Andrew Garfield's biography
Andrew Russell Garfield is 39 years old film actor born at Los Angeles. Andrew was born on Saturday 20th of August 1983. He is often nicknamed as Andy. According to year of birth 1983 Andrew belongs to Millennials. Birthday on 20th of August means Andrew is Leo. As sign in itself indicates “Lion” or “King”, hence people born under Leo sign are considered to be leaders in every aspects of life. They are royal in nature.
He is native english speaker. He is white american. Andrew is jewish. His primary profession is to be film actor. You can know Andrew also as model, stage actor, television actor. Andrew is recently known as actor.
Andrew Garfield's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Central School of Speech and Drama, City of London Freemen's School.
Detailed informations about Andrew´s schools
Andrew studied high school - City of London Freemen's School.
He studied university - Central School of Speech & Drama.
Andrew Garfield's career
Andrew´s main focus is to be film actor. He is famous thanks to The Social Network (2010), The Amazing Spider Man (2012). You could see him also in Tick, Tick... Boom!.
Is Andrew Garfield gay ?
He is known to be straight.
Andrew Garfield's girlfriends
Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone have been together since 2011 for 4 years. She is known as film actor. His girlfriend was born on Sunday 6th of November 1988 in Scottsdale.
Andrew Garfield and Shannon Woodward have been together since 2008 for 3 years. She is known as film actor. Andrew´s girlfriend was born on Monday 17th of December 1984 in Phoenix.
Awards and competitions
Andrew Garfield's Awards
- Won the Milton Shulman Award for Outstanding Newcomer at the 2006 Evening Standard Theatre Awards.
- Shared the 2007 London Theatre Critics Circle Most Promising Newcomer Award with Connie Fisher.
- Won the 2004 Manchester Evening News Most Promising Newcomer Theatre Award for his performance in "Kes" at the Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester.
- Won the 2018 Best Actor in a Play Tony Award for his performance in "Angels in America".
Andrew Garfield's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor
What else you don't know about Andrew Garfield ?
Andrew´s middle name is Russell.
Andrew Garfield's quotes
- I'm very neurotic and self-conscious. So I think that I'll know when I'm becoming a dick and believing my own press.
- I hope that I have to audition for every single job I want. I hope that I'm always struggling, really. You develop when you're struggling. When you're struggling, you get stronger.
- I think too much. Being in my body is much more satisfying than being in my head.
- [on Hollywood parties/events] - Those events that look like so much fun in the photos you see-it's mostly people looking over their shoulders at everyone. They're miserable, those parties.
- I hope this period doesn't end. I hope I never blow up. I hope that I have to audition for every single job I want. I hope that I'm always struggling, really. You develop when you're struggling. When you're struggling, you get stronger.
- [on where his guilt complex comes from] Being Jewish and, yes, I'm sure it stems from being privileged. I was brought up in a middle class home. I went to private school. And I was always very aware of me not earning that.
- Whenever I'm not on stage I wanna watch reality television... I wanna watch, like, The Voice or The Bachelor... Don't be surprised by that -- it's the greatest show on TV!
- Spider-Man is neurotic. Peter Parker is not a simple dude. He can't just switch off... He never feels like he's doing enough. And Peter suffers from self-doubt. He ums and ahs about his future because he's neurotic. He's Jewish. It's a defining feature.
- [on the The Amazing Spider-Man 2] I read a lot of the reactions from people and I had to stop because I could feel I was getting away from how I actually felt about it.
- [on working with Mel Gibson] He's incredibly instinctive and emotional - all blood and guts, nerve endings, viscera and muscle. Simultaneously, he's got a tremendous intellect.
- Hopefully we're dying on the cross every day and being resurrected in a truer way every day. That's the idea for me - the old self being shed in order for the truer self to emerge.
- As far as I know, I'm not a gay man. Maybe I'll have an awakening later in my life, which I'm sure will be wonderful and I'll get to explore that part of the garden. But right now I'm secluded to my area, which is wonderful as well. I adore it.
- I've been a smoker on and off since I was a teenager, but it did hit a heavy dose when I was doing this film [99 Homes]. But I don't have all that addictive of a personality, so I knew I'd be able to kick it very, very quickly afterwards.
- [on whether he feels more American or British] I identify more as Jewish than anything... I have a love-hate relationship with both countries and used to be very proud to have both passports. Today, I'm slightly less proud.
- I love that idea that if you know someone's story, it's impossible not to love them. This is potentially hokey but incredibly true, as far as I'm concerned.
- That's all I want, to keep losing myself.
- I feel incredibly awkward as a human being and incredibly teenaged still.
- I've realised that at the top of the mountain, there's another mountain.
Andrew Garfield's height, weight, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Andrew Garfield looks. We will focus on Andrew´s height, weight, body shape, eye color and hair color. He is tall as 5' 10½" (179 cm). Andrew weights 163lbs (74 kg). Body build is slim. His eyes are tinted brown - dark. His hair is shade of brown - dark.