Alan Rickman's biography
Alan Sidney Patrick Rickman is 70 years old television actor born at Hammersmith. Alan was born on Thursday 21st of February 1946. Alan is often nicknamed as Alan Sidney Patrick Rickman, Alan Rickman. According to year of birth 1946 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 21st of February means he is Pisces. Pisces is a Watery Sign. They are very intuitive people. They are empathic, emotional and highly spiritual in nature.
Alan is white british. He is citizen of United Kingdom. Alan is roman catholic. Alan´s primary profession is to be television actor. You can know him also as film actor, voice actor, character actor, film director, film producer, graphic designer, stage actor, writer, actor, screenwriter. He is recently known as theatrical director. Alan received BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves in 1992
Alan Rickman's family
Alan Rickman's ex wife
Alan Rickman and Rima Horton have been together since 2012 for 4 years.
Alan Rickman's schools
We found 4 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Royal College of Art, Chelsea College of Art and Design, Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, Latymer Upper School.
Detailed informations about Alan´s schools
He studied high school - Latymer School, London (1964).
He studied university - Chelsea College of Art and Design (1967), Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London.
Alan Rickman's career
Alan´s main focus is to be television actor. He is famous thanks to Die Hard, Harry Potter. You could see him also in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Rasputin: Dark Servant of Destiny. Alan is also a member of Royal Shakespeare Company.
Is Alan Rickman gay ?
He is known to be straight.
How did Alan Rickman die
Alan died on on Thursday 14th of January 2016 when he was 70 years old at London. Alan Rickmans death was caused by cancer. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Alan Rickman's Awards
- He was twice nominated for Broadway's Tony Award for Best Actor in a Play: for "Les Liaisons Dangereuses" (1987), and for a revival of NoÃ«l Coward's "Private Lives" (2002).
- Named Best Stage Actor for his role in the acclaimed revival of NoÃ«l Coward's "Private Lives" at the Variety Club Show Business Awards (2002).
- He was nominated for the 2002 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award (2001 season) for Best Actor for his performance in "Private Lives" at the Albery Theatre, London.
- He was nominated for a 2001 London Evening Standard Theatre Award for Best Actor for his performance in "Private Lives" at the Albery Theatre.
Alan Rickman's Rankings
- Ranked #59 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
Alan Rickman's Nominations
- He was nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for work Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves in 1992
- He was nominated for MTV Movie Award for Best Villain for work Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves in 1992
- Alan was nominated for Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor for work Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves in 1992
- Alan was nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for work Truly, Madly, Deeply in 1992
- He was nominated for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie for work Rasputin: Dark Servant of Destiny in 1996
- He was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for work Sense and Sensibility in 1996
- He was nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for work Sense and Sensibility in 1996
- He was nominated for Golden Globe Award for work The Winter Guest in 1997
- He was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Miniseries or Television Movie for work Rasputin: Dark Servant of Destiny in 1997
- Alan was nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for work Michael Collins in 1997
- Alan was nominated for Chlotrudis Award for Best Director for work The Winter Guest in 1998
- He was nominated for Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor for work Galaxy Quest in 2000
- He was nominated for Phoenix Film Critics Society Award for Best Cast for work Love Actually in 2004
- He was nominated for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie for work Something the Lord Made in 2004
- He was nominated for Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Cast for work Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street in 2007
- Alan was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for work The Butler in 2014
What else you don't know about Alan Rickman ?
His middle name is Sidney Patrick.
What Alan Rickman has done for a first time
- Although a highly successful film actor, he had frequently passed up film offers to return to the theater. The theater was a place and activity which he called "magical" and his "first love".
- For his death plunge down the side of the skyscraper in Die Hard (1988), he actually dropped 20 feet onto an airbag against a green screen. Director John McTiernan had to jump first to convince Rickman to do the jump.
- Had worked with director Alfonso CuarÃ³n twice: first in Fallen Angels: Murder, Obliquely (1993) and second in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004).
- Had worked with director Mike Newell twice: first in An Awfully Big Adventure (1995) and second in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005).
- The first film he ever saw was Swiss Family Robinson (1960) and the film that changed his life was Robert Altman's Nashville (1975).
- He was the first choice to play Sidney in Crimetime (1996), but the film's budget was too low to afford him. The role went to Pete Postlethwaite.
Alan Rickman's quotes
- I do take my work seriously and the way to do that is not to take yourself too seriously.
- [on longtime partner Rima Horton] I think every relationship should be allowed to have its own rules. She's tolerant. She's incredibly tolerant. Unbelievably tolerant. Possibly a candidate for sainthood.
- Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world.
- I do feel more myself in America. I can regress there, and they have roller-coaster parks.
- [on not being a father] I love to travel and I don't have children, so there is a certain freedom.
- If you spend any time in Los Angeles, there's only one topic of conversation.
- Los Angeles is not a town full of airheads. There's a great deal of wonderful energy there.
- I approach every part I'm asked to do and decide to do from exactly the same angle: who is this person, what does he want, how does he attempt to get it, and what happens to him when he doesn't get it, or if he does?
- I've learned a lot working with Bruce [Bruce Willis] and Kevin [Kevin Costner]. I mean, I'm the one that's there to learn, actually, in that situation.
- [on his role as Hans Gruber in Die Hard (1988)] As far as I'm concerned, I'm not playing the villain. I'm just playing somebody who wants certain things in life, has made certain choices, and goes after them.
- [on his role as the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)] I'm not playing a villain, I'm just playing somebody who has a certain checklist of things that he wants in life and he goes after them.
- [on Bruce Willis] He's just the best, he's very good at looking after the atmosphere of the set. He's very funny - kind of what you expect. But he's also very skilled in front of the cameras; he knows exactly what he's doing.
- Vincent Price also did comedy tremendously well, and is a tremendously versatile actor. And we all know where his gift for villainy landed him: typed for life. But I do appreciate the likening to him.
- Not having had children has given me more space to work, I'm sure that's true, and when I work, I'm very driven, but otherwise I don't sit around missing acting.
- I love not knowing what I'm going to be doing. I just enjoy any kind of mad scheme that comes up. I'll happily spend a day going round and round on roller coaster rides, the more dangerous the better.
- I've never been able to plan my life. I just lurch from indecision to indecision.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Alan Rickman's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Alan Rickman looks. We will focus on Alan´s height, body shape, eye color and hair color. He is tall as 6' 1" (185 cm). Body build is average. His eyes are tinted brown - light. Alan´s hair is shade of brown - light.
Latest news about Alan Rickman
For the latest news - you can follow Alan Rickman on social networks.