Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's biography
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is 49 years old film actor born at Mangalore. She was born on Thursday 1st of November 1973. She is often nicknamed as AshGullu. According to year of birth 1973 she belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 1st of November means she is Scorpio. Scorpio is a watery sign. These people are very intense in their thoughts. They always learn from the transformatory phase of their life.
She is native tulu speaker. She is citizen of India. She is an adherent of hinduism. Her primary profession is to be film actor. You can know her also as model. She is recently known as beauty pageant contestant.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's family
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's spouse
He is known as film actor. Her spouse was born on Thursday 5th of February 1976 in Mumbai.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's ex spouse
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's schools
We found 3 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: University of Mumbai, Ruparel College, Kishinchand Chellaram College.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's career
Her main focus is to be film actor. You could see her also in Jeans (film), Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Devdas and many more.
Awards and competitions
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Awards
- Has won over 100 awards since 1994 when she was 20.
- Was invited in 2005 to be a presenter at The 77th Annual Academy Awards (2005), but was unable to attend because she was busy filming The Mistress of Spices (2005).
- The youngest actress to receive the Padmi Shri award, the fourth highest civilian honor, from the government of India for her contribution to cinema.
- She has won the esteemed V. Shantaram Award twice: 2009 Best Actress for Jodhaa Akbar (2008) and 2003 Best Actress for Devdas (2002). The V. Shantaram Award is voted on by members of the Directors Guild.
What Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has done for a first time
- The first Indian actress to be on the jury of the Cannes International Film Festival.
- The first Bollywood star to appear in "Rolling Stone" magazine. (Issue 932, 10/2/03).
- In 2004 she became the first Bollywood and Indian actress to have her own statue at London's Madame Tussaud's museum.
- On 1/2/05 she became the first Indian actress to be interviewed on 60 Minutes (1968).
- When Oprah Winfrey saw her interview on 60 Minutes (1968), she was so fascinated by her that she invited her to be a guest on her show. On 4/25/05 she became the first Indian and South Asian actress to be featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show (1986).
- The first actress from India to be signed with the American Library Association and also have a poster made of her for schools and libraries all across America.
- Is the second Indian actress to appear on the cover of 'Time" magazine,e in 2003. The first was Parveen Babi in 1976.
- She was the first choice for the role of Jane Smith in Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005), but she turned it down due to filming conflicts.
- In 2005 Hugh Hefner attempted to create an Indian version of "Playboy" for India, which would feature South Asian women and Indian pop culture articles, but no nudity. He wanted to have Aishwarya on the cover of the first issue. The magazine was rejected.
- Is the second of five Indian women to win the Miss World title. The first was Reita Faria, who won in 1966. Others include Diana Hayden who won in 1997, Yukta Mookhey in 1999, and Priyanka Chopra Jonas in 2000.
- Her wax statue at Madame Tussauds Museum in London was borrowed by the museum in New York for six weeks. The statue was flown to New York and made its debut on 8/15/07, making her the first Indian actress in the American branch of the museum.
- Se is the first goodwill ambassador for Smile Train, a charity that works worldwide for children with cleft lip.
- Gave birth to her first child at age 38, a daughter Aaradhya Bachchan on 11/16/11. Child's father is her husband, Abhishek Bachchan.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's quotes
- I'm just an average woman with average concerns.
- Life will take its toll on all of us. We get injured, we get old. It's really sad to try to run away from these harsh realities of life. Looks are not everything. I am not going to look beautiful all the time.
- You give to the world your greatest gift when you're being yourself.
- I believe that as an actress all my fears and phobias exist till I sign on the dotted line for a film.
- I don't believe in proving a point to anybody. Nobody is that important.
- It's strange that Rakesh Roshan thinks I look older than Hrithik Roshan. In fact, he's approached me for all his home productions.
- I always knew I would be successful. So there was no element of surprise.
- I know for a fact that if there's a role which I am suited for, I'll be signed on. I'll never go begging.
- I only entered Miss India after pressure from friends and because I thought it would be a laugh.
- Comedy is difficult for an actor. But I think I have a good sense of humor and manage to make people laugh and make them happy.
- Women in the industry have been exploited very often, but there are some actors who belive that the short cut to stardom is through nudity or exposure. Such success is, in fact, very short-lived.
- I have never done a kissing scene nor do I have intentions to.
- [About turning down the role opposite Jackie Chan in The Myth (2005)] I did not have the required dates as I was busy with the shows abroad. I had to turn down the film. I have no regrets because there is always a next time.
- [in September 2004] I am not comfortable about kissing or nudity. I am clear about what I want. I'll work only with good directors who'll offer me two-dimensional roles. The director and the role are most important.
- It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
- Life is a stage, and we are all characters. So play your part and play it well!
- [In 2006] Good films are good films regardless of being made in India or abroad. I believe a great story transcends cultural lines and language barriers.
- [In 2006] My reason for choosing a film is not to impress people. I don't choose films for the box office.
- [In 1999] I'm like the Terminator. I won't stop till I win. Just everything must be perfect.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's body shape
Lets describe how Aishwarya Rai Bachchan looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
For the latest news - you can follow Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on social networks.