Adolphe Menjou's biography
Adolphe Menjou is 73 years old character actor born at Pittsburgh. He was born on Tuesday 18th of February 1890. According to year of birth 1890 he belongs to Lost Generation. Birthday on 18th of February means he is Aquarius. Aquarius is an Airy sign. They are smart thinkers, social, communicative, independent and intelligent people.He was married 2 times.
He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be character actor. You can know him also as stage actor, film actor. He is recently known as television actor.
Adolphe Menjou's family
Adolphe Menjou's ex spouses
Adolphe Menjou and Verree Teasdale have been together since 1934 for 29 years. She is known as actor. His ex spouse was born on Sunday 15th of March 1903 in Spokane. His ex spouse died on Tuesday 17th of February 1987 in Culver City. Verree Teasdale was 97 years old, when this happened.
Adolphe Menjou and Kathryn Carver have been together since 1928 for 6 years. She is known as actor. His ex spouse was born on Thursday 24th of August 1899 in New York City. His ex spouse died on Thursday 17th of July 1947 in New York City. Kathryn Carver was 57 years old, when this happened.
Adolphe Menjou's schools
We found 3 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Cornell University, Cornell University College of Engineering, Culver Academies.
Detailed informations about his schools
- Adolphe attended the Culver Military Academy and eventually graduated from Cornell University with a degree in engineering. He also was a captain in the Ambulance Corps during World War I.
Adolphe Menjou's career
His main focus is to be character actor.
How did Adolphe Menjou die
He died on on Tuesday 29th of October 1963 when he was 73 years old at Beverly Hills. Adolphe Menjous death was caused by chronic hepatitis. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Adolphe Menjou's Awards
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6826 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on February 8, 1960.
Adolphe Menjou's Nominations
- Had starred in five Oscar Best Picture nominees: The Front Page (1931), A Farewell to Arms (1932), A Star Is Born (1937), One Hundred Men and a Girl (1937) and Stage Door (1937). The last three of these were released in 1937.
What Adolphe Menjou has done for a first time
- First-generation American of mixed French-Irish ancestry. His French-born father, Albert Menjou, was a successful hotel manager and his mother, Nora Joyce, was from Connemara, Ireland.
- Distant cousin of author James Joyce--his mother was Joyce's first cousin.
Adolphe Menjou's quotes
- The [Marlon Brando] school are grabbers, not lovers. If it wasn't that the script says they get the girl, they wouldn't.
- My success has been as full of luck as a crapshooter's dream.
- I'm a Red-baiter; I'm a witch-hunter if the witches are Communists.
Adolphe Menjou's body shape
Lets describe how Adolphe Menjou looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.