Adam West's biography
Adam West is 89 years old voice actor born at Walla Walla. He was born on Wednesday 19th of September 1928. According to year of birth 1928 he belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 19th of September means he is Virgo. Virgo is an earthy sign of Zodiac Belt. People born under this Rising Sign are practical in nature. They believe in reality and represents themselves as a strong person.
He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be voice actor. You can know him also as comedian, presenter. He is recently known as television actor.
Adam West's schools
We found 4 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Lakeside School, Whitman College, University of Puget Sound, Walla Walla High School.
Detailed informations about his schools
- He attended Walla Walla High School during his freshman and sophomore years and later enrolled in Lakeside High School in Seattle, Washington, where he graduated, there in 1946.
- He attended University of Puget Sound, only in the fall of 1949. He went back to Whitman College, several months later, before graduation.
Adam West's career
His main focus is to be voice actor.
How did Adam West die
He died on on Friday 9th of June 2017 when he was 89 years old at Los Angeles. Adam Wests death was caused by leukemia. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Adam West's Awards
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television at 6764 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on April 5, 2012.
- He was awarded a Golden Palm Star on the Palm Springs Walk of Stars in Palm Springs, California on April 10, 2010.
What Adam West has done for a first time
- After his death, Adam West's hometown of Walla Walla, Washington, officially celebrates its annual "Adam West Day" on September 19, with the first one celebrated in 2017.
- West was actually the third actor to play Batman (although many credit him as the first, as the old serials are much more obscure than West's television series).
- Ironically, his first television appearance was in an episode of the Philco Television Playhouse entitled "The Joker".
Adam West's quotes
- Before I was limited to playing leads in low-budget movies. The series has given me the exposure - God knows - so that perhaps I would now be considered for important pictures, which is what I'm after.
- [If he was worried about playing Batman]: I was worried at first. I was afraid that my own identity might be submerged in the trappings of a freak in tights. But then I realized I should be able to make the craze work to my advantage.
- [When responded if he sat in the bar]: No, I'll sit at the bar. I don't want to be conspicuous.
- But of course, it's up to me to make whatever roles I play convincing and believable.
- [In 2003] That was a reference to Batman drinking the mickey in that first episode and him doing the Batusi. I'm always asked, "Do the Batusi!".
- [In 1998] There's no Bat gadget better than a seat belt for safety.
- [In 1966] Batman must be played with utter conviction. There is a line which I must follow, between satirizing the character and playing it dead-serious.
- [on one of his hobbies] It's important to us. Wetumpka isn't considered a great golf school, but this would be a great way to go out. We've got some young guys who need to keep getting better.
- [on returning to the role that made him famous] It's dramatized to an extent, but most of it really did happen. All good comedy is based on truth. Now they're saying we're a wonderful comedy team. What were we before?
- Unless the thinking of the major producers has become senile, they can perceive that I'm not Batman.
- [Who told spectators The Penguin was a villain on Batman (1966)]: Robin and I were in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner in the Batcave when we got word the Penguin might be in Houston so we rushed over.
- [In 1989] Who can say it's a mistake, but I know from my mail, and I get thousands of letters from Batman fans, that they resent it.
- [His thoughts on the effect Batman (1966) has had on his life] In a lot of people's mind, I AM Batman, and that's been kind of a two-edged sword.
- [In 1997] I could even wear my old tights, after getting all the mothballs out of it, and come back in the original Batmobile.
- [In 1995] That typecasting is a mean, long-fanged yellow dog that grabbed my leg about three in the morning at least once a week. It was tough to deal with.
- If you hang around long enough, they think you're good. It's either my tenacity or my stupidity, I'm not sure which.
- [on some of his ideas for stories on Batman (1966)] My Bruce Wayne would have been romancing Catwoman with a brandy snifter full of milk. Then he would have said something silly, like "Man cannot live on milk alone.".
- But I am simple in that I no longer feel the need to walk on a red carpet. I am a private person. I don't need a lot of company. And I find it really, really difficult to talk about myself.
- When fans ask me for advice, here's what I tell them: "Remain an optimist."
- If I pick up a telephone and make an international call, the operator knows my voice immediately, as does everybody else.
Adam West's body shape
Lets describe how Adam West looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Adam West
For the latest news - you can follow Adam West on social networks.
- He reached total 27 988 038 followers - Adam West on Twitter