Abel Ferrara's biography
Abel Ferrara is 71 years old film director born at New York City. He was born on Thursday 19th of July 1951. According to year of birth 1951 he belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 19th of July means he is Cancer. Cancer is a watery sign. They are very friendly and show motherly love to everyone. According to ascendant calculator, an important trait of these natives is their sensitive nature.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be film director. You can know him also as actor, screenwriter, film actor, film producer. He is recently known as film editor.
Abel Ferrara's schools
We found 1 school He attended. Name of the school: Rockland Community College.
Abel Ferrara's career
His main focus is to be film director.
Abel Ferrara's quotes
- As barbaric as we are, it's a miracle we haven't blown ourselves off the face of the earth so far.
- Life is what happens when you're doing other things, right?
- I'm about my characters.
- That's the thing about making a movie: You never finish editing. They just take it away from you.
- A script is not a piece of literature, it's a process.
- No one can stop me from talking about my movie.
- I'm not a big fan of talking about dying. And then I make a movie where I kill everybody.
- In the film business, it's basically honor among thieves.
- My life is proof that I don't need you to do what I do. If there's no one to see it, I'll watch it.
- My existence is about making movies, so I've just got to rock and roll with the punches. You want to make movies on telephones, I'm there.
- I grew up in the '60s, which was a creative time, so it wasn't that big of a stretch to go from a baseball bat to a guitar to a film camera.
- The last day of your life is still going to be a day.
- It's funny, the hardest thing to do is to make something look like it's fast, loose and improvised, and get somebody to laugh.
- Certain actors wanna get paid, they think working in a low-budget movie is being ripped off. But for others it's like, "Yes, let's do it".
- I come from a world where you get the film done, that's a success.
- Mulberry Street was the beating heart of the Italian-American experience, but you don't find those gangsters now. I live with a bunch of yuppies and models.
- Making money is not gonna change anything about what I am, except I won't answer the door.
- Most filmmaking is about shaking hands and just starting.
- Listen, anybody who has a film festival has the right to show what they want.
- I was born in the Bronx, and then my father moved us to the country at an early age.
- I don't have a problem with Werner Herzog.
- I don't know what DVD commentaries are about. I'd like to strangle the person who came up with that concept.
- I don't care if I get $50 million to do a film.
- I'm a lapsed Buddhist like I'm a lapsed Catholic. I take it to a point.
- I was raised a Catholic and when you're raised a Catholic they don't teach you to think for yourself. You're taught not to think too deeply about things.
- As an old-time New Yorker, it's not that I miss the '70s and '80s or whatever. I miss the fact that there was a certain kind of energy that exists when people can live for nothing.
- It's only Western civilization that, God forbid, you talk about dying, when it's the only thing we know for certain, right? Everyone's going to die, so what's the big problem? "Oh, God. Don't talk about it. Don't think about it". I mean, I'm one of them.
- The more you get into any religion, it becomes the same. It really becomes how you treat other people and how you get outside yourself. How you look to help other people, and how you get out of this "I, me, mine" type of thing.
- But I'm never gonna get to a point in my life where what it costs to shoot a movie is going to determine what it is. The limits of my imagination is the only thing that's gonna stop me.
- There's no such thing as a non-final cut director.
- With "New Rose Hotel" I knew that I was getting paid a $100,000 fee to write, produce and direct, and that's all I was going to get.
- The actors that I love to work with, they're hard on me. They're pushing me.
- The secret is not to make a film that causes something like Virginia Tech to happen. The secret is to make a film that stops it happening.
- Where I come from you're not raised to think on your own. It's not that you're pushed to read the Bible. The Bible is read to you.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Abel Ferrara's body shape
Lets describe how Abel Ferrara looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.