Aasif Mandvi's biography
Aasif Mandviwala is 56 years old screenwriter born at Mumbai. He was born on Saturday 5th of March 1966. According to year of birth 1966 he belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 5th of March means he is Pisces. Pisces is a Watery Sign. They are very intuitive people. They are empathic, emotional and highly spiritual in nature.
He is asian/indian indian. Aasif is citizen of United States of America. Aasif is muslim. His primary profession is to be screenwriter. You can know him also as stage actor, television actor. He is recently known as film actor.
Aasif Mandvi's schools
We found 3 schools Aasif attended. Complete list of schools: University of South Florida, George D. Chamberlain High School, Woodhouse Grove School.
Detailed informations about Aasif´s schools
- Graduated from the University of South Florida, where he majored in theater.
Aasif Mandvi's career
His main focus is to be screenwriter. Aasif is famous thanks to Sakina`s Restaurant.
Is Aasif Mandvi gay ?
He is known to be straight.
What Aasif Mandvi has done for a first time
- During his first-ever appearance on The Daily Show (1996), Bruce Springsteen was in the studio audience.
- His one-man show "Sakina's Restaurant" was the first play written by a South Asian American to be produced Off Broadway.
- In November 2014, he published his first book, "No Land's Man," a collection of personal essays.
Aasif Mandvi's quotes
- People lament that there's no roles being written for South Asian or Muslim characters. But their parents don't want their children to go into the entertainment field. You don't get it both ways.
- I'm Muslim the way many of my Jewish friends are Jewish: I avoid pork, and I take the big holidays off.
- I was born in India - but never really lived there.
- The experience of being on a show that is very much in the center of popular culture is exciting. You really feel like you're reaching people.
- In Britain, you never get away from the fact that you're a foreigner. In the U.S., the view is it doesn't matter where you come from.
- If you don't acknowledge differences, it's as bad as stereotyping or reducing someone.
- I've always said I'm the worst representative of Muslim-Americans that's ever existed, because I've been inside more bars than mosques.
- I'm not really a food connoisseur.
- The artist never really has any control over the impact of his work. If he starts thinking about the impact of his work, then he becomes a lesser artist.
- When you're brown and Indian, you get offered a lot of doctor roles.
- An artist's job is simply to take the mirror in front of your face and hold it there. It's not to give you any answers. It is simply to take that mirror and point it at you.
- In America, people think being South Asian is still kind of exotic. When you go outside New York and Chicago and L.A., there are people who have never tried Indian food... they've never even tasted it!
- Traditional television as we have known it will make love to the Internet and have a child. That child will be the future. It's already happening, and it's hot!
- When I was 11 my friend's mom made a peanut butter sandwich. I ate the sandwich and was like, 'I'm never eating anything else again.' And I still eat peanut butter every day. I would put peanut butter on a steak.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Aasif Mandvi's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Aasif Mandvi looks. We will focus on Aasif´s height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Aasif is tall as 5' 10" (178 cm). Body build is average. His eyes are tinted black. Aasif´s hair is shade of black.
Latest news about Aasif Mandvi
For the latest news - you can follow Aasif Mandvi on social networks.