Sung Kang's biography
Sung Kang is 50 years old actor born at Gainesville. He was born on Saturday 8th of April 1972. According to year of birth 1972 Sung belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 8th of April means he is Aries. Aries is the most active sign of Zodiac, one born with this sign is a very quick learner, aggressive and passionate.
He is native english speaker. Sung is asian american. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be actor. You can know him also as television actor. He is recently known as film actor.
Sung Kang's career
His main focus is to be actor. Sung is famous thanks to Better Luck Tomorrow.
Sung Kang's quotes
- My belief system is that you laugh at racism, and that's how it goes away.
- Sometimes idealism and all that make believe makes the world a better place.
- Pre-'Tokyo Drift,' I was like: 'Am I gonna play Yakuza #1 and Chinese Waiter #2 for the rest of my life? Is America even ready for an Asian face that speaks English, that doesn't do Kung Fu?'
- When I did 'Tokyo Drift,' a lot of the philosophy that Han lived by I have actually gone through in my own life. As I got older, I realized that I really believe in those philosophies, like the importance of family.
- On a studio film, you don't have to worry about running out of film or messing up your costumes; you have five other sets of it. Studio films make you the most comfortable so you can just act.
- I've actually started to drive slower. I never want to see a news headline that reads, 'The Chinese Guy from 'Fast & Furious' Pulled Over for a Speeding Ticket.'
- The more projects you do, the more actors you meet, the more people you meet, it's harder and harder to give your heart and your complete attention or absolute sincerity to that person.
- I think when we shot 'Tokyo Drift' I was a little too young to really understand what made Han who he is, and then I got older, and you start to make a little bit of money, and you realize that money will never buy you happiness.
- Prior to 'Tokyo Drift,' the iconic perception of Asians in Hollywood films has been either the Kung Fu guy, the Yakuza guy or some technical genius. It used to be such a joke, to be laughed at rather than with.
- Because of economics, you have to feed the demographics that are buying your product. So, as Asia becomes a much more economic influence on the products that are being made from America, I think people have to be sensitive.
- I've produced before, and sometimes it's by default. In the indie level, you can't just come to set and be like, 'Oh, I'm an actor.' You have to be willing to help out, make the project happen.
- A lot of times, you do independent films for passion because you may even lose money doing one, but it doesn't matter.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Sung Kang's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Sung Kang looks. We will focus on his height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Sung is tall as 6' 0½" (184 cm). Body build is average. His eyes are tinted black. Sung´s hair is shade of black.
Latest news about Sung Kang
For the latest news - you can follow Sung Kang on social networks.