Sterling Hayden's biography
Sterling Relyea Walter is 70 years old military officer born at Montclair. Sterling was born on Sunday 26th of March 1916. He is often nicknamed as The Most Beautiful Man in the MoviesThe Beautiful Blond Viking GodShirley. According to year of birth 1916 he belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 26th of March means he is Aries. Aries is the most active sign of Zodiac, one born with this sign is a very quick learner, aggressive and passionate.
Sterling is white american. Sterling is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be military officer. You can know Sterling also as novelist, autobiographer, character actor, television actor. Sterling is recently known as film actor.
Sterling Hayden's family
Sterling Hayden's ex spouse
Sterling Hayden and Madeleine Carroll have been together since 1942 for 4 years. She is known as actor. Sterling´s ex spouse was born on Monday 26th of February 1906 in West Bromwich. Sterling´s ex spouse died on Friday 2nd of October 1987 in Marbella. Madeleine Carroll was 71 years old, when this happened.
Detailed informations about his schools
Sterling studied high school - Dropped Out.
Sterling Hayden's career
Sterling´s main focus is to be military officer. Sterling is famous thanks to Dix Handley In The Asphalt Jungle (1950), Brigadier General Jack D. Ripper In Dr. Strangelove (1964)..
How did Sterling Hayden die
Sterling died on on Friday 23rd of May 1986 when he was 70 years old at Sausalito. Sterling Haydens death was caused by prostate cancer. It happend like natural causes.
Sterling Hayden's quotes
- Incredible, really--how I got away with it; parlaying nine years at sea into two decades of posturing.
- There's nothing wrong with being an actor, if that's what a man wants. But there's everything wrong with achieving an exalted status simply because one photographs well and is able to handle dialogue.
- [on his films] Bastards, most of them, conceived in contempt of life and spewn out onto screens across the world with noxious ballyhoo; saying nothing, contemptuous of the truth, sullen and lecherous.
- [on why he hated acting] Because, in the final analysis, an actor is only a pawn--brilliant sometimes, rare and talented, capable of bringing pleasure and even inspiration to others, but no less a pawn for that.
- I wonder whether there has ever before been a man who bought a schooner and joined the Communist Party all on the same day.
- [on quitting the Communist Party] I'd rather be wrong on my own than be right on somebody else's say-so.
- I'm not a member of the Party. I'm not under the discipline or influence of the Party, not that I know of. What's more, I never was, even when I was a member.
- I did nothing in 1947, for which Paramount paid me $70,000.
- [on confessing his Communist ties] I don't think you have the foggiest notion of the contempt I have had for myself since the day I did that thing . . . It's the one thing in my life that I'm categorically ashamed of.
- [to producers at end of each picture] When you took me, who did you REALLY want for the picture?
- [after shooting Johnny Guitar (1954)] There is not enough money in Hollywood to lure me into making another picture with Joan Crawford. And I like money.
- I started at the top and worked my way down.
- I don't think there are many other businesses where you can be paid good money and not know what you're doing.
- If I had the dough I'd buy up the negative of every film I ever made . . . and start one hell of a fire.
- [on The Long Goodbye (1973)] That was first thing I ever did that I could actually stand to watch on screen--the first time I wasn't acutely mortified.
- I work when I get broke or when something comes along that has some integrity or guts.
- What confuses me is I ain't all that unhappy. So why do I drink, I don't know.
Sterling Hayden's height, body shape
Lets describe how Sterling Hayden looks. We will focus on his height, body shape and hair color. He is tall as 6' 5" (196 cm). Body build is average. His hair is shade of grey.