Sondra Locke's biography
Sandra Louise Smith is 74 years old singer born at Shelbyville. She was born on Sunday 28th of May 1944. She is often nicknamed as Sondra Anderson, Sandra Smith, Hobbit, Snow White, The Woman With No Name, Mrs. Anderson, Sondra Locke, Sandra Louise Anderson, Sandra Louise Smith. According to year of birth 1944 Sondra belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 28th of May means she is Gemini. Gemini is a dual sign of Zodiac Belt. One born with this rising sign is very dual and creative in nature with lots of verbosity. They are the most expressive people as they love talking.
Sondra is white american. She is citizen of United States of America. Her primary profession is to be singer. You can know her also as film director, autobiographer, film actor, director, television actor, screenwriter, film producer, stage actor. She is recently known as model.
Sondra Locke's schools
We found 1 school She attended. Name of the school: Middle Tennessee State University.
Detailed informations about her schools
- Attended Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN, on a full scholarship, dropping out after two semesters to work in real estate.
Sondra Locke's career
Sondra´s main focus is to be singer. She is famous thanks to The Gauntlet. She focuses on Western music.
Is Sondra Locke gay ?
She is known to be straight.
Sondra Locke's boyfriend
Sondra Locke and Clint Eastwood have been together since 1975 for 14 years. He is known as actor. Her boyfriend was born on Saturday 31st of May 1930 in San Francisco.
How did Sondra Locke die
She died on on Saturday 3rd of November 2018 when he was 74 years old. Sondra Lockes death was caused by cardiac arrest. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Sondra Locke's Awards
- The aqua sequined gown she wore to the Academy Awards in 1969 was hand-sewn by WB seamstresses from her husband's design.
Sondra Locke's Nominations
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for work The Heart is a Lonely Hunter in 1968
- She was nominated for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress for work Bronco Billy in 1981
- Sondra was nominated for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress for work Ratboy in 1988
What else you don't know about Sondra Locke ?
Her middle name is Louise.
What Sondra Locke has done for a first time
- Friendship with future California first lady Maria Shriver ended over Maria's refusal to take sides publicly in the litigious war between Sondra and Clint Eastwood.
- First job was as a bookkeeper at Tyson chicken processing plant, circa 1961.
- In the late 1960s there was talk of Locke starring in a biopic about Christine Jorgensen, the first celebrity transsexual, but it didn't come to fruition.
- Her first screen credit was as Jill in a 1966 Television show called "For Better, For Worse".
Sondra Locke's quotes
- No matter how big actors get, they always somehow think, 'Today is it -- tomorrow everybody's going to wake up and hate me.'
- Everyone always wants to type you. With me, I started out as a vulnerable waif and for many years that's all anyone ever wanted me to play.
- I've had some great parts, it's just that you're always looking for something that will take you in a different direction. People only see you in those boxes you've been most recently seen in. That way, they don't have to think or be creative.
- Success is just a drop in the bucket, a grain of sand on the beach.
- Externals don't throw me. I'm like a turtle. If I don't like the going, I just pull my head in.
- I am a romantic. I want to cry when I throw out my Christmas tree, and I have a lot of feelings about magic and fantasy. I believe in elves and giants. I believe that fairy tales are nothing more than news reports of what once happened.
- Believe in yourself. People try to discourage you about the cold world outside, but it's cold everywhere. Go after what you believe in. You have to try. If you fail, you will probably end up with something better than if you never tried.
- My personality, or persona or whatever, is really more in line with directing. If I had seen more women's names on the credits when I was a child - you know, 'directed by Gladys Hooper' - I think I might have drifted more in that direction.
- [on Clint Eastwood] I discovered he was a liar and a cheat who was leading a double, no, a triple if not a quadruple life, and who was terrified of being found out.
- A real marriage doesn't need those papers. But a real breakup does.
- [her reaction to finding out Clint Eastwood sired another woman's children while they were still together] I just thought, 'Oh my God!' Either he changed from white to black or I had been living with somebody I didn't even know.
-  I am reconciled that I will probably not work again, but if I do it will be something 'meant to be.'
- [on Clint Eastwood's fans] They only want his image and not to be bothered with reality.
- [1989, on what she would do if Clint Eastwood showed up on the set of Impulse (1990) to bad-vibe her] I'd go to my purse, take out my gun and shoot him in the back of the fucking head!
- [from an interview with Dick Kleiner, 1969] I haven't thought of having a family. I'm not sure about bringing kids into this world. Anyhow, I'd feel sorry for any child that had me for a mother.
- [on Willard (1971)] I hated it. I'm sorry that I did it.
- [re Eastwood on Eastwood (1997), the documentary in which film clips were edited so carefully that she doesn't appear to have been in any of them] Yes, I heard about that. I wasn't surprised. It is one example of the pettiness that is Clint.
- [on Death Game (1977)] The director didn't have any idea what he needed to be, was, or should be doing. He knew nothing.
- To me, simplicity means elegance.
- [on marrying Gordon Anderson] It's funny the sort of cultural changes, but in those days males and females never lived together unless they were married.
- I never felt at home in Tennessee. I felt I'd been parachuted out at the wrong spot somehow.
- [on having a repeat abortion] I couldn't help but think that that baby, with both Clint's and my best qualities, would be extraordinary.
- Every TV job I did, I felt worse and worse and worse. I got so depressed, I thought I couldn't act anymore. The lines were terrible.
Sondra Locke's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Sondra Locke looks. We will focus on her height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Sondra is tall as 5' 4" (163 cm). Body build is slim. Her eyes are tinted green. Her hair is shade of dyed blonde.