Simu Liu's biography
Simu Liu is 33 years old actor born at Harbin. Simu was born on Wednesday 19th of April 1989. He is often nicknamed as Simu. According to year of birth 1989 he belongs to Millennials. Birthday on 19th of April means Simu is Aries. Aries is the most active sign of Zodiac, one born with this sign is a very quick learner, aggressive and passionate.
He is asian chinese. He is citizen of Canada. Simu´s primary profession is to be actor. You can know Simu also as screenwriter. Simu is recently known as television actor.
Simu Liu's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Western University, University of Toronto Schools.
Detailed informations about Simu´s schools
Simu studied university - University of Toronto Schools, University of Western Ontario, Ivey Business School.
Simu Liu's career
Simu´s main focus is to be actor. Simu is famous thanks to his roles as Jung Kim on the CBC sitcom Kim's Convenience and Shang-Chi in the 2021 Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) film Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.
Is Simu Liu gay ?
Simu is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Simu Liu's Nominations
- He was nominated for ACTRA Award for work Blood and Water in 2017
- He was nominated for Canadian Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Program or Series for work Blood and Water in 2017
Simu Liu's quotes
- My watchlist says I'm somebody who cares deeply about Asian representation and telling our stories, because they haven't been told yet in Hollywood in a deep and meaningful way or they are just starting to be told.
- I sing very unapologetically in the shower. I've seen almost every movie musical known to man. Would like to be in my own one day. Putting that out there.
- [on his parents] Forgiveness and reconciliation are always possible. Never give up.
- [on Premiere day of Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021) ] Truly a wonderful night that I will remember forever. My heart is filled with gratitude. I can't wait for you guys to watch!!
- [Question on what are Asian snacks should be more widely available in convenience and gas stations across the land] shrimp chips and hello panda cookies with a little bit of filling on the inside
- I really, really love Boba [bubble tea].
- I would say that I want people to remember my name. I hope that people remember what I stood for.
- [post on Twitter] I know you are all psyched about my awards but I just hugged Tom Hiddleston and I'm still in shock
- [Twitter post] A historical win for cinema and for Asian representation but also I'm really scared of basements now #Parasite
- I've had dogs in my life pretty much from the moment I've been on my own. I was 22 years old, actually, incidentally had just been laid off from my job and I had a dog. My parents just didn't understand any of it.
- [on racism and lack of representation among Asian Americans] There is something missing in Asian America. They're missing people to tell them, 'It's okay to be who you are-you belong. Just be unapologetically you; you're not less than anybody else.
- I'm someone who loves escaping into completely new and different worlds through watching movies and TV. Whether it's a world of wizards, orcs or Greco-Roman gods, I'm just somebody that loves being whisked away.
- [on Twitter] I know you are all psyched about my awards but I just hugged Tom Hiddleston and I'm still in shock
- [on watching movies at home or in theater] I like watching at home, but there's nothing better than sitting at a theater in a dark room, experiencing a movie on a massive screen with a bunch of strangers and just munching on popcorn.
- [post on Twitter] Seeing all the little Asian kids dressed up as Shang-Chi is so precious. We should probably make more of these movies...
- [which actors he would love to work with in the future] So many, Ran Reynolds, Hugh Jackman, Meryl Streep, Denzel Washington, Michael B Jordan, Steven Yeun.
- A great date night movie needs a fantastic "meet cute" moment. We all know that moment in the romantic movie where the main characters chases the other down and professes their feelings in this beautiful, perfect monologue.
- My favorite movies were ones where the world building was so strong and I could just kind of disappear. It really has the power to transport you. It's like different places at different times.
- [post on Twitter] It wasn't until I showed my parents the Chinese-language version of our poster that they finally became proud of me.
- [As his fame increased, he began to speak out about issues that were important to him] I saw so many people who grew up like me, feeling invisible or as somebody who didn't belong
- [Question on what Asian snacks should be more widely available in convenience and gas stations across the land] shrimp chips and hello panda cookies with a little bit of filling on the inside
- [on Twitter] Seeing all the little Asian kids dressed up as Shang-Chi is so precious. We should probably make more of these movies...
- Day 1 of my Shang-Chi training began all the way back in August of 2019. I could barely throw a punch or touch my toes. Every journey has a beginning.
- My favorite genre is superhero movies. I mean, come on. It's the best.
- [on what makes a good sitcom] The characters are really what makes a great sitcom. You have to have a balanced cast of wacky characters that you love to love and love to hate... it's got to have the perfect balance.
- I really, really love Boba [bubble tea]. I love all sorts of boba. I love Boba Guys strawberry matcha latte, Jasmine milk tea. Nice and plain and simple, but I also love more dessert-based bobas, like panna cotta boba and creme brulee boba.
- I love anything to do with Greco-Roman history.
- [Before Shang-Chi and the legend of the ten rings] Kim's Convience was really the only meaningful credit I had on my name. Kim's Convience was really the only meaningful credit I had on my name.
- I love sports and snowboarding.
- [on if he could live anywhere in the world where it would be] I would love to live somewhere surrounded with warm water... I'm gonna go with Greece.
- [Twitter post] I declare war on unnecessary packaging.
- [post on Twitter, Dec. 2020] Shoutout to all the immigrant families celebrating Christmas/the holidays in their own strange way. For example, instead of turkey and stuffing, my parents like to make dumplings and pressure me for grandchildren.
- [post on Twitter] Recipe for the best dumplings in the world: Ground pork, shrimp, leek, egg, water, salt, and some sort of secret sauce my mom refuses to tell me [pouting emoji]. Will report if any new developments arise.
- I did quite a few of my own stunts for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021), that's part of the joy of getting to do movies like this is that you get to be a part of the action and I definitely wanted to do as much as I could.
- [Twitter post in May 2021] Fun fact: Nine years ago I spent all of my severance money from Deloitte on a professional portfolio shoot.
- [post on Twitter] I don't know who needs to hear this but you don't need to put a 'beauty filter' on your face; you're already perfect.
- When I look forward into the future I don't necessarily know what exactly is gonna happen but I know that I'm gonna be breaking barriers wherever I go.
- I've always been a massive fan of Boba and not just as a beverage itself, but for what it kind of represents for Asian-Americans. You know, it's a drink that's so distinctly is ours.
- I don't actually drink alcohol, after college I was like why do I subject myself to this? I get the flush and I get like a pulsing headache and I sometimes get hives. It's not cute, so I stopped.
- stion on social media: 'Is he single??'] And my answer is, is that your business?
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Simu Liu's height, weight, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Simu Liu looks. We will focus on his height, weight, body shape, eye color and hair color. Simu is tall as 5' 11" (180 cm). He weights 176lbs (80 kg). Body build is athletic. Simu´s eyes are tinted brown - dark. Simu´s hair is shade of black.
Latest news about Simu Liu
For the latest news - you can follow Simu Liu on social networks.