Shirley Maclaine's biography
Shirley MacLane Beaty is 88 years old film actor born at Richmond. Shirley was born on Tuesday 24th of April 1934. She is often nicknamed as Shirley MacLaine, Shirley MacLean Beaty, Shirley McLaine. According to year of birth 1934 Shirley belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 24th of April means she is Taurus. Taurus is most stable sign of Zodiac, that is the reason it is also included in the earthy sign of the Zodiac Belt. One born with this Moon Sign (Not a Rising Sign) is very stable and balanced through their mind.
She is native american english speaker. She is white american. She is citizen of United States of America. She is baptist. Her primary profession is to be film actor. You can know her also as dancer, musician, character actor, television actor, stage actor, screenwriter, singer, writer, film producer. Shirley is recently known as film director.
Shirley Maclaine's dad
Shirley Maclaine's father's name is Ira Owens Beaty.
Shirley Maclaine's mom
Shirley Maclaine's mother's name is Kathlyn Corinne Maclean.
Shirley Maclaine's family
Shirley Maclaine's ex husband
Shirley Maclaine and Steve Parker have been together since 1954 for 28 years.
Shirley has 1 daughter.
Shirley Maclaine's daughter: Sachi Parker
Shirley Maclaine's daughter's name is Sachi Parker. She is known as television actor. Shirley´s daughter was born on Saturday 1st of September 1956 in Los Angeles.
Shirley Maclaine's schools
We found 1 school She attended. Name of the school: Washington-Liberty High School.
Detailed informations about her schools
- Attended the same high school, Washington-Lee High School, as Sandra Bullock. Both were also cheerleaders at the school. Her brother, Warren Beatty also attended this high school.
Shirley Maclaine's career
Shirley´s main focus is to be film actor. She is famous thanks to her role as the anxious and quippy widow Aurora Greenway in James L. Brooks's 1983 family comedy-drama film Terms of Endearment. You could see Shirley also in Terms of Endearment, Ask Any Girl, Desperate Characters, The Apartment, Madame Sousatzka, The Trouble with Harry, Irma la Douce and many more.
Is Shirley Maclaine gay ?
She is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Shirley Maclaine's Awards
- Shirley received award for Academy Award for Best Actress for work Terms of Endearment in 1983
- She received award for Silver Bear for Best Actress for work Ask Any Girl in 1959
- Shirley received award for Silver Bear for Best Actress for work Desperate Characters in 1971
- Shirley received award for BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for work Ask Any Girl in 1960
- She received award for BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for work The Apartment in 1961
- Shirley received award for Volpi Cup for Best Actress for work The Apartment in 1960
- Shirley received award for Volpi Cup for Best Actress for work Madame Sousatzka in 1988
- Shirley received award for Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year – Actress for work The Trouble with Harry in 1955
- She received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for work The Apartment in 1961
- Shirley received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for work Irma la Douce in 1964
- She received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama for work Terms of Endearment in 1984
- She received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama for work Madame Sousatzka in 1989
Shirley Maclaine's Rankings
- Her performance as Aurora Greenway in Terms of Endearment (1983) is ranked #81 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.
Shirley Maclaine's Nominations
- Shirley was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress for work Some Came Running in 1958
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress for work The Apartment in 1960
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress for work Irma la Douce in 1963
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature for work The Other Half of the Sky: A China Memoir in 1975
- Shirley was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress for work The Turning Point in 1977
- Shirley was nominated for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress for work Cannonball Run II in 1985
- Shirley was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress for work Terms of Endearment in 1983
Shirley Maclaine's quotes
- Some people think I look like a sweet potato, I consider myself a spud with a heart of gold.
- It is useless to hold a person to anything he says while he's in love, drunk, or running for office.
- I had a video made of my recent knee operation. The doctor said it was the best movie I ever starred in.
- An actor has many lives and many people within him. I know there are lots of people inside me. No one ever said I'm dull.
- I can't define longevity. I don't know what it means.
- [New York Times interview, Oct. 16, 2005] I regret turning down the lead role in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore (1974) which Ellen Burstyn deservedly won an Oscar for. I said to myself: "Who is this Martin Scorsese person?"
- [on Oscars] I love to win those things. Love it. The only part about it I don't like is the red carpet and getting a dress and walking around in high heels and holding in my stomach. I hate that.
- [on accepting her Oscar, 1983] I am going to cry because this show has been as long as my career! I have wondered for 26 years what this would feel like! Thank you for terminating the suspense.
- I'm not unaware of how I'm perceived, I just don't care about it. Unless I really hurt someone's feelings. I care about that.
- ...I was always a character actress and never a sex symbol. Even when I was the leading lady, I was a character actor.
- I've made so many movies playing a hooker that they don't pay me in the regular way anymore. They leave it on the dresser.
- My first few weeks in New York were an initiation into the kingdom of guts.
- [after being offended by David Letterman on his show] Cher was right! You are an asshole!
- On personal power: You are the architect of your personal experience.
- [on Warren Beatty] The difference between us is sex. I can take it or leave it. But my kid brother ... well, now, he enjoys his reputation. Sex is the most important thing in his life. It's his hobby, you could say.
- [on Mia Farrow] All turned in and vulnerable, a child with a highly energetic brain. From the neck up she's eighty.
- On mothering: If we can genuinely honor our mother and father we are not only at peace with ourselves but we can give them birth to our future.
- I'm very interested in how insane everybody is. That's why I write.
- I don't know what the norm is. The latest evaluations on human sexuality say that we are one-third monogamous, one-third serially monogamous and one-third polygamous. I would say there should be some kind of form to fill out before you promise monogamy.
- Once the soul of India gets into you, it sits on your shoulder all the time.
- If I'm click-worthy, that's because I'm still walking upright.
- [on Billy Wilder] I liked him, but I wouldn't put him at the head of the line for women's liberation.
- [when asked if she's likely to remarry] I've never really been married.
Shirley Maclaine's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Shirley Maclaine looks. We will focus on Shirley´s height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. Shirley is tall as 5' 7" (170 cm). Shirley weights 121lbs (55 kg). Body build is slim. Her eyes are tinted blue. Shirley´s hair is shade of red. If you are really curious, you may find interesting her shoe size is 9.
Latest news about Shirley Maclaine
For the latest news - you can follow Shirley Maclaine on social networks.
- Shirley reached total 0 followers - Shirley MacLaine on Twitter