Robert Stephens's biography
Robert Graham Stephens is 64 years old stage actor born at Bristol. He was born on Tuesday 14th of July 1931. He is often nicknamed as Sir Robert Graham Stephens, Sir Robert Stephens. According to year of birth 1931 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 14th of July means he is Cancer. Cancer is a watery sign. They are very friendly and show motherly love to everyone. According to ascendant calculator, an important trait of these natives is their sensitive nature.He was married 2 times.
Robert is white british. Robert is citizen of United Kingdom. His primary profession is to be stage actor. You can know him also as film actor. Robert is recently known as television actor.
Robert Stephens's family
Robert Stephens's ex wifes
Robert Stephens and Maggie Smith have been together since 1967 for 7 years. She is known as television actor. His ex wife was born on Friday 28th of December 1934 in Ilford.
Robert Stephens and Patricia Quinn have been together less than a year in 1995.
He has 2 sons.
Robert Stephens's son: Toby Stephens
Robert Stephens's son's name is Toby Stephens. He is known as actor. His son was born on Monday 21st of April 1969 in London.
Robert Stephens's son: Chris Larkin
Robert Stephens's son's name is Chris Larkin. Chris is known as actor. His son was born on Monday 19th of June 1967 in London.
Detailed informations about Robert´s schools
He studied university - Esme Church's Bradford Civic Theatre School, Yorkshire.
Robert Stephens's career
Robert´s main focus is to be stage actor. Robert is famous thanks to Romeo and Juliet.
Is Robert Stephens gay ?
He is known to be straight.
How did Robert Stephens die
He died on on Sunday 12th of November 1995 when he was 64 years old at London. Robert Stephenss death was caused by complications from surgery.
Awards and competitions
Robert Stephens's Awards
- He was awarded the Laurence Olivier Theatre Award in 1993 (1992 season) for Best Actor for his performance as Falstaff in "Henry IV, Parts I & II" at the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1959 Tony Award as Best Actor (Dramatic) for "Epitaph for George Dillon."
- Variety Club of Great Britain Stage Actor Award for 1965 for his performances at the National Theatre, notably in Royal Hunt of the Sun and Trelawney of the Wells.
What else you don't know about Robert Stephens ?
His middle name is Graham.
Robert Stephens's quotes
- [on "Hamlet"] It is undoubtedly the greatest part ever written, but it's so complex. You can't really play it, you just give an opinion of it.
- [on comedian Sonnie Hale] A gross, unfunny person offstage and someone, on the whole, to avoid.
- [on Tony Richardson] He convinced me (wrongly of course) that anyone can make a movie. All Tony Richardson ever did was come in and ask his cameraman what he should do . . . He was a useless, unpleasant creature.
- Film acting is difficult to do properly. I remember I once said to George Cukor that I think it's as difficult to be Spencer Tracy as it is to be Laurence Olivier. He said, "Wrong, it's much more difficult to be Spencer Tracy".
- [1993, to a journalist about to review his performance in "King Lear"] Enjoy the show, it gets funnier in the second half.
- [on Laurence Harvey] An appalling man and even more unforgivably, an appalling actor.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Robert Stephens's body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Robert Stephens looks. We will focus on Robert´s body shape, eye color and hair color. Body build is slim. His eyes are tinted brown - dark. Robert´s hair is shade of brown - light.