Robert Preston's biography
Robert Preston is 69 years old stage actor born at Massachusetts. He was born on Saturday 8th of June 1918. He is often nicknamed as PresBobPreston Meservey. According to year of birth 1918 he belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 8th of June means he is Gemini. Gemini is a dual sign of Zodiac Belt. One born with this rising sign is very dual and creative in nature with lots of verbosity. They are the most expressive people as they love talking.
He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be stage actor. You can know him also as film actor, television actor. He is recently known as singer.
Robert Preston's family
Robert Preston's ex spouse
Robert Preston and Catherine Craig have been together since 1940 for 47 years. She is known as actor. His ex spouse was born on Monday 18th of January 1915 in Bloomington. His ex spouse died on Wednesday 14th of January 2004 in Santa Barbara. Catherine Craig was 86 years old, when this happened.
Robert Preston's schools
We found 1 school He attended. Name of the school: Abraham Lincoln High School.
Robert Preston's career
His main focus is to be stage actor.
How did Robert Preston die
He died on on Saturday 21st of March 1987 when he was 69 years old at Montecito. Robert Prestons death was caused by lung cancer. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Robert Preston's Awards
- Robert is one of four performers to win the Tony Award during a telecast they were hosting. Robert won the Tony for Lead Actor (Musical) for "I Do! I Do!" While hosting the 1967 ceremony.
Robert Preston's Nominations
- Was in three Oscar Best Picture nominees: Wake Island (1942), The Music Man (1962) and How the West Was Won (1962).
Robert Preston's quotes
- I've done my best to avoid B pictures. Why should I go into them now and call it television?
- I'd get the best role in every B picture and the second best in the A pictures.
- [on Gary Cooper] I loved working with Gary Cooper. People refer to Cooperisms and Cooper tricks, but I always found him to be a tremendous actor.
- [on Loretta Young] She worked with a full-length mirror behind the camera. I didn't know which Loretta to play to -- the one in the mirror or the one that was with me.
Robert Preston's body shape
Lets describe how Robert Preston looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.