Rex Harrison's biography
Sir Reginald Carey Harrison is 82 years old film actor born at Huyton. He was born on Thursday 5th of March 1908. He is often nicknamed as Sexy Rexy. According to year of birth 1908 he belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 5th of March means he is Pisces. Pisces is a Watery Sign. They are very intuitive people. They are empathic, emotional and highly spiritual in nature.He was married 6 times.
Rex is native british english speaker. He is white british. He is citizen of United Kingdom. His primary profession is to be film actor. You can know Rex also as stage actor. Rex is recently known as television actor.
Rex Harrison's dad
Rex Harrison's father's name is William Reginald Harrison.
Rex Harrison's mom
Rex Harrison's mother's name is Edith Mary Carey.
Rex Harrison's family
Rex Harrison's ex wifes
Rex Harrison and Lilli Palmer have been together since 1943 for 14 years. She is known as writer. Rex´s ex wife was born on Sunday 24th of May 1914 in Poznań. His ex wife died on Monday 27th of January 1986. Lilli Palmer was 78 years old, when this happened.
Rex Harrison and Kay Kendall have been together since 1957 for 2 years. She is known as actor. His ex wife was born on Saturday 21st of May 1927 in Withernsea. Rex´s ex wife died on Sunday 6th of September 1959 in The London Clinic. Kay Kendall was 51 years old, when this happened.
Rex Harrison and Elizabeth Rees have been together since 1971 for 4 years. She is known as actor. His ex wife was born on Friday 1st of May 1936 in Cardiff. His ex wife died on Friday 15th of April 2022. Elizabeth Rees was 114 years old, when this happened.
Rex Harrison and Marjorie Thomas have been together since 1933 for 9 years.
Rex Harrison and Rachel Roberts have been together since 1962 for 9 years. She is known as stage actor. His ex wife was born on Tuesday 20th of September 1927.
Rex Harrison and Mercia Tinker have been together since 1978 for 12 years.
Rex has 2 sons.
Rex Harrison's son: Noel Harrison
Rex Harrison's son's name is Noel Harrison. He is known as actor. Rex´s son was born on Monday 29th of January 1934 in Kensington. His son died on Saturday 19th of October 2013 in Ashburton. Noel Harrison was 105 years old, when this happened.
Rex Harrison's son: Carey Harrison
Rex Harrison's son's name is Carey Harrison. He is known as novelist. His son was born in 1944 in London.
Rex Harrison's schools
We found 3 schools Rex attended. Complete list of schools: Liverpool College, Birkdale School, Huyton College.
Detailed informations about his schools
Rex studied high school - Birkdale Preparatory School.
He studied university - Liverpool College.
Rex Harrison's career
His main focus is to be film actor. He is famous thanks to My Fair Lady.
Is Rex Harrison gay ?
Rex is known to be straight.
How did Rex Harrison die
Rex died on on Saturday 2nd of June 1990 when he was 82 years old at New York City. Rex Harrisons death was caused by pancreatic cancer. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Rex Harrison's Awards
- Winner of two Tony Awards for Best actor for "Anne of the Thousand Days" and "My Fair Lady".
- Won a 1969 Special Tony Award (New York City).
Rex Harrison's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for work Cleopatra in 1963
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor
What else you don't know about Rex Harrison ?
His middle name is Carey.
Rex Harrison's quotes
- [When asked if he received any special privileges upon becoming a knight]: Alas, no. In the old days I believe you at least got a couple of horses out of the deal.
- Exhilaration is that feeling you get just after a great idea hits you, and just before you realize what's wrong with it.
- When I was ten we moved and I decided that none of the names I was then called - Reggie, Bobby, Baa - suited me. Somehow I hit on Rex. I must have heard someone calling for their dog and thought it sounded rather nice.
- [After viewing The Sound of Music (1965)]: That was the only time I've ever rooted for the Nazis.
- [Rex's son, Noel Harrison, recalling sitting watching a storm with his father and Rex exclaiming this when a bolt of lightning obliterated a tree in their yard]: Well hit, God!
- It takes a long time to learn to treat the camera as a friend and confidant, which finally you have to do if you're to become a good film actor.
- : I'm now at the age where I've got to prove that I'm just as good as I never was.
- Wives are like gilt-edged stocks. The more you have, the greater your dividends.
- Eliza Doolittle is supposed to be ill at ease in European ballrooms. Bloody Audrey has never spent a day in her life out of European ballrooms. - On My Fair Lady (1964)
- The important thing is to learn through experience. The more you do the more you learn. I don't think anyone can teach acting from a podium.
- My contract for 'My Fair Lady' was for nine months only - but how could you leave a show like that? It was all far too exciting, and I stayed with it for two years.
- His reply to how he felt being Knighted by the Queen on July 25th 1989: It was a marvelous moment kneeling there and getting tapped on the shoulder.
- Lana Turner is to an evening gown what Frank Lloyd Wright is to a pile of lumber.
- [When asked on why he won an Academy Award for Best Actor for My Fair Lady (1964) ]: My dear, I only played Leslie Howard .
Rex Harrison's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Rex Harrison looks. We will focus on his height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Rex is tall as 6' 1" (185 cm). Body build is slim. His eyes are tinted brown - dark. Rex´s hair is shade of brown - light.