Rachel Weisz's biography
Rachel Hannah Weisz is 52 years old television actor born at Westminster. Rachel was born on Saturday 7th of March 1970. Rachel is often nicknamed as Rachael Weisz, Rachel Hannah Weisz. According to year of birth 1970 Rachel belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 7th of March means she is Pisces. Pisces is a Watery Sign. They are very intuitive people. They are empathic, emotional and highly spiritual in nature.
Rachel is native english speaker. Rachel is white british. Rachel is citizen of United Kingdom. She is jewish. Rachel´s primary profession is to be television actor. You can know Rachel also as film actor, film director, model, audiobook narrator, stage actor. She is recently known as actor. Rachel received Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture The Constant Gardener in 2005
Rachel Weisz's family
Rachel Weisz's husband
He is known as television actor. Rachel´s husband was born on Saturday 2nd of March 1968 in Chester.
Rachel Weisz's ex husband
She has 1 daughter.
Rachel Weisz's daughter: Grace Craig
Rachel Weisz's daughter's name is Grace Craig. She is known as television actor. Rachel´s daughter was born on Saturday 1st of September 2018 in London.
Rachel Weisz's schools
We found 5 schools Rachel attended. Complete list of schools: University of Cambridge, Benenden School, Trinity Hall, North London Collegiate School, St Paul's Girls' School.
Detailed informations about Rachel´s schools
- Chris Weitz, who directed her in About a Boy (2002), was a classmate of Rachel when she attended Cambridge University.
Rachel Weisz's career
Her main focus is to be television actor. She is famous thanks to The Mummy and The Constant Gardener. You could see her also in The Constant Gardener, The Deep Blue Sea.
Is Rachel Weisz gay ?
She is known to be straight.
Rachel Weisz's boyfriend
Rachel Weisz and Darren Aronofsky have been together since 2001 for 9 years. He is known as film producer. Her boyfriend was born on Wednesday 12th of February 1969.
Awards and competitions
Rachel Weisz's Awards
- Studying English at Cambridge University, Weisz formed the Talking Tongues theater company and at 1991's Edinburgh Festival won a student drama award for a play she wrote and acted in.
- She was awarded the 1994 London Critics Circle Theatre Award (Drama Theatre) for Most Promising Newcomer for her performance in Design for Living.
- Was the 127th actress to receive an Academy Award; she won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for The Constant Gardener (2005) at The 78th Annual Academy Awards (2006) on March 5, 2006.
- Nominated for the 2019 Golden Globe Award in the Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in any Motion Picture category for her role as Lady Sarah in The Favourite (2018), but lost to Regina King for If Beale Street Could Talk (2018).
- Nominated for a 2019 Academy Award in the Best Actress in a Supporting Role category for her role as Lady Sarah in The Favourite (2018) but lost to Regina King for If Beale Street Could Talk (2018).
Rachel Weisz's Rankings
- Ranked #30 in Stuff magazine's 102 Sexiest Women in the World (2002).
- Ranked #85 on Askmen.com's 100 Most Desirable Women in the World (2008).
- Ranked #44 on Glamour Magazine's Most Glamourous Women in the World list. 
- Ranked #22 in the Maxim Hot 100 Women list in 2001 and #93 in 2003.
- Ranked #82 in the FHM (German edition) list of 100 Sexiest Women in the World in 2009.
Rachel Weisz's Nominations
- Rachel was nominated for Genie Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for work Sunshine in 2000
- She was nominated for Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress for work The Constant Gardener in 2005
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for work The Constant Gardener in 2005
- Rachel was nominated for BIFA Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a British Independent Film for work The Constant Gardener in 2005
- She was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture for work The Constant Gardener in 2005
- She was nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for work The Constant Gardener in 2006
- She was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role for work The Constant Gardener in 2006
- Rachel was nominated for Goya Award for Best Actress for work Agora in 2010
- Rachel was nominated for Satellite Award for Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film for work Page Eight in 2011
- Rachel was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama for work The Deep Blue Sea in 2012
- She was nominated for Jameson People's Choice Award for Best Actress for work Enemy at the Gates in 2001
- Rachel was nominated for European Film Award for Best Actress for work Youth in 2015
- She was nominated for European Film Award – People's Choice Award for Best European Film for work The Favourite in 2019
What else you don't know about Rachel Weisz ?
Rachel´s middle name is Hannah.
What Rachel Weisz has done for a first time
- Her part in Eragon (2006) made her one of the first actresses in history to have a leading role as a dragon.
- Her first starring role was in the tv production of #The Scarlet and the Black.
Rachel Weisz's quotes
- I found myself a sophisticated, educated American. He's not an actor. He's traveled the world. He knows where Europe is, unlike a lot of Americans. He's very cultured, but he's all man.
- You just have to play every scene honestly and forget about a reaction and what the audience is going to think. I think the more seriously you take something, the more funny it might be.
- People find out I'm an actress and I see that 'whore' look flicker across their eyes.
- I find Hollywood really toxic.
- I have absolutely no empathy for camels. I didn't care for being abused in the Middle East by those horrible, horrible, horrible creatures. They don't like people. It's not at all like the relationship between horses and humans.
- God no! I hate it, absolutely hate it. I can't stand it, it's such a drag. So I just tend to wear the same things all the time. I don't like change anyway. - on shopping.
- I'm not one for parties and stuff like that. I get a bit nervous around lots of people. Being invisible is what I really enjoy. That I find quite entertaining.
- I've never felt uncomfortable with my level of fame. I don't get hassled. Maybe sometimes in a minor way, but New Yorkers are much too cool for that. The thing is, you choose to be an actress, but not to be a celebrity.
- I don't do too well there. If you were brought up in London, where you can walk around everywhere and there are theaters, you can't really do LA. I couldn't make a life there. You're in a car all the time, and there are no seasons.
- There's a lot of contemporary actresses I admire, but there's practically no one who's made a color movie whose career I'd want ... I don't feel very modern at all.
- I'm very wary of talking about statements. I'm a storyteller, I'm an actor, an entertainer.
- The celebrity thing... I don't want to sound as if I absolutely don't want it because that's not true. If you're in the entertainment business, you have to be honest. There's something alluring about it...
- They're very harsh critics and they've often said to me: "That was shit, you were crap', but this is the first time [after he saw her as "Amy Foster" on Amy Foster (1997)] my father said to me: 'I think one day you'll be a good actress"-- on her parents.
- "Working with someone like Dustin Hoffman is a huge honor and, after you kind of get through that, you're frightened about working with a screen legend, and I was just in awe".
- Natalie Portman's character in Black Swan (2010) has technique, but what she doesn't have is abandon. If you have both, it equals something very special. The only way to feel free is to get lost.
- I think most people look back on their childhood and think: "Phew! I'm out of that!" But of course, I grew up in a very nice house in Hampstead Garden Suburb, so what do I know?
- I thought David Bowie was a poet in touch with God. For me, he really dramatized not belonging in a really powerful and poetic way and when you're 14 and you feel grotesque, it's like: "I've found a friend."
- If I was a record, I'd be Beethoven. It's very raw and passionate, it makes you want to get out there and do your thing.
- The thing about having your hair a different color is that it doesn't change your DNA. It's how people respond to you, I guess.
- There's not much room for eccentricity in Hollywood, and eccentricity is what's sexy in people.
- [ on the perceived lack of good movie roles for women] There should be more. Its strange, talking about women as if we're a tiny minority group that needs to be represented in cinema. It's like saying we need to find some good roles for sheepdogs.
- I don't know if male actors ask this question but I know women normally think, 'Is this sex scene really necessary?'
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Rachel Weisz's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Rachel Weisz looks. We will focus on Rachel´s height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. Rachel is tall as 5' 7¼" (171 cm). Rachel weights 125lbs (57 kg). Body build is slim. Rachel´s eyes are tinted hazel. Rachel´s hair is shade of brown - dark. If you are really curious, you may find interesting Rachel´s shoe size is 38.