Peter Greenaway's biography
Peter John Greenaway is 80 years old theatrical director born at Newport. Peter was born on Sunday 5th of April 1942. He is often nicknamed as Peter Greenaway, Peter John Greenaway. According to year of birth 1942 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 5th of April means Peter is Aries. Aries is the most active sign of Zodiac, one born with this sign is a very quick learner, aggressive and passionate.
He is white welsh. He is citizen of United Kingdom. Peter is an adherent of atheism. His primary profession is to be theatrical director. You can know him also as film director, writer, experimental artist, screenwriter, painter, film editor, actor, cinematographer. Peter is recently known as television director.
Peter Greenaway's family
Peter Greenaway's ex wife
Peter Greenaway and Saskia Boddeke have been together. She is known as director. His ex wife was born on Thursday 15th of March 1962 in Castricum.
Peter Greenaway's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Forest School, Walthamstow College of Art.
Peter Greenaway's career
His main focus is to be theatrical director.
Is Peter Greenaway gay ?
He is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Peter Greenaway's Awards
- He was awarded the C.B.E. (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2007 Queen's New Years Honors List for his services to film.
Peter Greenaway's Nominations
- Peter was nominated for Independent Spirit Award for Best Foreign Film for work The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover in 1991
What else you don't know about Peter Greenaway ?
His middle name is John. He likes to spend time in: Amsterdam, Netherlands, Paris, France.
What Peter Greenaway has done for a first time
- Is the father of four children, including daughters Hannah and Jessica from his first marriage, and ZoÃ« from his current marriage.
Peter Greenaway's quotes
- I don't think we've seen any cinema yet. I think we've seen 100 years of illustrated text.
- If you want to tell stories, be a writer, not a filmmaker.
- [on working with composer Michael Nyman] I'm pretty certain Michael and I will never ever work together again.
- Creation, to me, is to try to orchestrate the universe to understand what surrounds us. Even if, to accomplish that, we use all sorts of stratagems which in the end prove completely incapable of staving off chaos.
- As for critics, one mediocre writer is more valuable than ten good critics. They are like haughty, barren spinsters lodged in a maternity ward.
- Continuity is boring.
- There are basically only two subject matters in all Western culture: sex and death. We do have some ability to manipulate sex nowadays. We have no ability, and never will have, to manipulate death.
- To be an atheist you have to have ten thousand times more imagination than if you are a religious fundamentalist. You must take the responsibility to acquire information, digest and use it to understand what you can.
- Works of art are never finished, just stopped.
- Every medium has to be redeveloped, otherwise we would still be looking at cave paintings ... My desire to tell you stories is very strong but it's difficult because I am looking for cinema that is non-narrative.
- Thirty-five years of silent cinema is gone, no one looks at it anymore. This will happen to the rest of cinema. Cinema is dead
- Cinema's death date was 31 September 1983, when the remote-control zapper was introduced to the living room, because now cinema has to be interactive, multi-media art.
- I feel, very much, in the Cinema, there are far too many conductors and by no means enough composers.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Peter Greenaway's body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Peter Greenaway looks. We will focus on Peter´s body shape, eye color and hair color. Body build is average. Peter´s eyes are tinted blue. His hair is shade of grey.
Latest news about Peter Greenaway
For the latest news - you can follow Peter Greenaway on social networks.