Patrick Swayze's biography
Patrick Swayze is 57 years old television actor born at United States of America. He was born on Monday 18th of August 1952. He is often nicknamed as Buddy. According to year of birth 1952 he belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 18th of August means he is Leo. As sign in itself indicates “Lion” or “King”, hence people born under Leo sign are considered to be leaders in every aspects of life. They are royal in nature.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. He is an adherent of catholic church. His primary profession is to be television actor. You can know him also as film actor, singer-songwriter, actor, dancer, singer, choreographer, voice actor, film producer. He is recently known as aikidoka.
Patrick Swayze's dad
Patrick Swayze's father's name is Jesse Wayne Swayze.
Patrick Swayze's mom
Patrick Swayze's mother's name is Patsy Swayze. She is known as choreographer. His mother was born on Monday 7th of February 1927 in Houston. Patrick Swayze was born when she was 25 years old. His mother died on Monday 16th of September 2013 in Simi Valley. Patsy Swayze was 61 years old, when this happened.
Patrick Swayze's family
Patrick Swayze's ex spouse
Patrick Swayze and Lisa Niemi have been together since 1975 for 34 years. She is known as film director. His ex spouse was born on Saturday 26th of May 1956 in Houston.
Patrick Swayze's schools
We found 3 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Coastal Carolina University, San Jacinto College, Waltrip High School.
Patrick Swayze's career
His main focus is to be television actor.
How did Patrick Swayze die
He died on on Monday 14th of September 2009 when he was 57 years old. Patrick Swayzes death was caused by pancreatic cancer. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Patrick Swayze's Awards
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7021 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on August 18, 1997.
Patrick Swayze's Nominations
- He was nominated for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actor for work Road House in 1990
Patrick Swayze's quotes
- Good-looking people turn me off. Myself included.
- [on having achieved some success with various anti-cancer treatments] I'm a miracle, dude.
- I'm still fine to work, I haven't changed - oh, I have changed, what am I saying? It's a battle-zone I go through. Chemo, no matter how you cut it, is hell on wheels.
- [on accepting a continuing role in the series The Beast (2009)] How do you nurture a positive attitude when all the statistics say you're a dead man? You go to work.
- Five years is pretty wishful thinking ... two years seems likely if you're going to believe statistics. I want to last until they find a cure, which means I'd better get a fire under it. (January 2009)
- [on having terminal cancer] I've had more lifetimes than any 10 people put together, and it's been an amazing ride...So this (dying) is O.K.
- Ooh, I don't know ... I will go so far as to say probably smoking had something to do with my pancreatic cancer.
- I got completely fed up with that Hollywood blockbuster mentality. I couldn't take it seriously any longer.
- I had a lot of anger because I wasn't happy with the way I had been raised. Our mother made us feel that we were never good enough. If I did anything, I had to be the best because that's what my mother expected of me. It was hard to deal with.
- My treatments are working and I am winning the battle. I am juicing every day along with other treatments and all I can say is that it's working fine and really well. I'm a miracle, dude, I don't know why. (July 2008)
- Pancreatic cancer is an aggressive disease and from the moment I was diagnosed, I knew I was in for the fight of my life.
- Am I dying? Am I giving up? Am I on my death bed? Am I saying goodbye to people? No way. I keep dreaming of a future, a future with a long and healthy life, not lived in the shadow of cancer but in the light.
Patrick Swayze's body shape
Lets describe how Patrick Swayze looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.