Oprah Winfrey's biography
Orpah Gail Winfrey is 68 years old television presenter born at Kosciusko, Mississippi, USA. Oprah was born on Friday 29th of January 1954. Oprah is often nicknamed as O, Deepak Oprah, Lady O, Oprah Gail Winfrey, Oprah Winfrey, Oprah, Orpah Gail Winfrey. According to year of birth 1954 Oprah belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 29th of January means Oprah is Aquarius. Aquarius is an Airy sign. They are smart thinkers, social, communicative, independent and intelligent people.
Oprah is native english speaker. She is black american. She is citizen of United States of America. She is protestant. Her primary profession is to be television presenter. You can know her also as patron of the arts, television producer, film producer, businessperson, reporter, actor, voice actor, writer, talk show host, autobiographer, journalist, presenter, motivational speaker. She is recently known as podcaster.
Oprah Winfrey's mom
Oprah Winfrey's mother's name is Vernita Lee Winfrey.
Oprah Winfrey's schools
We found 5 schools Oprah attended. Complete list of schools: Tennessee State University, Lincoln High School, Nicolet High School, East Nashville Magnet High School, University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
Detailed informations about her schools
Oprah studied high school - East Nashville High School, Nashville, TN (1971), Nicolet High School in Glendale, Wisconsin.
Oprah studied university - Tennessee State University (1971-76), BA Speech and Drama, Tennessee State University (1987).
Oprah Winfrey's career
Oprah´s main focus is to be television presenter. She is also a member of American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
Is Oprah Winfrey gay ?
She is known to be straight.
Oprah Winfrey's boyfriends
Oprah Winfrey and Roger Ebert have been together since 1977 for 8 years. He is known as screenwriter. Oprah´s boyfriend was born on Thursday 18th of June 1942 in Urbana. Her boyfriend died on Thursday 4th of April 2013 in Chicago. Roger Ebert was 59 years old, when this happened.
Oprah Winfrey and John Tesh have been together since 1976 for a year. He is known as composer. Oprah´s boyfriend was born on Wednesday 9th of July 1952 in Garden City.
Oprah Winfrey and Stedman Graham have been together. He is known as writer. Oprah´s boyfriend was born on Tuesday 6th of March 1951 in Whitesboro.
Awards and competitions
Oprah Winfrey's Awards
- Permanently withdrew herself and her show from consideration for a Daytime Emmy Award after being awarded the Lifetime Achievement (1998). She was quoted as saying, "After you've achieved it for a lifetime, what else is there?".
- In October 1999 she was given an honorary National Book Award for her "influential contribution to reading and books".
- In November 1999 she was awarded the 50th-anniversary medal by the National Book Foundation in New York City.
- Received the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, a special Academy Award for her charity work, on 11/12/11 in Los Angeles, CA.
- In 2013 she was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama.
- On 12/7/18 she received the Cecil B. DeMille Award at the Golden Globe Award; it was presented to her by Reese Witherspoon.
Oprah Winfrey's Rankings
- Ranked #1 Pop Culture Icon on VH1's The Greatest: 200 Greatest Pop Culture Icons (2003), beating out Superman and Elvis Presley.
- In 2006 was ranked #3 on the annual Forbes magazine Celebrity 100 list.
- Ranked #3 in 2006 on the annual Forbes Celebrity 100 list. Ranked #1 in the 2008 Forbes Celebrity 100 list.
Oprah Winfrey's Nominations
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for work The Color Purple in 1985
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Picture for work Selma in 2015
- She was nominated for NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture for work Beloved in 1999
What else you don't know about Oprah Winfrey ?
Her middle name is Gail.
What Oprah Winfrey has done for a first time
- Is the first woman in history to own and produce her own talk show.
- According to Forbes.com, her 2019 net worth is $2.6 billion. In 2003 she became the first African-American woman to make the list of billionaires.
- First African American woman billionaire in history and first African American female entrepreneur to appear on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- When er talk show went independent for the first time, her staff consisted of four people, including herself. By 2011 her empire had expanded to 464 employees.
- She has become the first African-American woman to own a cable network. It is called OWN, which stands for Oprah Winfrey Network.
- Due to her immense popularity on television, audiences tended to think she was the first African-American woman to host her own TV talk show, when that distinction actually belonged to Della Reese with her short-lived Della (1969).
Oprah Winfrey's quotes
- Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity.
- My idea of heaven is a great big baked potato and someone to share it with.
- Lots of people want to ride with you in the Limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the Limo breaks down.
- All my life I have always known I was born to greatness.
- The essential question is not, "How busy are you?' but 'What are you busy at?' 'Are you doing what fulfills you?'
- What matters is how you feel inside, because feeling beautiful on the inside is key to looking good.
- The expectation of my life was that I might be able to work for some good white folks. Now I got some good white folks working for me.
- Some women have a weakness for shoes... I can go barefoot if necessary. I have a weakness for books.
- My philosophy is that doing your best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.
- [on personal power] I have a lot of things to prove to myself. One is that I can live my life fearlessly.
- [on strategy] Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.
- Having the best things is no substitute for having the best life.
- Reaching your true potential is more than an ideal. It's the ultimate goal.
- When the odds are against you and you have the depth of clarity to listen to your own instincts and follow what is true for you, you may not become a Jay-Z, but you will become the best thing that you can be.
- I'm a firm believer that anyone can have a breakthrough right in her own backyard.
- No matter where you are on your journey, that's exactly where you need to be. The next road is always up.
- Be thankful for what you have; you will end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.
- The best advice touches the part of you that knows it's true.
- I feel I have made a living being myself. I've made a career out of my own authenticity. I don't have one face I present to the white world or to the black world. I talk to my dogs the same way I'm speaking right now.
- Whatever your dreams, ideas or rejects, we plant a seed, nurture it - and then reap the fruits of our labors. When in doubt, be bold!
- The future is full of possibility, whether you make one tiny change - or a whole invigorating, thrilling, inspiring bunch of them.
- What kind of woman do I want to be? One who willingly gives and receives love. One who is compassionate. Understanding. Positive. Forgiving. A woman who makes responsible choices. I want to live with a heart open to life.
- Do the thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.
- Every day brings tremendous possibility - a chance to live more fully, love more deeply and learn something new.
- [on Shelley Hack, in regards to her Revlon perfume commercials]: I wanted to stride like her with confidence. I wanted to be this fabulous.
- I think if I had been born with a silver spoon, I would still be sitting there sucking on it.
- Small steps lead to big accomplishments.
- If you concentrate on what you don't have, you'll never have enough.
- [on the 2022 November midterm primary elections] If I lived in Pennsylvania, I would've already cast my vote for John Fetterman, for many reasons
- I grew up in the Baptist Church, and going to church with my father; I remember being 8 years old, trying to determine whether I was really ready to give up sin, and for days I agonized.
Oprah Winfrey's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Oprah Winfrey looks. We will focus on her height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. Oprah is tall as 5' 6½" (169 cm). Oprah weights 195lbs (88 kg). Body build is large. Oprah´s eyes are tinted black. Oprah´s hair is shade of black. If you are really curious, you may find interesting Oprah´s shoe size is 10.5.
Latest news about Oprah Winfrey
For the latest news - you can follow Oprah Winfrey on social networks.
- Oprah reached total 43 105 909 followers - Oprah Winfrey on Twitter