Michael Landon's biography
Michael Landon is 55 years old television actor born at Forest Hills. He was born on Saturday 31st of October 1936. He is often nicknamed as MikeEmoThe Jesus of Malibu. According to year of birth 1936 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 31st of October means he is Scorpio. Scorpio is a watery sign. These people are very intense in their thoughts. They always learn from the transformatory phase of their life.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be television actor. You can know him also as television director, actor, film director, screenwriter, singer, athletics competitor, film actor, film producer. He is recently known as television producer.
Michael Landon's family
He has 2 sons and 2 daughters
Michael Landon's son: Michael Landon Jr.
Michael Landon's son's name is Michael Landon Jr.. He is known as actor. His son was born on Saturday 20th of June 1964 in Encino.
Michael Landon's son: Christopher Landon
Michael Landon's son's name is Christopher Landon. He is known as screenwriter. His son was born on Thursday 27th of February 1975.
Michael Landon's daughter: Leslie Landon
Michael Landon's daughter's name is Leslie Landon. She is known as psychologist. His daughter was born on Thursday 11th of October 1962 in Los Angeles.
Michael Landon's daughter: Jen Landon
Michael Landon's daughter's name is Jen Landon. She is known as actor. His daughter was born on Monday 29th of August 1983 in Malibu.
Michael Landon's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: University of Southern California, Collingswood High School.
Detailed informations about his schools
- Attended and graduated third from the bottom of his class at Collingswood High School in Collingswood, New Jersey (1954). Had an I.Q. of 159.
- His daughter Leslie Landon attended the same middle school as his future Little House on the Prairie (1974), co-star, Melissa Gilbert. Leslie heard Gilbert in the school cafeteria say that she was going to play Laura Ingalls.
Michael Landon's career
His main focus is to be television actor.
How did Michael Landon die
He died on on Monday 1st of July 1991 when he was 55 years old at Malibu. Michael Landons death was caused by pancreatic and liver cancer. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Michael Landon's Awards
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television at 1500 North Vine Street in Hollywood, California on August 15, 1984.
- Despite being one of the biggest names in television history, he never came close to being nominated for an Emmy Award, in any category.
Michael Landon's Rankings
- Charles Ingalls, Landon's character on Little House on the Prairie (1974), was ranked #4 in TV Guide's list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time" [June 20, 2004 issue].
What Michael Landon has done for a first time
- Attended Ronald Reagan's second inauguration as Governor of California on January 3, 1971, and his first inauguration as President of the United States on January 20, 1981.
- Michael and his first wife Dodie were adopting a son named Jason in 1961. Shortly before or after their divorce in 1962, Dodie gave the child up for adoption to another couple.
- Was the very first guest on the revised version of Match Game (1973).
Michael Landon's quotes
- Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows.
- I was grown before I realized that other mothers didn't put their heads in the oven.
- I want people to laugh and cry, not just sit and stare at the television. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I think viewers are hungry for shows in which people say something meaningful.
- [on being so popular on television] Boy, you gotta be real sick to get this much attention.
- [during his last days] I don't mind dying if I have to, but I'm damned if I want to pay for the guarantee. I'm sorry.
- [on his physical technique] I didn't have the right look. Back then actors were big, muscular, terrific! And I was still 125 pounds and the 5'11" I'd always be.
- [In 1974] Yes I am perfect. It's a problem I've had all my life.
- [In 1991] If I'm gonna die, death's gonna have to do a lot of fighting to get me.
- I never felt I was going to make it as an actor because to me actors were tall and handsome and had great voices.
- We each have our own miracles. I'm still hoping to beat it.
- I feel sorry for people who have problems which are beyond their control, but most of life's problems are our own fault--and sympathy under those conditions doesn't do a bit of good.
- I came home and found my 12-year-old daughter devouring the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. Then I discovered that my wife had devoured them too when she was a girl, and was reading them again. So I went to NBC and told them "Little House" was it.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Michael Landon's body shape
Lets describe how Michael Landon looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.