Elizabeth Mcgovern's biography
Elizabeth Mcgovern is 61 years old actor born at Evanston. She was born on Tuesday 18th of July 1961. According to year of birth 1961 she belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 18th of July means she is Cancer. Cancer is a watery sign. They are very friendly and show motherly love to everyone. According to ascendant calculator, an important trait of these natives is their sensitive nature.
She is native english speaker. She is citizen of United States of America. Her primary profession is to be actor. You can know her also as singer-songwriter, composer, television actor, stage actor. She is recently known as film actor.
Elizabeth Mcgovern's dad
Elizabeth Mcgovern's father's name is William McGovern.
Elizabeth Mcgovern's mom
Elizabeth Mcgovern's mother's name is Katharine Wolcott Watts.
Elizabeth Mcgovern's family
Elizabeth Mcgovern's spouse
Elizabeth Mcgovern's ex spouse
Elizabeth Mcgovern's schools
We found 2 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: Juilliard School, Oakwood School, Los Angeles.
Elizabeth Mcgovern's career
Her main focus is to be actor and composing.
Awards and competitions
Elizabeth Mcgovern's Nominations
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for work Ragtime in 1981
Elizabeth Mcgovern's quotes
- [on work other than acting] I probably would have become a veterinarian, or I might have lived on a ranch somewhere and raised horses, or I might have become more serious about painting, or I might have worked in a Burger King.
- Honestly, I am always shocked when I see myself in the mirror because I feel exactly the same as I did when I was 18 getting off the plane to go to Juilliard in New York.
- There is nothing in my life where I view myself as a 1920s person.
- I turned down the opportunity to be in some films that went on to be blockbusters.
- My job now is to work hard and learn all I can.
- I just find it fascinating, like everybody, to be in a different life. It's an escape.
- Hollywood never suited me, I didn't ever feel comfortable with it, it took me a couple of years but I found where I was always meant to be... Chiswick!
- I still feel I'm doing the same work I've always done.
- Most people grow up dreaming of going to Hollywood and some of them work and work and work and finally end up in Hollywood.
- Whenever I work on anything, there's always the fantasy that what one is doing is the next 'Citizen Kane'-slash-'Sopranos.'
- If I feel I can play a part I do everything in my power to try to play it.
- We lack rituals in this modern world.
- I'm someone who's done the opposite of whatever the received wisdom is, to keep your career going into your 50s.
- In London, I take the Tube everywhere.
- To me, the lyrics of the song define the kind of style it is.
- I love having the opportunity to explore a part for a great length of time, really get deeper and deeper into it, because you only have a chance to do that once or twice in a career.
- I've been in things that have impressed people and they've come up to congratulate you but in a kind of, you-must-think-you're-really-special way.
- As far as I can see women who have facelifts don't look younger, just weirder. You see them on screen with these tight, little porcelain faces - then the hand goes up to the face and it looks like it belongs to an alien. I find it really freaky.
- I miss sometimes the buzz of America. A sense that anything can change at the drop of a hat. In a way, it's an exhausting thing to live with.
- I wasn't ecstatic about being pregnant - I wasn't somebody who actively wanted kids. Certainly there were no fantasies about nappy-changing.
- North Hollywood isn't actually Hollywood, it's in the San Fernando Valley... it's not the most glamorous part of L.A.
- My father was an academic, an eccentric. He was a lecturer.
- So the English approach to show business and their work is more - and this is a big generalization, I hasten to say - but it's more, they work on it as a craft job.
- I've found acting on stage much more challenging than on screen.
- My family were all into classical music, and I found that very intimidating.
- England as a culture has endured so much more than America has as a culture, so it's given them a different perspective.
- By definition, an actor's life is a recipe for regret. There are always roads you could have taken. But I've lived long enough to realize that each road has its own rewards.
- I have a terrible sense of direction.
- Well, when I moved to England I was making a lot of personal adjustments because I was getting married and starting a family, that sort of thing.
- I've got my private life - that's sacred - and I didn't have that before.
- Well, I have a band, "Sadie and the Hotheads", and we have an album that is already out that is available on our website.
- Now we have to contend with overstimulation and too many opportunities all the time, and too many decisions all the time.
- I like writing letters and receiving letters. It's a shame that we've lost the art of letter-writing and saving correspondence. I mourn that.
- That feeling of being 19 or 20 and 'hot' in Hollywood was so intense.
- I can't just sit around thinking how lucky I am.
- It's peaceful for people to know how their lives are going to be, pretty much.
- I don't believe in villains - just people who channel their energy in the wrong way.
- It's very tough when two creative people are together.
- In today's world, we all live with the burden of feeling that anything is possible if we're only clever enough, smart enough, work hard enough.
- I had reconciled myself to being happily out to pasture, a bit.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Elizabeth Mcgovern's body shape
Lets describe how Elizabeth Mcgovern looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Elizabeth Mcgovern
For the latest news - you can follow Elizabeth Mcgovern on social networks.
- She reached total 66 732 followers - Elizabeth McGovern on Twitter