Colin Farrell's biography
Colin James Farrell is 46 years old actor born at Dublin. Colin was born on Monday 31st of May 1976. Colin is often nicknamed as Col, CJ, Colin James Farrell, Colin Farrell. According to year of birth 1976 he belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 31st of May means Colin is Gemini. Gemini is a dual sign of Zodiac Belt. One born with this rising sign is very dual and creative in nature with lots of verbosity. They are the most expressive people as they love talking.
Colin is white irish. He is citizen of Republic of Ireland. He is secular humanist. His primary profession is to be actor. You can know him also as character actor, film actor, stage actor. He is recently known as television actor. Colin received Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy In Bruges in 2009
Colin Farrell's schools
We found 3 schools Colin attended. Complete list of schools: The Gaiety School of Acting, National Performing Arts School, St. Brigid's National School Castleknock.
Detailed informations about his schools
He studied high school - St. Brigid’s National School, Castleknock, Dublin, Ireland, Castleknock College, Castleknock, Fingal, Ireland, Gormanstone College, Gormanston, Meath, Ireland, Gaiety School of Acting, Dublin, Ireland.
Colin Farrell's career
Colin´s main focus is to be actor. Colin is famous thanks to The War Zone. You could see Colin also in In Bruges.
Is Colin Farrell gay ?
He is known to be straight.
Colin Farrell's girlfriends
Colin Farrell and Amelia Warner have been together. She is known as film score composer. His girlfriend was born on Friday 4th of June 1982 in Nador.
Colin Farrell and Britney Spears have been together since 2003 for 5 years. She is known as singer. Colin´s girlfriend was born on Wednesday 2nd of December 1981 in McComb.
Colin Farrell and Alicja Bachleda have been together since 2009 for a year. Alicja is known as actor. Colin´s girlfriend was born on Thursday 12th of May 1983 in Tampico.
Awards and competitions
Colin Farrell's Awards
- He received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for work In Bruges in 2009
Colin Farrell's Nominations
- Colin was nominated for Jameson People's Choice Award for Best Actor for work Intermission in 2004
- He was nominated for European Film Award for Best Actor for work The Lobster in 2015
- He was nominated for European Film Award for Best Actor for work The Killing of a Sacred Deer in 2017
What else you don't know about Colin Farrell ?
His middle name is James. He likes to spend time in: Dublin, London, New York, Los Angeles, Malibu, Miami, San Francisco, Las Vegas.
What Colin Farrell has done for a first time
- He has two tattoos on his left forearm. The first one is the words "Carpe Diem" (Latin for "Seize the day"). Beside this tattoo there is a second tattoo, which is a black cross.
- Daredevil (2003) marks the first time he has been able to use his own Irish accent in an American movie.
Colin Farrell's quotes
- Being Irish is very much a part of who I am. I take it everywhere with me.
- [on people who drink tequila] I tell them, "When you're at home puking your guts out, I'll be here drinking my Amstel Light.".
- [on appearing nude in Tigerland (2000)] I couldn't care less about who sees my bits... My friends asked how I could do scenes like that and not get excited, but it wasn't like that. My bits looked the size of a cashew nut!
- [on physical training for film roles] I find it the most tedious waste of life. It's so boring. I'd prefer to be sitting in a pub with a few strangers talkin' shit than looking at meself in the mirror runnin' on the treadmill.
- I'm in no hurry to get anywhere. I don't have any plans. I don't have a map. If you did in this business, you would destroy yourself. Hardship tends to unify.
- I'm just a true Irish boy at heart. I'm just myself, I stick by my guns and I treat people the way I think they should be treated, regardless of their status. And I just have a laugh.
- Anything I am and anything I hope to be, I have my mom to thank.
- Fame was something that seemed incredibly exotic. It represented the ultimate kind of status. But it eventually became one of those 'be careful what you wish for' things.
- My Dublin wasn't the Dublin of sing-songs, traditional music, sense of history and place and community. It was kind of more nouveau-riche, competition with the neighbours, a bit more privileged than the Dublin of lore.
- [on scathing reviews for his performance in Alexander (2004)] That was fairly defining. I seriously thought of walking away from it all.
- When I went to the Oscars for the first time I was gobsmacked and I mean I've been three times. It's huge, it's ridiculous and it's pompous and equally it's exciting and awe-inspiring. It means nothing and it means loads.
- [on Ireland] The depth of our cultural complexities, our music, literature, community and the pain that we share means that I could be away from there for 50 years and I wouldn't feel any less Irish.
- Desperation will allow you to do incredible things in the name of survival.
- We all try and strike a balance in life, but there is an ugly balance that says the better some people do the worse others do. That's a cruel balance. It's an imbalance.
- I decided, after consulting with James' mother, that I wanted to talk publicly about the pride and joy I had in our son.
- [on his son James]When James took his first steps a couple weeks short of his fourth birthday, it was pretty amazing and humbling to see
Colin Farrell's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Colin Farrell looks. We will focus on his height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. Colin is tall as 5' 10" (178 cm). Colin weights 173lbs (78 kg). Body build is athletic. His eyes are tinted brown - dark. His hair is shade of brown - dark. If you are really curious, you may find interesting his shoe size is 11.
Latest news about Colin Farrell
For the latest news - you can follow Colin Farrell on social networks.
- Colin reached total 11 363 followers - Colin Farrell on Twitter