Cillian Murphy's biography
Cillian Murphy is 46 years old actor born at County Cork. He was born on Tuesday 25th of May 1976. Cillian is often nicknamed as Cilly. According to year of birth 1976 Cillian belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 25th of May means he is Gemini. Gemini is a dual sign of Zodiac Belt. One born with this rising sign is very dual and creative in nature with lots of verbosity. They are the most expressive people as they love talking.
Cillian is native english speaker. Cillian is white irish. He is citizen of Republic of Ireland. Cillian is atheist. Cillian´s primary profession is to be actor. You can know Cillian also as screenwriter, composer, voice actor, musician, stage actor, film actor, television actor, disc jockey. Cillian is recently known as television producer.
Cillian Murphy's family
Cillian Murphy's wife
She is known as curator. His wife was born on Thursday 12th of October 1972 in Kilkenny.
Cillian Murphy's ex wife
Cillian Murphy's schools
We found 2 schools Cillian attended. Complete list of schools: Presentation Brothers College, University College Cork.
Detailed informations about Cillian´s schools
- Attended and graduated from Presentation Brothers College, Cork.
Cillian Murphy's career
Cillian´s main focus is to be actor. He is famous thanks to Disco Pigs.
Is Cillian Murphy gay ?
Cillian is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Cillian Murphy's Awards
- As of 2006, he is the most nominated Irish actor at the Irish Film and Television Awards with six nominations.
- In 2012, he won the Drama Desk Award for Best Solo performance in "Misterman".
Cillian Murphy's Nominations
- Cillian was nominated for Online Film Critics Society Award for Best Breakthrough Performance for work 28 Days Later in 2004
- Cillian was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for work Breakfast on Pluto in 2005
- Cillian was nominated for Satellite Award for Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy for work Breakfast on Pluto in 2005
- He was nominated for BIFA Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a British Independent Film for work The Wind That Shakes the Barley in 2006
- He was nominated for MTV Movie Award for Best Villain for work Batman Begins in 2006
- Cillian was nominated for BIFA Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a British Independent Film for work Sunshine in 2007
- Cillian was nominated for BIFA Award for Best Supporting Actor for work Broken in 2012
- He was nominated for European Film Award for Best Actor for work Breakfast on Pluto in 2006
What Cillian Murphy has done for a first time
- His first name is pronounced "Kill-ian".
- Is the first actor to play a DC Comics villain (The Scarecrow) in three consecutive films. Gene Hackman played Superman's nemesis Lex Luthor in three films but did not appear consecutively.
Cillian Murphy's quotes
- I'd probably have been wealthier if I had stayed with law, but pretty miserable doing it.
- It's basically lazy journalism if they say I'm the new Colin Farrell. This thing about heat, it's all just hot air.
- [on breaking the Irish typecast] You're an actor who's Irish, not an Irish actor. And you shouldn't be limited by your extraction.
- Well, we are doppelgangers. - On that Howard Stern nearly played the Scarecrow, Cillian's role in Batman Begins (2005), in an early attempted adaptation.
- It's easy to take the check, you know, but if you want to have any longevity, just take things that have artistic merit in them. I want to do quality. If it's good telly, I'll do it. If it's good theater, I'll do it.
- I've a very, very close-knit group of friends from Ireland. They and my family are the most important things to me.
- [on his role as a terrorist in Red Eye (2005)] I don't know if anyone will ever sit beside me on a plane again.
- Journalists have a myopic view of your versatility. They're like "You only play the creep".
- If you behave like a celebrity, then people will treat you like a celebrity, and if you don't, they won't. There's not much to write about me in the tabloids.
- Today, I pick and choose my films very carefully. There's nothing I've done so far that I can't talk about with commitment and passion.
- Too many filmmakers today are trying to put their work into a box. I can't stand that! Making movies is a lot of work. Let's take some risks.
- I'm not worried about being pegged, but it's important for me to knock down any perceptions of me that are out there.
- I think there's such a thing as a performance gene. If it's in your DNA it needs to come out. For me, it originally came out through music, then segued into acting and came out through there. I always needed to get up and perform.
- I've always felt that the less the public knows about you, the more effective you can be when you go to portray someone else.
-  Don't fucking call this article Murphy's Law!
-  I don't consider myself copy. Most magazines just want to know who you're fucking or who you're slagging off. My objective is simply to make good art.
-  I spend a lot of time at home, actually. I don't really do the party or the premiere thing-unless it's my own, and then it would be rude not to go. It's not a very hectic life at all, really.
-  Having just turned 40 I hope I've achieved some sort of wisdom or patience.
- I suppose professionally, as an actor, empathy is the most powerful tool you have, really, in trying to understand a character and trying to understand other people's motivations and so on.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Cillian Murphy's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Cillian Murphy looks. We will focus on Cillian´s height, body shape, eye color and hair color. He is tall as 5' 9" (175 cm). Body build is slim. His eyes are tinted blue. His hair is shade of brown - dark.