Chris Rock's biography
Chris Rock is 57 years old screenwriter born at Andrews. He was born on Sunday 7th of February 1965. He is often nicknamed as Chrissy. According to year of birth 1965 he belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 7th of February means he is Aquarius. Aquarius is an Airy sign. They are smart thinkers, social, communicative, independent and intelligent people.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be screenwriter. You can know him also as film director, comedian, film actor, television actor, voice actor, film producer, television presenter, television producer. He is recently known as stand-up comedian.
Chris Rock's family
Chris Rock's ex spouse
Chris Rock and Malaak Compton have been together since 1996 for 20 years. She is known as actor. His ex spouse was born on Friday 13th of June 1969 in Oakland.
Chris Rock's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Gran Teatre del Liceu, James Madison High School.
Detailed informations about his schools
- Attended the opening of Oprah Winfrey's school in South Africa.
Chris Rock's career
His main focus is to be screenwriter.
Awards and competitions
Chris Rock's Awards
- Hosted The 77th Annual Academy Awards (2005) on February 27, 2005, and, despite concerns over the content of his monologue, he mostly kept this clean.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7021 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on March 12, 2003.
What Chris Rock has done for a first time
- Began his first-ever tour of Britain in January 2008.
Chris Rock's quotes
- I love music. Music is the soundtrack to the crappy movie that is my life.
- It's my real name. My mother's name is Rose Rock. It was the worst name as a kid to have. They called me Piece of the Rock, Plymouth Rock, Joe Rockid, and Flintstones. Now they call me Mister Rock.
- A man is basically as faithful as his options.
- I'm never proper or careful, but I never curse in front of my mother, either.
- How do I say this without sounding like an egomaniac? I don't know a comedian that sells more seats than me in the red states and blue states, so I don't see where I have to change that much.
- I like the tradition of the Oscars. I like that some of the greatest comedians ever have hosted the show.
- Hollywood's just not funny. You walk around and think 'Where's the funny at?' It's not there - all there is is a bunch of directors and actors walking around. I like going into a diner and meeting real people. Funny is where the real people are.
- I always say about my daughters, they save me from my miserable self. They take me out, you know, a comedian, you could live in your head a lot. And you're writing and you're doubting. But when I'm with my kids and my family, it's all about them.
- Now that I have children, I realize taking care of my children is more fun than anything in the whole world.
- You know, just right place right time, lucked up. Thank God for animation. I can turn down a lot of movies now.
- I'm a nerd. I'm a little guy... the last guy you'd expect in a romantic movie.
- Guys play characters that won't grow up and something catastrophic happens and they have to grow up to save the day -- that's pretty much what today's comedy is about,
- The best part is just having a partner. There is no real worst part. I'm not going to say there's a worst part. I mean I'm a comedian - comedians like to work alone. So maybe I'm not the ideal guy to be married to, in that sense.
- I've been married for 10 years and, you know, it's hard, you spruce it up and you go places. How do you spruce up anything? Artificially. You go places and do things.
- I love having somebody there - that companion thing. You know who you're going to eat with, who you're going to see a movie with.
- I'm happy if everybody else is. I'm a big brother, the oldest. If you're happy and I'm not, I'm cool with that. If I'm happy and you're not, I'm sad.
- I always say there's no more little girls, just boys with (breasts). Girls act like boys nowadays. Teenage girls, they go after boys. They're predatory just like boys. My goal is to keep my girls, girls.
- I'm like the Hulk on stage. It's way over the top. That's Bizarro Chris. Sometimes I get off stage and go "What did I say?!" I'll watch one of my [stand-up] specials a year later and go "Eww, that was mean".
- I love my life, but I don't think I'm any happier than my younger brother Andre, who drives a garbage truck.
- It's weird with stand-up comedy. It doesn't really translate worldwide. I want to figure out how do I make it worldwide. Do a special in Africa. Can't beat that. Pull that off, then I will have done something.
- I'm a rap comedian the same way Bill Cosby is a jazz comedian, Cosby's laid back. I'm like, bang, bang bang, right into it.
- I just remember that whenever I got really mad or passionate, like in an argument, people would laugh, and I'd be dead serious. It would happen a lot. So it was like "Gee, I've got something here.".
- I like talking about subjects that aren't funny in the first place and making them funny. So anything down and depressing is something I'll talk about.
- Women would rule the world - if only they'd stop bitchin' about each other.
- I don't think my comedy is that political. It's more social. But whatever. When you make comedy and you do stand-up, you work alone. Movies have to go under so much scrutiny. A stand-up special is a vision, and a movie is a consensus in a lot of ways.
- It's no different. It's not like I ever cursed around my mother or anything. I never had a hard time turning it on and off. It's like you enter another country - sometimes you're in a cursing country and then you're in a kid's country.
- I think if I were to get as big as I could get, it does change your mind-state. I think like the little man. I think like the underdog. I don't want to change that.
- There's no interference in stand-up. It's all the things it's hard to get in film: I get to have a wife, I get to have kids. I get to be sexual. I get to grow. I get to be a man.
- I shouldn't be able at this late date to go into a club and be better than guys who are there every night. Nobody really wants to be a stand-up, they want to get on TV. Everybody wants to be Seinfeld (1989), nobody wants to be Jerry Seinfeld.
- You want to track Hollywood careers, look in the real estate section. You see a guy buy a house that costs $6 million, and you can literally start counting the days until he starts doing crappy movies.
- [on _Head of State (2003)_ ()] I was directing it for the wrong reasons, maybe out of fear.
- It's the worst script I've ever gotten. The rap group was called Nubian Nation Pussy Patrol! I'd have been happier getting an envelope full of anthrax. - on receiving the script for Marci X (2003).
- I pride myself on being the guy who can do Def Comedy Jam (1992) and Charlie Rose (1991). And do well on both.
- [on being compared to Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy] I'm much closer to Mort Sahl and George Carlin and Sam Kinison... It is what it is.
- [hosting the 2005 Academy Awards] Black movies don't have real names. They get names Iike 'Barbershop'. That's not a name. That's just a location. Barbershop. Cookout. Car Wash. You know, Laundromat's coming soon. And after that, Check-Cashing Place.
- I probably, I might be the only black comedian in the country who hasn't gay-bashed. Ever. Like ever, ever!
- Jada boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna's panties. I wasn't invited. [on Jada Pinkett Smith's refusal to attend the 88th Academy Awards / Dolby Theatre, February 28, 2016]
- [on his notorious exchange with Will Smith] Anyone who says 'words hurt' has never been punched in the face.
Chris Rock's body shape
Lets describe how Chris Rock looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Chris Rock
For the latest news - you can follow Chris Rock on social networks.