Charlotte Rampling's biography
Charlotte Tessa Rampling is 76 years old model born at Sturmer. She was born on Tuesday 5th of February 1946. Charlotte is often nicknamed as The Legend, Charlotte Tessa Rampling, Tessa Charlotte Rampling, Charlotte Rampling. According to year of birth 1946 she belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 5th of February means she is Aquarius. Aquarius is an Airy sign. They are smart thinkers, social, communicative, independent and intelligent people.She was married 2 times.
Charlotte is white british. Charlotte is citizen of United Kingdom. She is roman catholic. Her primary profession is to be model. You can know her also as stage actor, singer, film actor. Charlotte is recently known as television actor.
Charlotte Rampling's dad
Charlotte Rampling's father's name is Godfrey Rampling.
Charlotte Rampling's family
Charlotte Rampling's ex husbands
Charlotte Rampling and Jean-Michel Jarre have been together since 1978 for 20 years. He is known as composer. Her ex husband was born on Tuesday 24th of August 1948 in Lyon.
Charlotte Rampling and Bryan Southcombe have been together since 1972 for 4 years.
Charlotte has 1 son.
Charlotte Rampling's son: Barnaby Southcombe
Charlotte Rampling's son's name is Barnaby Southcombe. He is known as director. Her son was born on Friday 1st of September 1972.
Charlotte Rampling's schools
We found 1 school She attended. Name of the school: St. Hilda's School, Bushey.
Detailed informations about Charlotte´s schools
Charlotte studied high school - Académie Jeanne d'Arc in Versailles, St. Hilda's School, Hertfordshire, England.
Charlotte Rampling's career
Charlotte´s main focus is to be model. Charlotte is famous thanks to Georgy Girl, The Verdict.
Is Charlotte Rampling gay ?
She is known to be straight.
Charlotte Rampling's boyfriend
Charlotte Rampling and Jean-Noël Tassez have been together.
Awards and competitions
Charlotte Rampling's Awards
- She received award for European Film Award for Best Actress for work Swimming Pool in 2003
- She received award for European Film Award for Best Actress for work 45 Years in 2015
Charlotte Rampling's Nominations
- She was nominated for César Award for Best Actress for work On ne meurt que deux fois in 1986
- Charlotte was nominated for National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actress for work Under the Sand in 2001
- Charlotte was nominated for César Award for Best Actress for work Under the Sand in 2002
- Charlotte was nominated for César Award for Best Actress for work Swimming Pool in 2004
- She was nominated for César Award for Best Supporting Actress for work Lemming in 2006
- She was nominated for AACTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for work The Eye of the Storm in 2011
- She was nominated for Bodil Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for work Melancholia in 2012
- Charlotte was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Miniseries or Television Movie for work Restless in 2013
- Charlotte was nominated for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie for work Restless in 2013
- Charlotte was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress
- She was nominated for European Film Award for Best Actress for work Under the Sand in 2001
- Charlotte was nominated for Jameson People's Choice Award for Best Actress for work Under the Sand in 2001
- She was nominated for European Film Award for Best Actress for work Swimming Pool in 2003
- Charlotte was nominated for Jameson People's Choice Award for Best Actress for work Swimming Pool in 2003
- Charlotte was nominated for Jameson People's Choice Award for Best Actress for work Immortal in 2004
- Charlotte was nominated for Jameson People's Choice Award for Best Actress for work Lemming in 2005
- Charlotte was nominated for European Film Award for Best Actress for work 45 Years in 2015
What Charlotte Rampling has done for a first time
- Her first significant role was in the Boulting Brother's comedy Rotten to the Core (1965).
- Got her first lead role in Rotten to the Core (1965) at 18.
Charlotte Rampling's quotes
- [on her tendency to play villainous roles] I'd rather be thought of like that than to play Mary Poppins.
- Difficult acting with a chimp? No, no. The emotions were the same. In a way it was like playing opposite Paul Newman. The chimpanzee reacted differently, that's all.
- Oh, directors want me to be really stern sometimes. They like that quality in a woman. They find it compelling.
- I didn't allow myself to have fun for a very long time, for all sorts of reasons. What's happened now is that I've lived through that, and I've come to a point where I can say that. I can feel happy too!
- I'm just amazed. I'm glad to be alive, because I know what it's like not to want to be here, and glad that young directors want to put me in fantastic films. So say no more.
- I had fun before, but if you can have fun the way I have when I'm nearly 60, that's quite interesting. If you don't worry about getting wrinkled and all that, and you just allow yourself to feel good, then maybe it's because your time has come.
- [on living in France] I'm a legitimate foreigner. I'm an Englishwoman speaking French. They have no references for me, or my life, my childhood, my upbringing, my schooling. I'm exotic. They like that, and I like that.
- He wanted to seduce all the pretty girls. That's for sure. As long as his wife wasn't there, I think he had a pretty good time with most of them. And that was Sean Connery.
- When I take on something, I take the whole thing on. It's not even a question of separating, "Oh, am I going to be naked?" I go with my whole person.
- I knew that was a world I couldn't survive in, that Hollywood world. I didn't consciously think about it, but I think I wanted to be a European.
- I was brought up in the hard way. My parents were great, my dad was great, but we didn't talk about our feelings.
- I like to wait and be invited to dance. I'm an old-fashioned girl.
- [on Broadchurch (2013)] To act with David Tennant is the thing itself. You can't describe it. You just experience it.
- [on Dexter (2006)] To come in at the very end of a series like that after so may seasons is like being a surprise relation arriving for the holidays. You feel welcome yet strange at the same time.
- [on Stardust Memories (1980)] I thought I had retired from moviemaking and was just going to be a housewife, then [Woody Allen] sent me that script. Game over.
- [on The Night Porter (1974)] With Dirk Bogarde beside me, I felt I could do anything. He would give you that cosy but creepy smile and you thought all was well.
- [on The Damned (1969)] I just kept putting one foot in front of the other and doing what I was told. I knew it was very strange, but I didn't mind.
- I don't know what a superpower is and I don't want one.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Charlotte Rampling's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Charlotte Rampling looks. We will focus on her height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. Charlotte is tall as 5' 7" (170 cm). She weights 128lbs (58 kg). Body build is slim. Her eyes are tinted blue. Charlotte´s hair is shade of brown - light. If you are really curious, you may find interesting her shoe size is 8.5.