Charles Bukowski's biography
Charles Bukowski is 74 years old actor born at Andernach. He was born on Monday 16th of August 1920. He is often nicknamed as BukHank. According to year of birth 1920 he belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 16th of August means he is Leo. As sign in itself indicates “Lion” or “King”, hence people born under Leo sign are considered to be leaders in every aspects of life. They are royal in nature.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of Germany. He is an adherent of agnosticism. His primary profession is to be actor. You can know him also as writer, screenwriter, poet, novelist, journalist, author, columnist, autobiographer. He is recently known as diarist.
Charles Bukowski's family
Charles Bukowski's spouse
Charles Bukowski's ex spouse
Charles Bukowski's schools
We found 3 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Los Angeles City College, Los Angeles High School, Susan Miller Dorsey High School.
Charles Bukowski's career
His main focus is to be actor. He is famous thanks to Post Office.
How did Charles Bukowski die
He died on on Wednesday 9th of March 1994 when he was 74 years old at San Pedro. Charles Bukowskis death was caused by leukemia. It happend like natural causes.
What Charles Bukowski has done for a first time
- His first novel 'The Post Office' was published when he was 51 years old.
Charles Bukowski's quotes
- People who drink and still function say they're not alcoholics. I don't see what one has to do with the other. Whether you're an alcoholic and whether you function are two different questions.
- Everybody calls me Hank. Nobody calls me Charles.
- My writing it very simple. Maybe clarity is a better word.
- I like to drink and write and have the novel happen to me and I'm as surprised as anyone else. I'll be so deep into it that sometimes Linda will open the door unexpectedly and I'll scream.
- The way I became a barfly was, I didn't like what I saw in the 9 to 5. I didn't want to become an ordinary working person, paying off the mortgage, looking at TV, terrified. The bar was a hiding place, to get out of the mainstream.
- I hate to go into bars anymore. I've had too much of barrooms.(...)Now I go up with my bottle and write, all alone. The company's great. Turn on the radio and type. I like looking at a novel and you don't know what you're gonna type next.
- We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities. We are eaten up by nothing.
- I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us.
- Death does not come when you call, even if you call him from a Shining Castle.
Charles Bukowski's body shape
Lets describe how Charles Bukowski looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.