Cate Blanchett's biography
Catherine Elise Blanchett is 53 years old film producer born at Melbourne. Cate was born on Wednesday 14th of May 1969. She is often nicknamed as Catherine Elise Blanchett Upton. According to year of birth 1969 she belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 14th of May means she is Taurus. Taurus is most stable sign of Zodiac, that is the reason it is also included in the earthy sign of the Zodiac Belt. One born with this Moon Sign (Not a Rising Sign) is very stable and balanced through their mind.
She is native english speaker. She is white australian. Cate is citizen of Australia. She is christian. Cate´s primary profession is to be film producer. You can know her also as film director, stage actor, film actor, actor, voice actor. Cate is recently known as television producer. Cate received Academy Award for Best Actress Blue Jasmine in 2 March 2014
Cate Blanchett's family
Cate Blanchett's husband
He is known as film director. Her husband was born on Tuesday 1st of February 1966 in Australia.
Cate Blanchett's ex husband
Cate Blanchett's schools
We found 3 schools Cate attended. Complete list of schools: National Institute of Dramatic Art, University of Melbourne, Ivanhoe Girls' Grammar School.
Detailed informations about her schools
- Attended Methodist Ladies College (MLC) in Melbourne, Australia and was the School Drama Captain.
Cate Blanchett's career
Her main focus is to be film producer. Cate is famous thanks to The Lord of The Rings, The Hobbit, Carol.
Is Cate Blanchett gay ?
Cate is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Cate Blanchett's Awards
- 1995: Nominated for Best Female Performance by the Melbourne Green Room Awards, for the Belvoir St Theatre Company's production of "Hamlet".
- Won the Rosemont Best Actress Award for her performance in "Oleanna".
- Won Best Female Actor, Helpmann Award for her performance in "Hedda Gabler". 
- 15th February 2005: Attended the 2005 Elle Style Awards held at London's trendy Spitalfields Market. Posed for photos with fellow Australian Kylie Minogue, who was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Motion Picture at 6712 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on December 5, 2008.
- She was awarded the Australian Centenary Medal in the 2001 Queen's New Years Honours List for her services to acting and Australian society.
- Holds the record as the only Australian actress to win two Academy Awards.
- Was the 126th actress to receive an Academy Award; she won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for The Aviator (2004) at The 77th Annual Academy Awards (2005) on February 27, 2005.
- Dedicated her 2014 BAFTA Award to Philip Seymour Hoffman who had recently passed away.
- Is the 4th youngest actress (at age 46) to have received 7 Academy Award nominations; those younger are Bette Davis (at age 36), Meryl Streep (at age 38) and Kate Winslet (at age 40).
- Blanchett and Kate Winslet have both received their seventh Academy Award nomination in 2016. Winslet for Best Supporting Actress for Steve Jobs (2015), and Blanchett for Best Actress for Carol (2015).
Cate Blanchett's Rankings
- Dec. 2007 - Ranked #45 on EW's The 50 Smartest People in Hollywood.
Cate Blanchett's Nominations
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for work Notes on a Scandal in 2006
- Cate was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress for work Blue Jasmine in 2013
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress for work Elizabeth: The Golden Age in 2007
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for work I'm Not There in 2007
- Cate was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress
- Cate was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress
What else you don't know about Cate Blanchett ?
Her middle name is Elise.
What Cate Blanchett has done for a first time
- By winning the Oscar for her portrayal of Katharine Hepburn, she became the first person to give an Oscar-winning portrayal of a previous Oscar winner.
Cate Blanchett's quotes
- If you know you are going to fail, then fail gloriously!
- [When asked what colour her hair is] Look, it's one of the great mysteries of the world, I cannot answer that question. I think I'm vaguely blonde. To be perfectly frank, I don't know.
- [When asked if she has ever appeared in Neighbours (1985)] Absolutely not. I'm an actress.
- If I had my way, if I was lucky enough, if I could be on the brink my entire life - that great sense of expectation and excitement without the disappointment - that would be the perfect state.
- It's part of my job. You can't play Veronica Guerin [puts on heavy Strine] sounding like this. It just wouldn't wash. But what I find fascinating about doing an accent - unless it's a farce - is that it's not slapped on. [on doing many accents]
- I'm one of those strange beasts who really likes a corset.
- There's this sense that of course you want to be famous. When you're a performer, of course you want an audience, but it's very, very different from courting fame.
- [on her first Oscar loss, in 1999] Sometimes I think it's so good not to win those things. And, anyway, who wants to peak when they're 28?
- Of course one worries about getting older--we're all fearful of death, let's not kid ourselves. I'm simply not panicking as my laugh lines grow deeper. Who wants a face with no history, no sense of humor?
- [In 2012, on collaborating with husband Andrew Upton]: We've had some doozies and we've had some stinkers. No one sets out to have a stinker.
- [I have] this strange, probably unachievable fantasy about performing in German in Berlin. [But] I don't speak German.
- I love Brighton. We lived in Lewes Crescent and it was the genesis of the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland; so magical.
- No one is ever who they purport to be. And I suppose I'm most interested in the gap between who we project socially and who we really are.
- I can be a real pessimist. You know that when you win an Oscar and you walk offstage and your first thought is: "Oh God, I've peaked."
- Working with Woody [Allen] is like an emotional strip club without the cash.
- For me it felt less about the period and more about the gaze. If the cigarette was held in a certain way and perceived by the camera in a certain way, it was because it was viewed through the prism of someone's desire, rather than the prism of the period.
- [on working with Sally Hawkins on Blue Jasmine (2013):] Sally's got the biggest heart of anyone I've ever met. I clung to her like a life raft.
- Perhaps in another life, if Wizards and Elves could procreate...
Cate Blanchett's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Cate Blanchett looks. We will focus on Cate´s height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. Cate is tall as 5' 8½" (174 cm). She weights 140lbs (64 kg). Body build is slim. Cate´s eyes are tinted blue. Her hair is shade of blonde. If you are really curious, you may find interesting Cate´s shoe size is 40.
Latest news about Cate Blanchett
For the latest news - you can follow Cate Blanchett on social networks.
- Cate reached total 436 110 036 followers - Cate Blanchett on Twitter