Carole Lombard's biography
Carole Lombard is 34 years old film actor born at Fort Wayne. She was born on Tuesday 6th of October 1908. She is often nicknamed as The Profane AngelThe Hoosier TornadoThe Queen of Screwball ComedyCarol Lombard. According to year of birth 1908 she belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 6th of October means she is Libra. Libra sign depicts that it is all about “Balance”. It seems that their life is very balanced, however, things are way opposite as they always face unstable situations in order to balance it further.She was married 2 times.
She is citizen of United States of America. She is an adherent of baháʼí faith.
Carole Lombard's dad
Carole Lombard's father's name is Frederic C. Peters.
Carole Lombard's mom
Carole Lombard's mother's name is Elizabeth Knight.
Carole Lombard's family
Carole Lombard's ex spouses
Carole Lombard and William Powell have been together since 1931 for 2 years. He is known as stage actor. Her ex spouse was born on Friday 29th of July 1892 in Pittsburgh. Her ex spouse died on Monday 5th of March 1984 in Palm Springs. William Powell was 76 years old, when this happened.
Carole Lombard and Clark Gable have been together since 1939 for 3 years. He is known as film actor. Her ex spouse was born on Friday 1st of February 1901 in Cadiz. Her ex spouse died on Wednesday 16th of November 1960 in Los Angeles. Clark Gable was 52 years old, when this happened.
Carole Lombard's schools
We found 2 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: Fairfax High School, Hollywood High School.
Detailed informations about her schools
- Attended Virgil Junior High School on Virgil Avenue in Los Angeles, CA,in the early 1920s. The school currently exists as Virgil Middle School on Vermont Avenue, one block from the original school.
- Attended and graduated from Fairfax High School in Los Angeles, California in 1927. Was elected "May Queen" in 1924. Quit soon thereafter to pursue acting full time.
Carole Lombard's career
Her main focus is to be film actor.
How did Carole Lombard die
She died on on Friday 16th of January 1942 when he was 34 years old at Nevada. Carole Lombards death was caused by airplane crash. It happend like accident.
Awards and competitions
Carole Lombard's Awards
- Posthumously awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6930 Hollywood Blvd. on 2/8/60.
Carole Lombard's Rankings
- In 2006 her performance as Maria Tura in To Be or Not to Be (1942) was ranked #38 on "Premiere" magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time.
- In 1999, the American Film Institute ranked Carole Lombard #23 on their list of 50 Greatest American Female Screen Legends.
Carole Lombard's Nominations
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress for work My Man Godfrey in 1936
What Carole Lombard has done for a first time
- Lombard shared her first screen kiss with Buck Jones in Durand of the Bad Lands (1925).
Carole Lombard's quotes
- I've lived by a man's code designed to fit a man's world, yet at the same time, I never forget that a woman's first job is to choose the right shade of lipstick.
- [on why she would not work with Orson Welles] I can't win working with Welles. If the picture's a huge hit, he'll get the credit and, if it's a flop, I'll be blamed.
- [William Powell] is the only intelligent actor I've ever met.
- I know it's a sweet deal, but the story stinks... I don't care if it is the studio's money, I don't like it.
- [speaking at an Indianapolis war-bond rally, January 15, 1942] At first thought, we might say, "Our job is to win a war"... but I am sure it would be closer to the hearts of all of us to say, "We are fighting a war to assure peace... our kind of peace.".
- [her last words to the public before leaving on a fund-raising flight for the war effort, January 15, 1942] Before I say goodbye to you all, come on - join me in a big cheer - "V for Victory!".
- Personally, I resent being tagged "glamour girl". It's such an absurd, extravagant label. It implies so much that I'm not.
- I can't imagine a duller fate than being the best-dressed woman in reality. When I want to do something, I don't pause to contemplate whether I'm exquisitely gowned. I want to live, not pose!
- A woman has just as much right in this world as a man and can get along in it just as well if she puts her mind to it.
Carole Lombard's body shape
Lets describe how Carole Lombard looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.