Bud Cort's biography
Bud Cort is 74 years old film director born at New Rochelle. He was born on Monday 29th of March 1948. According to year of birth 1948 he belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 29th of March means he is Aries. Aries is the most active sign of Zodiac, one born with this sign is a very quick learner, aggressive and passionate.
He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be film director. You can know him also as character actor, stage actor, film actor, screenwriter. He is recently known as voice actor.
Bud Cort's schools
We found 4 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: New York University Tisch School of the Arts, Iona College, Iona Preparatory School, Stella Adler Studio of Acting.
Bud Cort's career
His main focus is to be film director.
What Bud Cort has done for a first time
- First used the name "Bud Cort" when applying for an Equity card.
Bud Cort's quotes
- You're never fully dressed without a smile.
- I was walking with Ruth Gordon to the set and I saw this dead squirrel. I said "Look at that!" so she turns around and goes "Yech, why did you want to show me that?" I said, "I don't know".
- Santa Claus was one of my first heroes, no doubt about it.
- (Describing Groucho Marx) He was definitely one of my heroes. He inspired me so, still does. He gave me a lot of love, something I'll cherish forever. He also gave me his tooth, but that's another story.
- (Describing Barbra Streisand) She was nineteen-years-old and had these black Martian eyes. She sang like a bird and I thought she was the most gorgeous thing I'd ever seen.
- Acting was a safe haven from the Sturm and drang at home. Theatre let me escape.
- (Describing Harold and Maude (1971)) It was a genius script, written by Colin Higgins. Nothing was filmed that was not in that script. I knew immediately upon reading it that it would be a classic.
- Age is like a coat that you can put on or take off. I prefer to not have that coat on.
- I don't want no retro spective.
- I was taken to county fairs and painted thousands of portraits every day. But it became too mechanical -- I knew I had to express myself more. I dreamed of being an actor but never thought I could be one.
- It's funny...God makes us mad if we work and go mad if we don't.
- Artists pray for inspiration and when it comes, you can't divulge it or express it without someone thinking you're crazy!
- (On the death of Robert Altman) Bob was, in essence, a master painter and the depth and breadth of his art changed the face of film forever. His wildest talent was that he could look at you and see immediately what you were trying to hide.
- (On Harold and Maude (1971)) And we shot every single word that was in that script. There was no improvisation. ... But to sell it, I had to really live it. There were moments that were hard, but Hal Ashby was such a loving director.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Bud Cort's body shape
Lets describe how Bud Cort looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.