Bruce Dern's biography
Bruce Dern is 86 years old actor born at Chicago. He was born on Thursday 4th of June 1936. According to year of birth 1936 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 4th of June means he is Gemini. Gemini is a dual sign of Zodiac Belt. One born with this rising sign is very dual and creative in nature with lots of verbosity. They are the most expressive people as they love talking.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be actor. You can know him also as screenwriter, film actor. He is recently known as television actor. He received Silver Bear for Best Actor That Championship Season in 1983
Bruce Dern's dad
Bruce Dern's father's name is John Dern.
Bruce Dern's mom
Bruce Dern's mother's name is Jean Macleish.
Bruce Dern's family
Bruce Dern's ex spouse
Bruce Dern and Diane Ladd have been together since 1960 for 9 years. She is known as actor. His ex spouse was born on Friday 29th of November 1935 in Meridian.
He has 1 daughter.
Bruce Dern's daughter: Laura Dern
Bruce Dern's daughter's name is Laura Dern. Laura is known as actor. His daughter was born on Friday 10th of February 1967 in Los Angeles.
Bruce Dern's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: University of Pennsylvania, Choate Rosemary Hall.
Bruce Dern's career
His main focus is to be actor. You could see him also in That Championship Season, Nebraska.
Awards and competitions
Bruce Dern's Awards
- He received award for Silver Bear for Best Actor for work That Championship Season in 1983
- He received award for Cannes Film Festival Award for Best Actor for work Nebraska in 2013
Bruce Dern's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for work Coming Home in 1978
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor
- He was nominated for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actor for work Tattoo in 1982
What Bruce Dern has done for a first time
- His grandfather, George Dern, was a Governor of Utah, and President Franklin D. Roosevelt's first Secretary of War, including at the time of Bruce's birth. His father was a law partner with Adlai Stevenson and his brother in Chicago.
- Became a father for the first time at age 25 when his second [now ex] wife Diane Ladd gave birth to their daughter Diane Elizabeth Dern in 1961.
- Became a grandfather for the first time at age 65 when his daughter Laura Dern gave birth to her son Ellery Walker Harper, with [now ex] husband Ben Harper, on August 10, 2001.
- In his first western appearance, an episode of Wagon Train (1957) in 1963, he played a character who was shot and killed. His character was shot and killed in the western The Hateful Eight (2015) 52 years later.
Bruce Dern's quotes
- Because I'm the only actor who ever killed John Wayne in a picture, producers have pegged me for a villain.
- I've played more psychotics and freaks and dopers than anyone.
- [on his fight scene with John Wayne] He walloped me bad.
- [on James Dean] Dean was so real. I believed he was the real person, that he wasn't acting. See, I never thought Rock Hudson was real. Or any of the guys in the forefront then -- Gregory Peck, Paul Newman and them.
- [on Charlton Heston] And I got to really like the guy. A lot of people told me that I wouldn't like him, but I liked him. And he tried very hard. I mean, Will Penny (1967) is far and away the best thing he's ever done.
- I haven't had many love affairs on-screen. In The Great Gatsby (1974), I had one with Karen Black. Then I broke her nose.
- [on The Incredible 2-Headed Transplant (1971)] I look on it as a fond memory. It brought me together with my wife. The film was a nightmare to make, but I got married with the money I made from that movie: $1750.
- That's a part of my personality that has not been seen before in a movie. If there's anything Bruce hasn't been in his career, it's still. I didn't want to be Bruce. I'd been Bruce, and it didn't work.
- [on Elia Kazan] Kazan, I don't care what his politics were - the man had game. He knew how to see a movie before it began.
- [on Susannah York] Susannah York, I had no idea what a tremendous actor she was. She was flat-out great.
- You know what the greatest remedy on earth is today? It's not a pill. It's not a shot. It's a hug.
- They were legends because nobody knew what they were doing after school.
- Comedy is not about appearing funny, so the more honestly you play it, the better it is.
- With my generation, we were very lucky when we came to Hollywood, because we still had a chance to work with the legends. We aren't legends, you can't be a legend today. Clint [Clint Eastwood] and Redford [Robert Redford] are the closest thing we have.
- Overall, when I look at my career, I was lucky and blessed.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Bruce Dern's body shape
Lets describe how Bruce Dern looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.