Brandy Norwood's biography
Brandy Rayana Norwood is 43 years old singer born at McComb. Brandy was born on Sunday 11th of February 1979. Brandy is often nicknamed as The Princess of R&B, B Rocka, Bran'Nu, Brandy, The Vocal Bible. According to year of birth 1979 she belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 11th of February means Brandy is Aquarius. Aquarius is an Airy sign. They are smart thinkers, social, communicative, independent and intelligent people.
Brandy is native english speaker. Brandy is black american. Brandy is citizen of United States of America. Brandy is christian. Brandy´s primary profession is to be singer. You can know Brandy also as actor, singer-songwriter, composer, musician, dancer, model, television actor, record producer, film actor, socialite, child actor. Brandy is recently known as recording artist.
Brandy Norwood's dad
Brandy Norwood's father's name is Willie Norwood.
Brandy Norwood's mom
Brandy Norwood's mother's name is Sonja Norwood.
Brandy Norwood's schools
We found 2 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: Pepperdine University, Hollywood High School.
Detailed informations about Brandy´s schools
- Attended Pepperdine University (1999) but dropped out because of her busy schedule.
- Attended and graduated from Hollywood High School in Los Angeles, California (1996).
Brandy Norwood's career
Brandy´s main focus is to be singer and composing. She is famous thanks to R&B singer, Moesha. She focuses on pop music.
Is Brandy Norwood gay ?
She is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Brandy Norwood's Rankings
- 100 Greatest Moms [Redbook] (Ranked: 89).
- Netscape's Top 10 Sexy Star Mommas [May 2003] (Ranked: 4).
- USA Today Pop Candy's 100 People of the Year  (Ranked: 37).
- VH-1's 100 Greatest Teen Stars [February 2006] (Ranked: 37).
- VH-1's 50 Greatest Teen Idols (Ranked: 33).
- Blender Magazine's the Rock Goddess 50 (Ranked: 27).
- Netscape's Top 10 Double Threats [November 2002] (Ranked: 2).
- Spike's 52 Most Irresistible Women  (Ranked: 21).
- Black Men Magazine's 50 Sexiest Women of the Year  (Ranked: 25).
Brandy Norwood's Nominations
- She was nominated for NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series for work Moesha in 1998
- She was nominated for NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series for work Moesha in 1999
- She was nominated for NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series for work Moesha in 2000
- She was nominated for NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series for work Moesha in 2001
- She was nominated for NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series for work The Game in 2014
What else you don't know about Brandy Norwood ?
Brandy´s middle name is Rayana. Brandy likes to spend time in: Jamaica, Los Angeles, Mississippi.
What Brandy Norwood has done for a first time
- Was the first African American woman to portray Cinderella in a major television movie.
- She wanted to be a professional singer at the age of four and released her first single at age 11.
- Snoop Dogg stated that he and Brandy are first cousins, though it's unclear if they are actually related or simply metaphorical "cousins", as both have parents from McComb, Mississippi.
Brandy Norwood's quotes
- I'll be a nun, raise my daughter, and make albums.
- I just feel my sexuality is private. I'm very shy about being sexy. That part of me has been so closed to the public eye. I've sold millions of records with my clothes on. (Vibe, June 2004)
- When you get a chance to step back, you notice all these great things you've done and all these great people that you've worked with.
- Just staying true to yourself and staying true to your passion. Following your gut.
- That's the beautiful part about acting - you get to play somebody other than yourself. So, I'm open to people who can't sing, people who can, people that sing a little bit, or people that sing a lot.
- There's a lot of people out there who go through hard times, and they feel alone. They feel like nobody is there. But I'm in the same boat.
- It's easy to just give everything up, but it takes a lot of strength and a lot of willpower to just make yourself stay on it and get up and do something different. And I had to do that.
- When you fall in love, you wanna share it with people but you know there are some things that you need to keep to yourself, 'cause privacy makes things last longer, I feel.
- I think creativity becomes really beautiful and magical when you allow it to do what it's needing you to do.
- [on singer Adele] My daughter is in love with Adele. She listens to her every day. To see someone with that much passion and soul move a 9-year-old is amazing and it's magical.
- I needed to explore my talent and versatility and see if I had another side to me, another sound.
- Your children can be around you all day, but if you don't spend quality time with them and you don't pay attention to them and talk to them and listen to them, it doesn't matter that they're just around you.
- I definitely felt like I needed a break, because when you do so much, you're not able to appreciate the things that you accomplish.
- The idea of kids helping other kids is such a great way to introduce children to being involved in charitable causes and volunteer work, setting them on the path to doing good for others throughout their lives.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Brandy Norwood's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Brandy Norwood looks. We will focus on her height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. Brandy is tall as 5' 7" (170 cm). She weights 141lbs (64 kg). Body build is average. Brandy´s eyes are tinted brown - dark. Brandy´s hair is shade of black. If you are really curious, you may find interesting Brandy´s shoe size is 9.
Latest news about Brandy Norwood
For the latest news - you can follow Brandy Norwood on social networks.