Bille August's biography
Bille August is 74 years old film director born at Brede. He was born on Tuesday 9th of November 1948. According to year of birth 1948 he belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 9th of November means he is Scorpio. Scorpio is a watery sign. These people are very intense in their thoughts. They always learn from the transformatory phase of their life.
He is citizen of Denmark. His primary profession is to be film director. You can know him also as screenwriter, cinematographer. He is recently known as photographer.
Bille August's family
Bille August's ex spouse
Bille August and Pernilla August have been together since 1991 for 6 years. She is known as actor. His ex spouse was born on Thursday 13th of February 1958 in Stockholm.
He has 1 son and 2 daughters
Bille August's son: Anders August
Bille August's son's name is Anders August. He is known as screenwriter. His son was born on Thursday 15th of June 1978 in Copenhagen.
Bille August's daughter: Asta Kamma August
Bille August's daughter's name is Asta Kamma August. She is known as actor. His daughter was born on Tuesday 5th of November 1991 in Danderyd parish.
Bille August's daughter: Alba August
Bille August's daughter's name is Alba August. She is known as actor. His daughter was born on Sunday 6th of June 1993 in Copenhagen.
Bille August's schools
We found 1 school He attended. Name of the school: National Film School of Denmark.
Detailed informations about his schools
- Graduated from Den Danske Filmskole (The Danish Film School). 
Bille August's career
His main focus is to be film director. He is famous thanks to Pelle the Conqueror.
Awards and competitions
Bille August's Awards
- He received award for Palme d'Or for work Pelle the Conqueror in 1988
- He received award for Palme d'Or for work The Best Intentions in 1992
Bille August's Nominations
- He was nominated for European Film Award for Best Film for work Pelle the Conqueror in 1988
What Bille August has done for a first time
- George Lucas persuaded him to direct two episodes of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (1992) even though he had first declined. The two have been good friends ever since.
- Cites La Strada (1954) as the film that first made him want to work in film when he saw it while still in school, and Family Life (1971) as one of his greatest influences.
Bille August's quotes
- It was a major dream come true at last. In many respects, Jerusalem is a very modern and important story about people in a period of transition, with all the unrest that permeates society on the eve of a new century. The big life issues are at stake.
- She is also brought to a point of zero in the beginning of the story, and I think you can say that about a lot of my films in that they are often about people who are brought to the point of zero in the beginning of the film.
- I wanted to make Jerusalem as feature film. But we couldn't finance it only through theatrical release, we couldn't get all the money we needed. We had to get some money from television. So we said, ok, let's do it both ways. So we did it in four parts.
- I spent almost 3 months with Bergman, four hours every afternoon. We sat and went through the whole script. To be honest, most of the time we talked about life and other different things. It was really a wonderful time.
- He considers the theatrical version of Fanny and Alexander an amputated version of what his original film was, and he doesn't really like the shorter film.
- The big difference is the size of the crew and the flexibility of shooting because of the size. I mean, it's crazy. So you can't improvise, you cannot suddenly do something that comes to mind, whereas in a small production you have much more flexibility.
- I was mostly interested in it as a theatrical film. Personally, I am not so interested in television, simply because I don't watch television myself. I'm into movies.
- The novel is a penetrating study of morals and ethics.
- From the beginning, we were prepared, we know how we would shoot and cut the two versions.
- It was actually Peter's idea that I should make the film. He called me in the very beginning, and I hadn't even read the book. So I read it and I liked it very much and I knew I'd certainly like to do it.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Bille August's body shape
Lets describe how Bille August looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.