Ben Whishaw's biography
Benjamin John Whishaw is 42 years old stage actor born at Clifton. He was born on Tuesday 14th of October 1980. According to year of birth 1980 Ben belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 14th of October means he is Libra. Libra sign depicts that it is all about “Balance”. It seems that their life is very balanced, however, things are way opposite as they always face unstable situations in order to balance it further.
Ben is white british. He is citizen of United Kingdom. His primary profession is to be stage actor. You can know him also as television actor, film actor, voice actor. He is recently known as actor. He received Kinotavr My Brother Tom in 2001
Ben Whishaw's family
Ben Whishaw's husband
Ben Whishaw's ex husband
Ben Whishaw's schools
We found 2 schools Ben attended. Complete list of schools: Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, Samuel Whitbread Academy.
Detailed informations about Ben´s schools
Ben studied high school - Henlow Middle School.
Ben studied university - Samuel Whitbread Community College, Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA).
Ben Whishaw's career
His main focus is to be stage actor. He is famous thanks to Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.
Is Ben Whishaw gay ?
Ben is known to be gay.
Awards and competitions
Ben Whishaw's Awards
- Ben received award for Kinotavr for work My Brother Tom in 2001
- Ben received award for British Independent Film Awards 2002 for work My Brother Tom in 2002
- Ben received award for International Emmy Award for Best Actor for work Criminal Justice in 2009
- He received award for Royal Television Society Awards for work Criminal Justice in 2009
- Ben received award for Broadcasting Press Guild Award for work The Hour in 2012
- He received award for British Academy Television Award for Best Actor for work The Hollow Crown in 2013
- Ben received award for Independent Spirit Awards for work I'm Not There in 2008
- Ben received award for Bambi Award for work Perfume: The Story of a Murderer in 2006
- Ben received award for Theatre World Award for work The Crucible in 2016
- He received award for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie for work A Very English Scandal in 2019
Ben Whishaw's Nominations
- Ben was nominated for Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor for work Prince Hamlet in 2005
- Ben was nominated for WhatsOnStage Award for Best Actor in a Play for work Mojo in 2013
- He was nominated for British Academy Television Award for Best Actor for work Criminal Justice in 2009
- He was nominated for Broadcasting Press Guild Award for work The Hour in 2012
- Ben was nominated for Broadcasting Press Guild Award for work The Hollow Crown in 2013
- Ben was nominated for BAFTA Rising Star Award for work Perfume: The Story of a Murderer in 2007
- He was nominated for BIFA Award for Best Supporting Actor for work The Lobster in 2015
- He was nominated for Crime Thriller Awards for work Criminal Justice in 2008
- Ben was nominated for Online Film & Television Association Award for work Perfume: The Story of a Murderer in 2007
- He was nominated for Online Film & Television Association Award for work The Hollow Crown in 2014
- Ben was nominated for British Academy Television Award for Best Actor for work London Spy in 8 May 2016
- Ben was nominated for European Film Award for Best Actor for work Perfume: The Story of a Murderer in 2007
What else you don't know about Ben Whishaw ?
His middle name is John.
Ben Whishaw's quotes
- I've been out to LA a couple of times but, over there, the Grenouille in me always comes to the surface. I feel completely terrified, totally flummoxed, like I don't understand what the hell is going on. I've no desire at all to go back there.
- I do think Dylan's incredible.I sort of fell in love with him. I became obsessed. But I've moved on now. I always do.
- There are certainly other things I'd like to have a go at one day.I'd like to have a go at directing. Or maybe I'll go back to painting. Or maybe thinking about those things is just my way of protecting myself if it all goes wrong.
- I don't have any ambition to make lots of money or win an Oscar or anything like that. It's not about that for me. I'm very lucky to have found the thing that makes me tick.
- I didn't really get much. I was with all these beautiful girls who I've murdered, all looking gorgeous, and I was the spare prick at the wedding. - About Berlin Film Festival's paparazzi.
- I'm so lucky to be able to do what I do, and it would be abusing it just to make money. I don't need lots of money, I'm not motivated by that. I would feel really dirty I think.
- The criminal justice system, like any system designed by human beings, clearly has its flaws.
- The thing I love most about acting is that your capacity evolves as you evolve as a human being.
- The most amazing thing is when you find yourself watching someone in the cafÃ© or something doing something weird. It's amazing what people do, isn't it, when you just look at them, when you take the time to look.
- I think I have a degree of confidence, but I also have terrible insecurity, like anybody does.
- When you have a character to work with, you carry them around in a strange way - they make you look at the world in a different way.
- I used to collect knick-knacks, like wizards, trolls and little Buddhas, and arrange them like precious things on a shelf.
- Filmmakers tell stories to explore human nature, which is always a flawed thing.
- I don't think anyone can walk through the world in a state of vulnerability all the time, can they?
- I'm really hopeless with technology - I don't even have a computer.
- I love films. I love music. I love poetry and stories. All of that I feel... I sort of get very excited and fed by.
- I love taking on other people's words. They are much more interesting to me than my own.
- Your one certainty in life, your power as a human being, is that you have a choice in every situation about what you do next and about how you take what has happened to you.
- We are so mired in the complexity of our reactions to other people that when you come across someone who is asocial, there is a simplicity that is refreshing.
- I think the sensation of being moved by a piece of art is something that is really good for a person's soul.
- I reckon domesticated cats have a pretty good life.
- The thing about acting is that it's fairly random. At the end of the day you take what drifts past you or what's given to you.
- I wish that the arts were better supported, and you can't say that enough times, but I also believe that whatever happens, artists will keep going.
- It's fun to pretend you're good at something you know you wouldn't be good at in real life.
- My intuition comes up with better stuff than my head, I think.
- I'm not tortured and neurasthenic - I'm really not.
- What I notice about people who are gifted in filmmaking is that they're great thinkers. They engage with big ideas and they engage with people.
- I think that sometimes in theater, I don't prepare much beyond going to the rehearsals.
- In film, I find it very useful always to do some preparation before you start rehearsals or start shooting, because there's so much that's against you on a film set.
- One of the things I find very difficult about theatre is the repetition - that something can slide away from your original intentions.
- I've gone on workout regimes, but I seem to have a system that is very resistant to changing.
- Even today, England is a very repressed, repressive country, and there's pressure to be kind of a certain way, so people do things that ultimately make them sad.
- Keats himself spoke about how Shakespeare was capable of erasing himself completely from the characters he had created. As an actor, that is what I'm trying to do.
- I don't think I am especially interested in celebrities, but I love talking about what is going on with people and why they do what they do.
- I'm a fairly private person.
- I find it really hard to say anything coherent or interesting about the work I do.
- The thing I love about acting is that you can bring something very personal into the open and at the same time remain hidden because you're always playing a character in a story that someone else has imagined. You're always protected.
- I am a typical Libran. I tend to see two sides of everything.
- I do get stopped on the street, although rarely. And they always have something lovely to say.
- For me, it's important to keep a level of anonymity.
- I find it weird that people want to know about you.
- I think being very thin has had a lot to do with how I've been cast.
- I would have loved to have been a painter or a sculptor. I'm still fascinated by those things.
- I love the characters I've had the opportunity to play.
- I'd like to have a go at directing.
- I was quite a shy child - not chronically, but I tended to blend into the background.
- My favorite Bond films are the really early ones, the first ones in fact, like Dr. No (1962) and From Russia with Love (1963).
- When I finished my A-levels, I assumed I'd be able to get work as an actor. But I couldn't. I didn't get an audition. Nothing. So I thought I'd better train and then the parts would come.
- [on his hair] Sort of neglect of it, really. I don't wash it often. I will often put a hat on it to squash it down a bit.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Ben Whishaw's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Ben Whishaw looks. We will focus on Ben´s height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Ben is tall as 5' 9" (175 cm). Body build is slim. Ben´s eyes are tinted green. Ben´s hair is shade of brown - dark.