Ava Gardner's biography
Ava Lavinia Gardner is 68 years old actor born at Grabtown, Johnston County, North Carolina. Ava was born on Sunday 24th of December 1922. She is often nicknamed as Ava Gardner, The World's Most Beautiful Animal. According to year of birth 1922 Ava belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 24th of December means Ava is Capricorn. These people are stable in nature. As the sign lord is “Saturn”, the person will be judgemental in his approach.She was married 3 times.
She is native american english speaker. Ava is white american. She is citizen of United States of America. She is atheist. Ava´s primary profession is to be actor. You can know her also as model, autobiographer, film actor. She is recently known as television actor. She received Silver Shell for Best Actress The Night of the Iguana in 1964
Ava Gardner's dad
Ava Gardner's father's name is Jonas Bailey Gardner.
Ava Gardner's mom
Ava Gardner's mother's name is Mary Elizabeth Baker.
Ava Gardner's family
Ava Gardner's ex husbands
Ava Gardner and Frank Sinatra have been together since 1951 for 6 years. He is known as television actor. Ava´s ex husband was born on Sunday 12th of December 1915 in Hoboken. Ava´s ex husband died on Thursday 14th of May 1998 in Los Angeles. Frank Sinatra was 76 years old, when this happened.
Ava Gardner and Mickey Rooney have been together since 1942 for a year. Mickey is known as singer. Her ex husband was born on Friday 23rd of September 2022 in Brooklyn. Ava´s ex husband died on Wednesday 6th of April 2022 in Studio City. Mickey Rooney was 100 years old, when this happened.
Ava Gardner and Artie Shaw have been together since 1945 for a year. He is known as film actor. Her ex husband was born on Monday 23rd of May 1910 in New York City.
Ava Gardner's schools
We found 2 schools Ava attended. Complete list of schools: Barton College, Newport News High School.
Detailed informations about Ava´s schools
Ava studied high school - Rock Ridge School.
She studied university - Atlantic Christian College, Attended Classes at UCLA.
Ava Gardner's career
Her main focus is to be actor. Ava is famous thanks to The Killers (1946), Mogambo (1953), The Barefoot Contessa (1954). You could see Ava also in The Night of the Iguana.
Is Ava Gardner gay ?
She is known to be straight.
How did Ava Gardner die
Ava died on on Thursday 25th of January 1990 when he was 68 years old at Westminster. Ava Gardners death was caused by pneumonia and fibrosing alveolitis. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Ava Gardner's Awards
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 1560 Vine St. on February 8, 1960.
Ava Gardner's Nominations
- Ava was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress for work Mogambo in 1953
- She was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama for work The Night of the Iguana in 1964
What else you don't know about Ava Gardner ?
Her middle name is Lavinia. Ava likes to spend time in: Europe, Home.
What Ava Gardner has done for a first time
- When her first husband, Mickey Rooney, brought his hugely successful musical "Sugar Babies" to London in the late 1980s, she confessed to him that she had contemplated suicide after being left partially paralyzed by two strokes in 1986.
Ava Gardner's quotes
- All I ever got out of any of my marriages was the two years Artie Shaw financed on an analyst's couch.
- I have only one rule in acting--trust the director and give him heart and soul.
- When I lose my temper, honey, you can't find it any place.
- I don't understand people who like to work and talk about it like it was some sort of goddamn duty. Doing nothing feels like floating on warm water to me. Delightful, perfect.
- I must have seen more sunrises than any other actress in the history of Hollywood.
- I haven't taken an overdose of sleeping pills and called my agent. I haven't been in jail, and I don't go running to the psychiatrist every two minutes. That's something of an accomplishment these days.
- Nobody ever called it an intellectual profession.
- I couldn't imagine a better place [Melbourne, Australia] for making a film on the end of the world.
- Deep down, I'm pretty superficial.
- After my screen test, the director clapped his hands gleefully and yelled, "She can't talk! She can't act! She's sensational!"
- Everybody kisses everybody else in this crummy business all the time. It's the kissiest business in the world.
- What's the point? My face, shall we say, looks lived in.
- I made it as a star dressed, and if it ain't dressed, I don't want it.
- I wish to live until 150 years old but the day I die, I wish it to be with a cigarette in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other.
- [in 1985, on why she came out of retirement to appear on a prime-time soap opera] For the loot, honey, for the loot.
- What I'd really like to say about stardom is that it gave me everything I never wanted.
- Although no one believes me, I have always been a country girl and still have a country girl's values.
- I can't bear to face a camera. But I never brought anything to this business and I have no respect for acting. Maybe if I had learned something it would be different. But I never did anything to be proud of.
- [asked if her time at MGM had been any fun at all] Christ, after 17 years of slavery, you can ask that question? I hated it, honey. I mean, I'm not exactly stupid or without feeling, and they tried to sell me like a prize hog.
- [on her career] Christ, what did I ever do worth talking about? Every time I tried to act, they stepped on me. That's why it's such a goddamn shame, I've been a movie star for 25 years and I've got nothing, nothing, to show for it.
- [on her first screen test] There wasn't a thing that I could do. I couldn't act--I was the first to be eliminated in high school plays. I had no training whatsoever. I was just a pretty little girl. But I loved the idea, because I loved movies.
- God knows I've got so many frailties myself, I ought to be able to understand and forgive them in others. But I don't.
- [on why she had an abortion during her marriage to Frank Sinatra] We couldn't even take care of ourselves. How were we going to take care of a baby?
- [on mementos] I don't like all that stuff hanging around. I don't have to be reminded every day.
- It's fine being stared at as a pretty girl, but not as a freak. When I tried to make myself ugly, they said, "Oh, she's lost her looks." They weren't thinking of me as an actress. I wasn't allowed to be unattractive.
- [on her three failed marriages] There was no way the marriages could have survived. Nor do I regret that they didn't.
-  I was born with good health and a strong body and spent years abusing them. Now I spend a lot of time taking care. I go on tremendous health kicks - exercise, yogurt, no booze.
-  Without shame I say that I happen to be an extremely beautiful woman at any age.
-  I don't go to movies.
- [on MGM] We were told what to do, when to do it and how, and paid very little.
- [on leaving Hollywood] Yes, I was swept up, but I didn't have a nervous breakdown or go wild on booze. Years later I couldn't cope any longer. So I quit to remain sane.
- [on her career] Had I really cared, I could have been really good, but I didn't.
- I had no doubt I'd be a movie queen. The stupidity of youth, no doubt.
- Turning 50, that was the tough one.
-  My life's okay. I wouldn't say this is the best part, but it's better than most people's. I'll just take the rest as it comes.
Ava Gardner's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Ava Gardner looks. We will focus on Ava´s height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. Ava is tall as 5' 6" (168 cm). She weights 115lbs (52 kg). Body build is voluptuous. Her eyes are tinted green. Ava´s hair is shade of brown - dark. If you are really curious, you may find interesting Ava´s shoe size is 51/2.