Anthony Anderson's biography
Anthony Anderson is 52 years old comedian born at Los Angeles. He was born on Saturday 15th of August 1970. According to year of birth 1970 he belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 15th of August means he is Leo. As sign in itself indicates “Lion” or “King”, hence people born under Leo sign are considered to be leaders in every aspects of life. They are royal in nature.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be comedian. You can know him also as film actor, television actor, actor, executive producer. He is recently known as film producer.
Anthony Anderson's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Howard University, Los Angeles County High School for the Arts.
Detailed informations about his schools
- Attended and graduated from Hollywood High School Performing Arts Center (1988).
- Attended Hollywood High School Performing Arts Center at the same time as Benito Martinez, his future co-star on The Shield (2002). Anderson was a year behind Martinez.
- Attended Howard University in Washington, D.C.; but was forced to dropped out. Is an honorary member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
Anthony Anderson's career
His main focus is to be comedian.
Awards and competitions
Anthony Anderson's Awards
- Nominated for the 2018 Emmy Award in the Lead Actor in a Comedy Series category for his role as Andre 'Dre' Johnson in Black-ish (2014), but lost to Bill Hader from Barry (2018).
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television at 6780 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on August 14, 2020 (the day before his 50th birthday).
Anthony Anderson's quotes
- Independent films are where you really get to cut your teeth and have some fun and do the things that mainstream Hollywood doesn't want to do.
- Set your heights more than what you see around you, see beyond.
- Be ready for when your time comes, you will have that window of opportunity, so seize the moment and capitalize on it.
- Leo (Leonardo DiCaprio) couldn't deliver Mr. Martin Scorsese his Oscar with The Aviator (2004), but I will go on record to say I will do so with The Departed (2006).
- I realized my family was funny, because nobody ever wanted to leave our house.
- It's sort of an action flick. You can't be that funny trying to steal diamonds.
- Everyone realized I was the innocent victim of a shakedown.
- You can say what you want to about a rapper in a movie, but look at what Ice Cube has done. Ice Cube has created more opportunities for other actors to get jobs in this business than some actors have.
- More oftentimes than not, you're automatically guilty before innocent.
- Things are changing. I've been training since I was 9 years old to stretch my wings as an actor dramatically, but have never really been afforded the opportunity to show that.
- If you respect the art and you have some talent about you, I'm on your team.
- Comedy is second nature for me.
- My choices were never wrong.
- I'm not a comedian. I'm an actor who just happens to be funny on occasion.
- I ain't got nothing. I've got this watch, and these shoes, and that's about it.
- It's just a matter of me opening up the page and whatever is written on the page, that's what I'm here to do.
- I provide a little comic relief.
- I've worked with some actors who can't act.
- My wife and I have always trusted each other, and I have to thank her strength.
- I went to the High School for Performing Arts, and to Howard University on a talent scholarship.
- Some of these guys... I've worked with Ice Cube, I think he's an immensely talented rapper and actor.
- There isn't a switch that I turn on. I'm an actor. This is what I do.
- You say you're a comedian, you always have to be on guard.
- They gave us the freedom just to play and have fun.
- Romeo Must Die (2000) was the first film that I did where I was able to just be free as an actor.
- It's a remake of a film called Infernal Affairs. It's a Hong Kong film, and if we come anywhere close to what they did in the original, we're going to have a hot property on our hands, because Infernal Affairs is a great piece.
- Glenn Close is a living icon. You look at the work, and I think it's wild, because she thinks some of her best work was in Dangerous Liaisons (1988) and that's what I believe, as well.
- I've gotten my butt kicked by the best. Jet Li beat me up the best, but Steven Seagal can still kick a good butt. It's a different kind of kicking, though.
- If they respect the craft and what we're doing and they bring something to the table and they work hard, I don't care what you do as your side job or as your day job.
- Tom Arnold and I, we have a huge firefight scene on top of a German tank. I get to shoot 50 caliber rounds. We shoot a helicopter out of the sky. That's the only fight I'm in.
- You take the quote from Samuel L. Jackson about how he will never work with a rapper, and I can understand where he's coming from because he says rappers can't act.
- [on Stevie Wonder] What y'all don't know is, Stevie can see. It's just an act.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Anthony Anderson's body shape
Lets describe how Anthony Anderson looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Anthony Anderson
For the latest news - you can follow Anthony Anderson on social networks.