Anne Hathaway's biography
Anne Jacqueline Hathaway is 40 years old film actor born at New York City. Anne was born on Friday 12th of November 1982. She is often nicknamed as Anne Jacqueline Hathaway, Anne Hathaway. According to year of birth 1982 she belongs to Millennials. Birthday on 12th of November means Anne is Scorpio. Scorpio is a watery sign. These people are very intense in their thoughts. They always learn from the transformatory phase of their life.
She is native american english speaker. Anne is white american. Anne is citizen of United States of America. She is agnostic. Her primary profession is to be film actor. You can know her also as singer, television actor, stage actor. Anne is recently known as voice actor. Anne received Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress Les Misérables in 2012
Anne Hathaway's family
Anne Hathaway's husband
Adam is known as actor. Her husband was born on Thursday 2nd of April 1981 in New York City.
Anne Hathaway's ex husband
Anne Hathaway's schools
We found 4 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: New York University, Vassar College, American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Millburn High School.
Detailed informations about her schools
- Attended and graduated from Millburn High School in Millburn, New Jersey with the highest honors. [June 2000]
- Parents, Gerald T. Hathaway and Kate McCauley Hathaway, attended La Salle University in Philadelphia during the 1970s, graduating one year apart.
- Attended Wyoming School in Millburn, New Jersey.
Anne Hathaway's career
Anne´s main focus is to be film actor. She is famous thanks to The Devil Wears Prada, Les Miserables, Alice Through The Looking Glass, The Princess Diaries, Bride Wars. You could see Anne also in Les Misérables.
Is Anne Hathaway gay ?
She is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Anne Hathaway's Awards
- She appeared at both the 1999 Teen Choice Awards and the 1999 Billboard Awards, introducing musical acts.
- Won the Clarence Derwent Award for her performance as Lili in the City Center Encores! production of "Carnival" (2002).
- Was nominated for the Paper Mill's "Rising Star Award" for the best high school performance by an actress in New Jersey.
- Was nominated for the 2002 Teens Choice Award in the Best Actress/Comedy (The Princess Diaries (2001)) series category.
- In 2004, she received Chanel's Spotlight Award for Emerging Talent.
- Is one of 8 actresses who have won an Academy Award for their performance in a musical. The others in chronological order are Rita Moreno, Julie Andrews, Barbra Streisand, Liza Minnelli, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Jennifer Hudson and Emma Stone.
- Is good friends with Les MisÃ©rables (2012) co-star Hugh Jackman. In fact, he suggested Anne for the role of Fantine which later she won every major award for and thanked him in her speeches.
- Was the 140th actress to receive an Academy Award; she won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for Les MisÃ©rables (2012) at The 85th Academy Awards (2013) on February 24, 2013.
- Has worked with three directors who have won the Best Director Academy Award: Ang Lee, Jonathan Demme and Tom Hooper.
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6927 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on May 9, 2019.
Anne Hathaway's Rankings
- She is in the "100 Sexiest Women" list compiled by FHM, the monthly British men's lifestyle magazine, has been ranked: #85 in 2006,#51 in 2008,#9 in 2009.
- She is in the "Top 99 Most Desirable Women" list compiled by AskMen.com, has been ranked: #80 in 2006,#63 in 2008,#5 in 2009,#9 in 2011,#47 in 2013.
- She is in the "Most Beautiful People" list compiled by People magazine, has been ranked in 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010.
- She is in the "100 Sexiest Movie Stars" list compiled by Empire magazine, has been ranked: #18 in 2007,#5 in 2013.
- Ranked #6 by InStyle magazine as one of the 10 most stylish stars in Hollywood (2007).
- Was ranked #3 on Entertainment Weekly's '30 Under 30' the actress list (2008).
- Ranked #2 on Glamour magazine's Most Glamourous Women in the World list (2009).
- Ranked #85 on Forbes magazine's 100 Most Powerful People. The magazine lists her earnings for 2008 at $7 million.
- Her performance as Kym in Rachel Getting Married (2008) is ranked #20 in Paste magazine's 25 Best Movie Performances of the Decade (2009).
- Ranked #7 on Maxim magazine's Hot 100 Women of 2011 list.
Anne Hathaway's Nominations
- Anne was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress for work Rachel Getting Married in 2008
- Anne was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for work Les Misérables in 2012
What else you don't know about Anne Hathaway ?
Her middle name is Jacqueline. She likes to spend time in: Hollywood.
What Anne Hathaway has done for a first time
- Has stated that she would only appear nude/topless in a film if she felt it would add significance to it. She appeared topless for the first time in Havoc (2005) and then in the same year in Brokeback Mountain (2005).
Anne Hathaway's quotes
- I look my best after an entire hair and makeup team has spent hours perfecting me. When do I feel my best? When I haven't looked in a mirror for days, and I'm doing things that make me happy.
- Kindness is really important to me in finding my own prince - so are patience and a sense of humor. Without those qualities he's no Prince Charming!
- [on her character "Lureen" in Brokeback Mountain (2005)] She can act sweet, but she's fundamentally a predator.
- Over the last few years I've learned that the Next Big Thing is something a lot of people wish and want for you - but what you wish for yourself is really important too.
- I've worked with people and I've known people that were really competitive but I've always said that I take an Elizabeth Bennett philosophy of life - I laugh. I love my job but if it means hurting someone I won't do it.
- [on Brokeback Mountain (2005)] I'm more proud of that film than anything I have created.
- I got into this business to be an actress, to scare myself and force myself into a place outside of my comfort zone. I have nothing against The Princess Diaries (2001) - but it has been a brick wall at times for my career.
- Films are letting me get older, which is really nice, because there was always this fear of what happens when I stop being a teenager. But for everyone else, it was kind of a sharp left.
- I'm very choosy! It drives my agent nuts.
- I cry terribly easily. Just a minute ago, I was reading an article about Kate Winslet in Vogue, and I love her so much, I started crying, realizing how great she is and how far I have to go.
- I've had directors say to me, 'You're the best actress for the role, but you've put on weight recently.' If people can't understand you've put on five pounds, I don't want to deal with them.
- Obsessing about weight is a big old waste of time.
- I'm very aware of my own background. I'm Irish, French and then a little bit of everything else thrown in, ranging from German to Native American. We're talking about tiny drops of blood.
- [on performing love scenes with Steve Carell in Get Smart (2008)] Making out with him is like the yummiest lollipop. Dipped in sunshine. And wrapped around in a masculine wrapper.
- [on dating actors] I try not to date where I work. It makes life easier.I don't say no to anybody because I'd hope that people wouldn't say no to me just because I'm an actor - but they'd have to be pretty extraordinary.
- [about Meryl Streep who was in her category in Critics' Choice Awards 2009] I'm not going to win. I'm in a dramatic category with Meryl Streep. No contest.
- My feeling about growing up in New Jersey was, "How come I'm not in New York?"
- I think that when actors are living very public lives, it affects your ability to get lost in their performances.
- My favorite fashion is daring. I love it as an art form. I love it when people are able to interpret thoughts and feelings on fabric.
- [after Emily Blunt called her performance cheap on an episode of Lip Sync Battle (2015)] To be fair, Emily knows cheap.
- [describing her competitor, Emily Blunt, on an episode of Lip Sync Battle (2015)] She's so beautiful and has the most amazing body. That's what friendship is built on, just being happy for her (and then jabs a voodoo doll of Emily Blunt).
- [after being told she looked armed and dangerous on an episode of Lip Sync Battle (2015)] I do. Good, then you believe me.
- [LL Cool J] I wanna' hug him all the time.
- [on accepting the real-life role of a goodwill ambassador] The United Nations reached out to me and and I was very interested. But it took us quite a while to figure out what my issue would be. Then life provided the answer: I got pregnant.
Anne Hathaway's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Anne Hathaway looks. We will focus on Anne´s height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. Anne is tall as 5' 8" (173 cm). Anne weights 124lbs (56 kg). Body build is slim. Her eyes are tinted brown - dark. Anne´s hair is shade of brown - dark. If you are really curious, you may find interesting her shoe size is 8.
Latest news about Anne Hathaway
For the latest news - you can follow Anne Hathaway on social networks.