Ann Sothern's biography
Ann Sothern is 92 years old singer born at North Dakota. She was born on Friday 22nd of January 1909. According to year of birth 1909 she belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 22nd of January means she is Aquarius. Aquarius is an Airy sign. They are smart thinkers, social, communicative, independent and intelligent people.
She is native english speaker. She is citizen of United States of America. She is an adherent of roman catholic. Her primary profession is to be singer. You can know her also as stage actor, film actor, television actor. She is recently known as actor.
Ann Sothern's family
Ann Sothern's ex spouse
Ann Sothern and Robert Sterling have been together since 1943 for 6 years. He is known as film actor. Her ex spouse was born on Tuesday 13th of November 1917 in New Castle. Her ex spouse died on Tuesday 30th of May 2006 in Brentwood. Robert Sterling was 97 years old, when this happened.
She has 1 daughter.
Ann Sothern's daughter: Tisha Sterling
Ann Sothern's daughter's name is Tisha Sterling. She is known as actor. Her daughter was born on Sunday 10th of December 1944 in Los Angeles.
Ann Sothern's schools
We found 3 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: University of Washington, Central High School, MacPhail Center for Music.
Ann Sothern's career
Her main focus is to be singer. She focuses on traditional pop music.
How did Ann Sothern die
She died on on Thursday 15th of March 2001 when he was 92 years old at Ketchum. Ann Sotherns death was caused by heart failure.
Awards and competitions
Ann Sothern's Awards
- She was awarded 2 Stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Motion Pictures at 1612 Vine Street; and for Television at 1634 Vine Street in Hollywood, California.
Ann Sothern's Nominations
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for work The Whales of August in 1987
What Ann Sothern has done for a first time
- In her role as Susie McNamara on Private Secretary (1953) (which ran 1953-1958), Sothern played the first working woman on an American sitcom.
- Became a grandmother for the first time at age 57 when her daughter Tisha Sterling gave birth to a daughter, Heidi K. Baum, on March 3, 1966.
- Ann Sothern has the distinction of co-starring (with Franchot Tone) in the first American film to play in newly-liberated Copenhagen (May 1945), following Denmark's five-year German occupation in World War II; the film is Fast and Furious (1939).
Ann Sothern's quotes
- Good night . . . and stay happy.
- [on her long-time friend Lucille Ball and her second series, The Ann Sothern Show (1958)] Lucy used to complain that she got all the parts I turned down. Now I produce the show, and she owns the studio. I guess that settles that.
- Listen, I never asked to be in show business. It was my mother's idea.
- People never think of me as a singer. But singers aren't always good actresses, and, thank goodness, they think of me as an actress.
- [on her co-stars in The Whales of August (1987)] Lillian [Lillian Gish] is a person first and then a movie star. Bette [Bette Davis] is a movie star.
- I only like character parts. I never wanted to be a leading woman.
- [on her Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer contract years] You didn't have to walk to the set. There was always a limousine. I never thought you stopped making money and grew old.
- I love Lucille (Ball), and I know she loves me. Furthermore, I'm one of the few people who call her Lucille. I understand her. A lot people think she is tough. But that's just her way. She's soft inside.
Ann Sothern's body shape
Lets describe how Ann Sothern looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.