Ann Dowd's biography
Ann Dowd is 66 years old television actor born at Holyoke. She was born on Monday 30th of January 1956. According to year of birth 1956 she belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 30th of January means she is Aquarius. Aquarius is an Airy sign. They are smart thinkers, social, communicative, independent and intelligent people.
She is native english speaker. She is citizen of United States of America. Her primary profession is to be television actor. You can know her also as film actor, actor. She is recently known as stage actor.
Ann Dowd's schools
We found 3 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: DePaul University, College of the Holy Cross, Williston Northampton School.
Detailed informations about her schools
- Attended Goodman School of Drama (now The Theatre School at DePaul University) in Chicago.
Ann Dowd's career
Her main focus is to be television actor. You could see her also in The Handmaid's Tale.
Awards and competitions
Ann Dowd's Awards
- Won the 1993 Clarence Derwent award for "Candida", presented to outstanding newcomers to the New York theater scene.
- She was awarded the 1983 Joseph Jefferson Award Citation for Actress in a Principal Role in a Play for "A Different Moon", at the Next Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois.
- She was awarded the 1984 Joseph Jefferson Award Citation For Actress in a Principal Role in a Play for "Kennedy's Children", at the Pegasus Players in Chicago, Illinois.
- She was awarded the 1987 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actress in a Supporting Role in a Play for "The Normal Heart", at the Next Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois.
- Nominated for the 2018 Emmy Award in the Supporting Actress in a Drama Series category for her role as Aunt Lydia in The Handmaid's Tale (2017), but lost to Thandiwe Newton from Westworld (2016).
Ann Dowd's body shape
Lets describe how Ann Dowd looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.