Alia Shawkat's biography
Alia Martine Shawkat is 33 years old actor born at Riverside. She was born on Tuesday 18th of April 1989. She is often nicknamed as Allie. According to year of birth 1989 Alia belongs to Millennials. Birthday on 18th of April means she is Aries. Aries is the most active sign of Zodiac, one born with this sign is a very quick learner, aggressive and passionate.
She is native english speaker. Alia is white american. She is citizen of United States of America. Alia´s primary profession is to be actor. You can know her also as child actor, television actor, film actor, singer. Alia is recently known as painter.
Alia Shawkat's schools
We found 1 school She attended. Name of the school: Marywood-Palm Valley school.
Alia Shawkat's career
Alia´s main focus is to be actor. She is famous thanks to her roles as Hannah Rayburn in State of Grace, Maeby Fünke in the Fox/Netflix television sitcom Arrested Development, Gertie Michaels in the 2015 horror-comedy film The Final Girls, and Dory Sief in the TBS and HBO Max comedy series Search Party.
Is Alia Shawkat gay ?
Alia is known to be bisexual.
What else you don't know about Alia Shawkat ?
Her middle name is Martine.
Alia Shawkat's quotes
- As an actress, you never know when you're going to work again - and there's so much dependency on working.
- In my opinion FOX is known for being a network that just advertises, and that's pretty much how they get their viewers.
- But I love singing, and I've been singing backup for friends' bands.
- Kids can be harsh, especially when they get jealous.
- When you focus on life, on enjoying and connecting with other people, that's when work comes. When you focus on work, you can never work. I'm always going through waves of that.
- I think for a girl to be strong, it doesn't have to involve being physically strong.
- I guess I've always been drawn to roles that have smart characters commenting on what's happening around them.
- I go into work and get my hair and makeup done, go into wardrobe. I have to do three hours of school a day.
- I feel very lucky.
- I don't think it's good to say that you won't do certain things, but I don't necessarily have the natural urge to write.
- Mitch Hurwitz was like a father figure to me. He was so sweet, and he's just so smart.
- It would be great to do theater one day, but I don't think I'd do a musical.
- I would do a movie musical.
- I was born and grew up in Palm Springs. It's a great place to grow up, a real small town.
- I was a late bloomer.
- We're not going to dumb down for them. They have to move up. They're the network and we're the show.
- The words are ludicrous at times, but you add the reality to it and that gives it the balance it has.
- The main thing I got from growing up in a suburb is the boredom you have as a child.
- Right when I turned 18, I moved to New York, originally for school, and then dropped out and just lived in New York.
- On American TV, there just aren't a lot of female leads in comedy, especially at the peak of all the Judd Apatow stuff.
- If you want to do something, then you do it. If you don't want to do something, don't just do it because your friends are doing it, or because all the popular kids are doing it.
- I've been reading scripts where they've been doing a lot of singing now, but within the dark, realistic story line. I would love, love, love, love to do that. But not a musical on Broadway, I don't have that kind of energy or stamina.
- I think with the whole new Internet media, I'm not necessarily Internet savvy, but I just feel that the way that art in general will be presented to the public is going to be different.
- Yeah, I've worked with a couple of female directors, now, and I think that they're amazing. As good or better than guy directors.
- When I get a new script my mom will read them and just be aghast. I think it's hysterical.
- With independent film, as an actor, you have more involvement - it's very much more connected. It's not just like I'm showing up and there's another actor on the call sheet; you're very attached to it.
- We don't have a laugh track, which helped Seinfeld (1989) a lot, and did kind of tell people when to laugh. It just made it a lot easier. Our show doesn't have that, so it's hard for Middle America to catch on.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Alia Shawkat's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Alia Shawkat looks. We will focus on Alia´s height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. She is tall as 5' 5½" (166 cm). She weights 128lbs (58 kg). Body build is slim. Alia´s eyes are tinted brown - light. Her hair is shade of brown - dark. If you are really curious, you may find interesting Alia´s shoe size is 7.5.
Latest news about Alia Shawkat
For the latest news - you can follow Alia Shawkat on social networks.
- Alia Shawkat on Instagram
- She reached total 0 followers - Alia Shawkat on Twitter