Alex Trebek's biography
Alex Trebek is 80 years old television presenter born at Greater Sudbury. He was born on Monday 22nd of July 1940. According to year of birth 1940 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 22nd of July means he is Cancer. Cancer is a watery sign. They are very friendly and show motherly love to everyone. According to ascendant calculator, an important trait of these natives is their sensitive nature.
He is native english speaker. His primary profession is to be television presenter. You can know him also as journalist, actor, sports commentator. He is recently known as game show host.
Alex Trebek's family
Alex Trebek's ex spouse
Elaine Kares Trebek
Alex Trebek and Elaine Kares Trebek have been together since 1974 for 7 years. She is known as broadcaster.
Alex Trebek's schools
We found 3 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: University of Ottawa, Royal Military College of Canada, Sudbury Secondary School.
Alex Trebek's career
His main focus is to be television presenter.
How did Alex Trebek die
He died on on Sunday 8th of November 2020 when he was 80 years old at Los Angeles. Alex Trebeks death was caused by pancreatic cancer. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Alex Trebek's Awards
- Won the Bob Hope Entertainment Award for his work with the USO (1998).
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television at 6501 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on May 17, 1999.
- The American Federation for the Blind awarded Trebek with one of six Access Awards for his role in accommodating notable Jeopardy! (1984) champion Eddie Timanus. 
- He was awarded a star on Canada's Walk of Fame in Toronto, Ontario in 2006.
Alex Trebek's Rankings
- Ranked #3 as GSN's Top 10 Game Show Hosts of All Time.
- Ranked #10 on Life's 15 Best Game Show Hosts.
What Alex Trebek has done for a first time
- His first game show, The Wizard of Odds (1973), was produced by Alan Thicke.
- In 2001, Trebek shaved his mustache during the first few weeks of the 18th season of Jeopardy! (1984). He had the mustache for over 30 years.
- Was Merv Griffin's and Bob Murphy's first choice as host of Jeopardy! (1984), who eventually hired Trebek on the spot, after subbing for an ailing Chuck Woolery on Wheel of Fortune (1975).
Alex Trebek's quotes
- We are trying to entertain the audience. We happen to do it by enlightening and educating them. [January 10, 1988]
- "I have learned quite a bit, but it's not like you know enough about the topics to lead a discussion at a cocktail party." - On the question if hosting the show has expanded his knowledge.
- [When asked if he missed Bob Barker's final show in 2007]: I was doing some electrical work in an attic today.
- We're trying to build a gentler, kinder society and if we all pitch in just a little bit, we'll get there.
- Don't tell me what you believe in. I'll observe how you behave and I will make my own determination.
- I was just reading something by Immanuel Kant about perpetual peace, and I'm looking at that, and it's a great idea. But I've got to read it about three or four times in order to figure out exactly the point he's trying to make.
- [Of his heart attack]: I had been doing some work around the house working with a heavy ladder. I just thought it was muscle strain.
- [Who was vocal about the climate change]: I believe that climate change exists and is contributed to by human activity.
- I was doing so well and my numbers went down to the equivalent of a normal human being who does not have pancreatic cancer so we were all very optimistic. And they said good, we're going to stop chemo, we'll start you on immunotherapy.
- [If he'd joked about Matt Lauer would be interesting in hosting Jeopardy! (1984)]: If Matt Lauer would come over to 'Jeopardy!,' I'd be happy to take over his job on 'Today.'
- [Who said in 2013 about not watching game shows]: I think game shows were the beginning and best of reality television," he says. "With the exception of The Gong Show, we didn't embarrass people. And some great actors came out of daytime TV.
Alex Trebek's body shape
Lets describe how Alex Trebek looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Alex Trebek
For the latest news - you can follow Alex Trebek on social networks.