Adrien Brody's biography
Adrien Brody is 49 years old actor born at Woodhaven. He was born on Saturday 14th of April 1973. According to year of birth 1973 he belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 14th of April means Adrien is Aries. Aries is the most active sign of Zodiac, one born with this sign is a very quick learner, aggressive and passionate.
Adrien is native english speaker. He is white american. Adrien is citizen of United States of America. Adrien is jewish. His primary profession is to be actor. You can know him also as film actor, screenwriter, voice actor, film producer, television actor. Adrien is recently known as composer. He received César Award for Best Actor The Pianist in 2003
Adrien Brody's dad
Adrien Brody's father's name is Elliott Brody.
Adrien Brody's mom
Adrien Brody's mother's name is Sylvia Plachy.
Adrien Brody's schools
We found 4 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Queens College, Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School, American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Stony Brook University.
Detailed informations about Adrien´s schools
- Attended CUNY Queens College in the Flushing section of Queens, New York.
- Attended Stony Brook University before transferring to CUNY-Queens College.
Adrien Brody's career
Adrien´s main focus is to be actor. He is famous thanks to 'The Pianist'. You could see Adrien also in The Pianist, The Thin Red Line, Cadillac Records and many more.
Is Adrien Brody gay ?
Adrien is known to be straight.
Adrien Brody's girlfriends
Adrien Brody and Elsa Pataky have been together since 2006 for 3 years. Elsa is known as actor. Adrien´s girlfriend was born on Sunday 18th of July 1976 in Madrid.
Adrien Brody and Angela Calvo have been together since 2012 for 6 years.
Awards and competitions
Adrien Brody's Awards
- He received award for César Award for Best Actor for work The Pianist in 2003
- He received award for Satellite Award for Best Cast – Motion Picture for work The Thin Red Line in 1999
- He received award for Academy Award for Best Actor for work The Pianist in 2002
- He received award for National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actor for work The Pianist in 2002
- Adrien received award for Boston Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actor for work The Pianist in 2002
- Adrien received award for Black Reel Award for Best Ensemble for work Cadillac Records in 2008
Adrien Brody's Rankings
- Ranked #21 on VH1's 100 Hottest Hotties.
Adrien Brody's Nominations
- He was nominated for Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead for work Restaurant in 2001
- He was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama for work The Pianist in 2002
- Adrien was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for work The Pianist in 2002
- He was nominated for National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actor for work The Pianist in 2002
- Adrien was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role for work The Pianist in 2003
- He was nominated for César Award for Best Actor for work The Pianist in 2003
- He was nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for work The Pianist in 2003
- Adrien was nominated for Polish Academy Award for Best Actor for work The Pianist in 2003
- Adrien was nominated for Black Reel Award for Best Ensemble for work Cadillac Records in 2008
- Adrien was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for work Midnight in Paris in 2012
- He was nominated for Jameson People's Choice Award for Best Actor for work The Pianist in 2002
What Adrien Brody has done for a first time
- In 1992, he was seriously hurt in a motorcycle accident in which he flew over a car and crashed feet-first into a crosswalk. He spent months recuperating.
Adrien Brody's quotes
- I was a wild, mischievous kid and I had tremendous imagination. Any experience I had, I'd try to reenact it. I always had an actor within me.
- [on working on Peter Jackson's King Kong (2005)] I'm running around in front of a green screen screaming, "Where's the monkey? Where's the monkey?"
- [on his role as Jack in Love the Hard Way (2001)] I identified a lot with that character, I was exorcising the demons that I'd has as a hoody kid in Queens, where you hold your own or wither. So my character out-hustled the hustle.
- My dad told me, "It takes fifteen years to be an overnight success", and it took me seventeen and a half years.
- [on Roman Polanski] He wasn't easy on me, ever. He wasn't particularly kind to me, but he wasn't -- he was never disrespectful regarding the work. I grew. I'm stronger, I'm tougher from Roman. I'm tougher. I'm not harder, I'm just tougher.
- [on winning the Academy Award for Best Actor] It's interesting, winning an Academy Award as a young man . . . life-changing, but I'm just me within that. It's been very helpful for my career, but I'm trying to stay on the path I was on before.
- I'm not the kind of person to deliberately behave differently for the sake of behaving differently, but there are certain things that you have to kind of be true to and sacrifice your own freedom at that time to do.
- I've never taken a role for money. I felt it would be wrong - not necessarily a career decision - just wrong.
- They compare me to Al Pacino -- I admire and appreciate the comparison. But, really, I'd rather be thought of as "the first Adrien Brody," than "the new Al Pacino".
- I suppose that means I'm not easy to define. But that's good, isn't it? In this town they love to define you to death.
- I don't think anyone saw me as the heroic leading man before I won an Oscar. I'm not sure anyone does now, outside of Peter Jackson.
- I grew up without a lot of money and my parents grew up with far less money. And that's kept me in line. Really in line.
- You get a little fame as an actor and suddenly people ask your opinion on world politics and why we're in Iraq. Why is my opinion any more valid than anyone else's? My opinion doesn't count more just because I'm famous now.
- [Upon being described as "a young Al Pacino"] I'm a young Adrien Brody, thanks.
- [on motorcycling in India] I almost died. I jammed on the brakes, skidded and nearly slammed into it. I was laughing, thinking, "This is the way I'll be remembered: rear-ending a cow".
- What guides me is to do work that's more avant-garde - things that I think are special. You can easily become a celebrity and get caught up in all that blur. I just want to work and surprise myself.
- [on famously kissing Halle Berry on stage at the Academy Awards after winning for The Pianist (2002)] There was a lot of love it that room, real love and recognition. It was just a good moment and...I took it. 
Adrien Brody's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Adrien Brody looks. We will focus on his height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Adrien is tall as 6' 0½" (184 cm). Body build is slim. Adrien´s eyes are tinted green. His hair is shade of black.
Latest news about Adrien Brody
For the latest news - you can follow Adrien Brody on social networks.