Aaliyah is 22 years old actor born at Brooklyn. She was born on Tuesday 16th of January 1979. She is often nicknamed as LiyahBabyGirlWonder WomanLeeLi LiQueen of R&BPrincess of SoulQueen of Urban PopPrincess of R&B. According to year of birth 1979 she belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 16th of January means she is Capricorn. These people are stable in nature. As the sign lord is “Saturn”, the person will be judgemental in his approach.She was married 2 times.
She is native english speaker. She is citizen of United States of America. Her primary profession is to be actor. You can know her also as film actor, singer, model, ballet dancer, musician, dancer. She is recently known as fashion model.
Aaliyah's ex spouses
Aaliyah and R. Kelly have been together since 1994 for a year. He is known as record producer. Her ex spouse was born on Sunday 8th of January 1967 in Chicago.
Aaliyah and Damon Dash have been together since 2000 for a year. He is known as actor. Her ex spouse was born on Monday 3rd of May 1971 in New York City.
We found 1 school She attended. Name of the school: Detroit School of Arts.
Detailed informations about her schools
- Graduated from the Detroit High School of the Performing Arts with a 4.0 GPA.
- Attended Gesu Elementary School, a catholic school in Detroit, Michigan.
- Attended her high school prom with 5 friends in matching suits.
Her main focus is to be actor. You could see her also in Aaliyah, Rock the Boat.
How did Aaliyah die
She died on on Saturday 25th of August 2001 when he was only 22 years old at Marsh Harbour. Aaliyahs death was caused by airplane crash. It happend like accident.
Awards and competitions
- Won the MOBO Award for Best Video, "More Than A Woman". .
- Won the World Music Award for World's Best Selling R&B Artist (2001) and received one nomination for World's Best Selling Female R&B Artist (2002).
- Won posthumously for the Icon Israeli Musical Artist Award for Best Selling International Female Artist of the year. .
- Nominated posthumously for an Echo Award for Best Hip-Hop/R&B International. .
- Won the NME Award for Best R&B/Soul Act. .
- Nominated for two Billboard Music Video Awards for Maximum Vision Video and Best R&B Clip, "Try Again". .
- Nominated for the Source Award for R&B Artist of the Year, Female. .
- Won the Prestige Award for Entertainer of The Year. .
- Ranked #36 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
- Ranked #12 On Hollywoods Hottest of 2000.
- Black Men Magazine's 50 Sexiest Women of the Year  (Ranked: 35).
- FHM-Netherlands' 100 Sexiest Women  (Ranked: 82).
- Google's Top 10 Women Searches  (Ranked: 5).
- AOL's Top 10 Celebrity Searches  (Ranked: 6).
- All Shades of Fine - 25 Hottest Women of the Past 25 Years [BET - October 2005] (Ranked: 4).
- FHM-Germany's 100 Sexiest Women  (Ranked: 32).
- FHM-Germany's 100 Sexiest Women  (Ranked: 51).
- BET's 25 Best Dancers Ever [November 2007] (Ranked: 18).
- FHM's 100 Sexiest Women  (Ranked: 82).
- She was ranked #82 (2002) in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women.
- FHM-Philippines' 100 Sexiest Woman  (Ranked: 65).
- FHM-Australia's 100 Sexiest Women  (Ranked: 53).
- She was ranked #28 (2001) in Stuff's 100 Sexiest Women.
- FHM-France's 100 Sexiest Women  (Ranked: 33).
- Blender Magazine's 50 Sexiest Artists of All Time (Ranked: 43).
- Google's Top 10 Musician Searches [Germany, 2002] (Ranked: 10).
- Lycos' Top 20 Female Searches  (Ranked: 16).
- Lycos' Top 10 Female Searches  (Ranked: 11).
- Yahoo!'s Top 20 Music Artist Searches  (Ranked: 12).
- Rap-Up 50 Sexiest Women in Rap and R&B  (Ranked: 7).
- Maxim's 100 Sexiest Women  (Ranked: 41).
- Lycos' Top 10 Female Searches  (Ranked: 12).
- VH-1's 50 Greatest Women of the Video Era (Ranked: 35).
- VH-1's Top 40 Music Video Performers  (Ranked: 31).
- Q Magazine's 100 Women Who Rock the World (Ranked: 92).
- Lycos' Top 10 Musician Searches for the First Half of 2002 (Ranked: 5).
- Stuff's 101 Sexiest Women  (Ranked: 28).
- Netscape's Top 10 Music Marvels [January 2002] (Ranked: 4).
- Maxim's 100 Sexiest Women  (Ranked: 14).
- The One In A Million album was ranked number 90 on Rolling Stone's 100 greatest albums of the 90s list and was also listed as one of 33 Hip hop/R&B albums in Rolling Stone's "Essential Recordings of the 1990s.
- She was nominated for Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul Album, Female for work Age Ain't Nothing but a Number in 1995
- She was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song for work Journey to the Past in 1997
- She was nominated for Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul Album, Female for work One in a Million in 1997
- She was nominated for Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul Single, Female for work One in a Million in 1998
- She was nominated for MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Female Performance for work Romeo Must Die in 2001
- She was nominated for BET Award for Best Actor & Actress for work Romeo Must Die in 2001
- She was nominated for Grammy Award for Best R&B Album for work Aaliyah in 2001
- She was nominated for MTV Movie Award for Best Female Performance for work Romeo Must Die in 2001
- She was nominated for Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul Single, Female for work Rock the Boat in 2002
- She was nominated for BET Award for Viewer's Choice for work Rock the Boat in 2002
- She was nominated for Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul Album, Female for work Aaliyah in 2002
- She was nominated for Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul Album of the Year for work Aaliyah in 2002
- She was nominated for BET Award for Best Actor & Actress for work Queen of the Damned in 2002
- She was nominated for American Music Award for Favorite Soul/R&B Album for work Aaliyah in 2002
- She was nominated for MTV Movie Award for Best Villain for work Queen of the Damned in 2002
- She was nominated for NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Album for work Aaliyah in 2002
What Aaliyah has done for a first time
- Voted First Place by the readers of Black Men Magazine for "The 10 Sexiest Women of the Year." 
- The first female artist to have a posthumous number one single in the UK record charts. [January 2002]
- Was the first choice to play Valerie in Josie and the Pussycats (2001), but had already signed on for the lead role in Queen of the Damned (2002). Rosario Dawson eventually got the role.
- Lycos' Top 10 Musician Searches for the First Half of 2002 (Ranked: 5).
- The first single that she bought was Karma Chameleon by Culture Club.
- She first realized she could sing at the age of 6 .
- First heard herself on the radio while she was on her way to see the dentist.
- [from "MTV Diary: Aaliyah"] want people to remember me as a full-on entertainer and a good person.
- It's hard to say what I want my legacy to be when I'm long gone.
- [her advice for aspiring artists) Keep working hard and you can get anything that you want. If God gave you the talent, you should go for it. But don't think it's going to be easy. It's hard!
- Everything is worth it. The hard work, the times when you're tired, the times where you're a bit sad . . . In the end, it's all worth it because it really makes me happy. There's nothing better than loving what you do.
- Sensual is being in tune with your sensual self.
- When I'm long gone, I want to be remembered not just as an actress or singer, but as a full-on entertainer.
- Being female, you're raised to be a good, sweet girl and not flip out. So I had to give myself permission to be mean and evil. It's tough. But I've always been drawn to the darker side of things.
- [on Janet Jackson] I admire her a great deal. She's a total performer ... I'd love to do a duet with Janet Jackson.
- You have to love what you do to want to do it everyday.
- I stay true to myself and my style, and I am always pushing myself to be aware of that and be original.
- It's in how you carry yourself. I've always been a very mature person, and I've always known what I wanted. And I go after it no matter what.
- I see myself as sexy. If you are comfortable with it, it can be very classy and appealing.
- I go through the same problems all young people go through. Being in this business, I accept that there are positives and negatives but having a strong family base and a belief in God enables me to weather the storms.
- I'm the interpreter. I'm the one who takes your words and brings them to life. I was trained to sing and dance and laugh, and that's what I want to do.
- If at first you don't succeed/You can dust it off and try again/Dust yourself off and try again.
- My parents just tell me, 'If you know what you want, you should stay determined and go for it. You can do anything.'
- Whatever will be, will be.
- There are times in my life when I just want to be by myself.
- You have to enjoy your job; you should wake up every day and love what you do... I honestly do... From the bottom of my heart to the depths of my soul. I'm truly happy.
- There are times I can't even figure myself out.
- It's Friday and I'm ready to swing. Pick up my girls and hit the party scene.
- I think it's important to take a break, you know, from the public eye for a while, and give people a chance to miss you. I want longevity. I don't want to get out there and run myself ragged and spread myself thin.
- I know that people think I'm sexy and I am looked at as that. It is cool with me. It's wonderful to have sexy appeal. If you embrace it, it can be a very beautiful thing.
- I'm a survivor and I can handle anything. I'm very confident about that.
- I've always been mysterious. There are times when I don't understand myself...I think I'm a bit of a vampire in real life, and there are times when I just want to be myself.
- [on her second album "One In A Million"] I was very involved. When I got with the producers, I told them I wanted an album with different moods, different flavors. I wanted to talk about relationships and have party songs.
Aaliyah's body shape
Lets describe how Aaliyah looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Aaliyah
For the latest news - you can follow Aaliyah on social networks.