Sylvester Mccoy's biography
Sylvester Mccoy is 79 years old explorer born at Dunoon. He was born on Friday 20th of August 1943. Sylvester is often nicknamed as SylvThe Dark Doctor. According to year of birth 1943 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 20th of August means Sylvester is Leo. As sign in itself indicates “Lion” or “King”, hence people born under Leo sign are considered to be leaders in every aspects of life. They are royal in nature.
He is white irish. Sylvester is citizen of United Kingdom. Sylvester is agnostic. Sylvester´s primary profession is to be explorer. You can know Sylvester also as stage actor, film actor, television actor. Sylvester is recently known as actor.
Sylvester Mccoy's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Dunoon Grammar School, Blairs College.
Sylvester Mccoy's career
His main focus is to be explorer. Sylvester is famous thanks to Doctor Who, The Lord Of The Rings, in The Hobbit.
Is Sylvester Mccoy gay ?
Sylvester is known to be straight.
Sylvester Mccoy's quotes
- I don't relax. I sit down and contemplate all the energetic things I should do.
- It's all to do with the writing: Doctor Who (1963) has always been to do with the writing. Each writer brings their own individual story, and with that their own take on the Doctor.
- [on Doctor Who (1963)] You never had any time to think about the overall story. You learned the lines and tried not to bump into the monsters.
- [on Doctor Who (1963)] I'm very proud to be part of it. I'm a national institution. I'm in a museum. I thought you had to be dead to be in a museum, but I'm in a museum somewhere.
- If you really want to become well known, appreciated, applauded by your peers and by an audience, stick to the theatre.
- By the time you got to the third or fourth story of the season, you had no idea what it was about... You had no overall concept, because there was no time.
- [on whether or not he's been typecast] The actors who played the Doctors tended not to get typecast. The ones who suffered in Doctor Who (1963) were the companions, they are the ones who didn't necessarily go on to do a variety of other work.
- [on Doctor Who: Ghost Light: Part One (1989)] It was well done but God knows what it meant.
- Like all actors, you bring a lot of yourself to the Doctor. Life has made me kind of clown-like and comic. I see things in a comic way. But I'm also angry. Comedy does come from anger. It's the flipside of the coin, isn't it?
- If you're a really intelligent being, you're not going to be violent, because violence is not intelligent. It's a basic, Neanderthal thing that we carry with us. I feel very strongly that the Doctor should not be violent. He should find another way.
- [when asked what he hoped to accomplish in the role of the Doctor] I hope to have fun, keep it as wonderful as it was when the other six Doctors were doing it and enjoy it, really.
- When I became an actor, lots of people would say to me "you'd make a really good Doctor Who (1963)".
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Sylvester Mccoy's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Sylvester Mccoy looks. We will focus on Sylvester´s height, body shape, eye color and hair color. He is tall as 5' 6" (168 cm). Body build is average. His eyes are tinted brown - dark. His hair is shade of brown - light.
Latest news about Sylvester Mccoy
For the latest news - you can follow Sylvester Mccoy on social networks.
- Sylvester reached total 54 037 followers - Sylvester McCoy on Twitter