Ronda Rousey's biography
Ronda Jean Rousey is 35 years old mixed martial arts fighter born at Riverside County, CA, USA. She was born on Sunday 1st of February 1987. Ronda is often nicknamed as Rowdy, The Rowdy One, Rowdy Ronda, The Arm Collector. According to year of birth 1987 she belongs to Millennials. Birthday on 1st of February means Ronda is Aquarius. Aquarius is an Airy sign. They are smart thinkers, social, communicative, independent and intelligent people.
She is native english speaker. Ronda is white american. She is citizen of United States of America. Her primary profession is to be mixed martial arts fighter. You can know Ronda also as judoka, professional wrestler, martial artist. She is recently known as actor.
Ronda Rousey's mom
Ronda Rousey's mother's name is AnnMaria De Mars. She is known as judoka. Her mother was born on Friday 15th of August 1958 in Scott Air Force Base. Ronda Rousey was born when she was 29 years old.
Ronda Rousey's schools
We found 1 school Ronda attended. Name of the school: Santa Monica High School.
Ronda Rousey's career
Ronda´s main focus is to be mixed martial arts fighter. She is famous thanks to 1st Woman to sign with UFC.
Is Ronda Rousey gay ?
Ronda is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Ronda Rousey's Rankings
- Ranked #42 on Maxim's Hot 100 for 2014.
- In August of 2014 she was ranked #8 Pound-By-Pound fighter in the world by the UFC, ahead of Johny Hendricks (#10), Vitor Belfort (#11) and Alexander Gustafsson (#13).
- In May of 2015, Business Insider ranked Ronda as the #1 most dominant athletes alive. Of the list of 50 athletes, Ronda was ranked ahead of #2 LeBron James, #3 Serena Williams, and #4 Cristiano Ronaldo.
What else you don't know about Ronda Rousey ?
Her middle name is Jean.
What Ronda Rousey has done for a first time
- At the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, she won a bronze medal, becoming the first American woman to win a medal since judo's inclusion in the Olympics.
- Her mother, Dr. AnnMaria DeMars, is a seventh-degree black belt in judo, and the first American to ever win a world championship in judo, in 1984.
- In November of 2012 she became the first female fighter to sign a contract with the UFC.
- The Expendables 3 (2014) director Patrick Hughes suffered a broken rib from one of her punches on set before her first scene. She also broke a few of blogger reporter Aaron Tru's ribs while demonstrating a judo throw onto an unpadded floor.
- When Sports Illustrated released its first ever triple swimsuit issue (February 2016), Ronda, Ashley Graham and Hailey Clauson each made an individual cover.
- On the March 4, 2019 episode of WWE RAW, Rousey turned heel for her first time in her WWE career when she condemned the fans for booing her, and cheering for Becky Lynch. She proceeded to attack Charlotte Flair, and brutalize Becky Lynch.
- On April 21, 2021, Ronda Rousey announced to the world that she, and her husband Travis Browne are expecting their first child.
Ronda Rousey's quotes
- People just live such pampered and soft lives now that sometimes we need to get a little bit hurt and get a little bit in a fight to be reminded that we're still humans, that we're not living in bubble wrap.
- [on men being intimidated by her] Some guys are, but I feel like that just saves me time. If a guy is easily intimidated by a strong woman then that's obviously not the kind of man that I would be interested in anyway.
- [on her heated rivalry with Miesha Tate] As a fighter I completely respect Miesha. I think that she's an amazing fighter and she's a tough chick, and she definitely has my respect. She just doesn't have my affection.
- I love fighting because I get to have a big battle every couple of months to make up for the little battles I had to forfeit everyday.
- [on being cut and edited to be portrayed as the bad girl on The Ultimate Fighter (2005)] It was what was needed most at the time for the girls, and I was happy to play that role. I was happy to be the bad guy.
- No matter how much you try or what you say, people aren't going to fully understand you or where you're coming from. You just have to get used to being misunderstood.
- You call me arrogant? I say it's an accurate self-assessment because I work my ass off to be as good as I am at what I do and I'm proud of myself.
- I don't want every girl to have the same ambitions as me but I want them to be ambitious. I'm tired of seeing girls that shut up and have no ambition being idolized as what's attractive.
- [on trash talking] If something's funny or witty and true then I'm gonna say it because . . . why not?
- Bubble wrapping society is no way to make people more peaceful. MMA is the safest way for people to really get that natural aggression and frustration out.
- If you saw the Batman where he had to make Aaron Eckhart look like the good guy and then himself look like the bad guy because that's what Gotham City needed . . . The women's division is Gotham City. And I am Batman.
- No drug or amount of money or favoritism can ever give you belief in yourself.
- To get anything of real value, you have to fight for it.
- There is nothing in my life that I would go back and change, even the darkest moments. All the successes and greatest joys in my life are a result of the absolute worst things. Every missed opportunity is a blessing in disguise.
- Once you've conquered the worst things that could happen, there is no need to fear the unknown. You are fearless.
- Know when to explode and know when to relax - that's the only way to survive.
- To be the best, you have to be constantly challenging yourself, raising the bar, pushing the limits of what you can do. Don't stand still, leap forward.
- There were times when I knew I was in a terrible situation, but I also knew it wouldn't last forever. Those are the moments when you have to remind yourself that this experience is a defining moment in your life, but you are not defined by it.
- It is not about just winning the round. It is not just about winning the fight. It is about winning every single second of your life.
- One of the greatest days of my life was when I came to understand that other people's approval and my happiness were not related.
- People want to project their own insecurities on others, but I refuse to allow them to put them on me. Just because you don't think that you could be the best in the world doesn't mean that I shouldn't have the confidence to believe I can do anything.
- I'm more used to being booed by a crowd than I am being cheered. I have never been a fan favorite. Pretty much my entire competitive career has been defined by people hoping to see me lose.
- There have always been people who have written me off. They're not going away. I use that to motivate me. I'm driven to show them just how wrong they are.
- The knowledge that everything good can be taken away at any second is what makes me work so hard.
- I want to be a perfect fighter, and that's one of those unattainable goals because you will never be perfect. But I can always be closer to perfect.
- There's not a single muscle on my body that isn't for a purpose because I'm not a Do-Nothing Bitch. It's not very eloquently said, but it's to the point. And maybe that's just what I am. I'm not that eloquent, but I'm to the point.
- I have this one term for the kind of woman that my mother raised me to not be, and I call it a Do-Nothing Bitch... a DNB. The kind of chick that just tries to be pretty and be taken cared of by somebody else.
- He [Paul Walker] was a joy to be around. You could tell that everybody was just... they weren't all there for themselves. They were there for each other. I was really happy that I got to be one of the last people to witness that.
- [on being inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame] We have changed what it means to 'fight like a girl'.
Ronda Rousey's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Ronda Rousey looks. We will focus on Ronda´s height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. Ronda is tall as 5' 7" (170 cm). Ronda weights 135lbs (61 kg). Body build is athletic. Ronda´s eyes are tinted blue. Her hair is shade of blonde. If you are really curious, you may find interesting her shoe size is 9.
Latest news about Ronda Rousey
For the latest news - you can follow Ronda Rousey on social networks.