Robert Bresson's biography
Robert Bresson is 98 years old screenwriter born at Bromont-Lamothe. He was born on Wednesday 25th of September 1901. Robert is often nicknamed as Robert Bresson. According to year of birth 1901 he belongs to Lost Generation. Birthday on 25th of September means he is Libra. Libra sign depicts that it is all about “Balance”. It seems that their life is very balanced, however, things are way opposite as they always face unstable situations in order to balance it further.
His ancestry is french. He is citizen of France. He is an adherent of catholicism. Robert´s primary profession is to be screenwriter. You can know Robert also as film director, painter. Robert is recently known as director. He received Louis Delluc Prize Diary of a Country Priest in 1950
Robert Bresson's schools
We found 1 school He attended. Name of the school: Lycée Lakanal.
Robert Bresson's career
His main focus is to be screenwriter.
How did Robert Bresson die
He died on on Saturday 18th of December 1999 when he was 98 years old at Paris. Robert Bressons death was caused by natural causes. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Robert Bresson's Awards
- Robert received award for Louis Delluc Prize for work Diary of a Country Priest in 1950
- Robert received award for Cannes Best Director Award for work A Man Escaped in 1957
- He received award for Jury Prize for work The Trial of Joan of Arc in 1962
- Robert received award for Sutherland Trophy for work Four Nights of a Dreamer in 1971
- He received award for Cannes Best Director Award for work L'Argent in 1983
- Robert received award for National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Director for work L'Argent in 1984
Robert Bresson's Nominations
- He was nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Film for work A Man Escaped in 1958
- Robert was nominated for National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Director for work L'Argent in 1984
What Robert Bresson has done for a first time
- Did not direct his first feature film until he was 42 years old.
Robert Bresson's quotes
- Cinema is interior movement.
- Two types of films: those that employ the resources of the theater; those that employ the resources of cinematography
- Cinematography: a new way of writing, therefore of feeling.
- For me, film-making is combining images and sounds of real things in an order that makes them effective. What I disapprove of is photographing things that are not real. Sets and actors are not real.
- Painting taught me to make not beautiful images but necessary ones.
- A film is not a spectacle; it is preeminently a style.
- [When asked if he could summarize Mouchette as he saw it] No. It can't be summarized. If it could, it'd be awful.
- I'd rather people feel a film before understanding it. I'd rather feelings arise before intellect.
- I always shoot on the dangerous line between showing too much and not showing enough. I try to work as if I were on a tightrope with a precipice at either side.
- You can't show everything. If you do, it's no longer art. Art lies in suggestion.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Robert Bresson's height, body shape
Lets describe how Robert Bresson looks. We will focus on Robert´s height, body shape. He is tall as 5' 10" (178 cm). Body build is average.