Pier Paolo Pasolini's biography
Pier Paolo Pasolini is 53 years old film director born at Bologna. Pier was born on Sunday 5th of March 1922. According to year of birth 1922 he belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 5th of March means he is Pisces. Pisces is a Watery Sign. They are very intuitive people. They are empathic, emotional and highly spiritual in nature.
He is white italian. He is atheist. Pier´s primary profession is to be film director. You can know him also as translator, actor, poet, screenwriter, journalist, novelist, playwright, film actor, film critic. He is recently known as writer.
Pier Paolo Pasolini's schools
We found 2 schools Pier attended. Complete list of schools: Liceo Luigi Galvani, University of Bologna.
Pier Paolo Pasolini's career
Pier´s main focus is to be film director. Pier is famous thanks to Accattone.
Is Pier Paolo Pasolini gay ?
He is known to be gay.
How did Pier Paolo Pasolini die
He died on on Sunday 2nd of November 1975 when he was 53 years old at Lido di Ostia. Pier Paolo Pasolinis death was caused by murdered (by being run over several times with his own car). It happend like homicide.
Awards and competitions
Pier Paolo Pasolini's Awards
- He received award for Golden Bear
- Pier received award for Best Screenplay Award (Cannes Film Festival)
- He received award for Cannes Film Festival Grand Prix
- He received award for Nastro d'Argento for Best Director
- He received award for Q16156319
- He received award for Jussi Awards 1968
- He received award for Kinema Junpo
What else you don't know about Pier Paolo Pasolini ?
His middle name is Paolo.
What Pier Paolo Pasolini has done for a first time
- His book of poetry was first published in 1942 titled "Poesie a Casarsa".
- He caused national controversy with his first novel about slum life called "Ragazzi di vita" (1955). Another examination of the same themes was "Una vita violenta" (1959), translated as "A Violent Life".
Pier Paolo Pasolini's quotes
- The mark which has dominated all my work is the longing for life, this sense of exclusion, which doesn't lessen, but augments this love of life.
- [on atheism] If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief. (1966)
- [on SalÃ², or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)] My film shows the sinister connection between consumerism and Nazism.
- I think that consumerism manipulates and violates bodies neither more nor less than Nazism.
- It's for everyone. For people like me.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Pier Paolo Pasolini's body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Pier Paolo Pasolini looks. We will focus on Pier´s body shape, eye color and hair color. Body build is slim. Pier´s eyes are tinted brown - dark. His hair is shade of brown - dark.