Casey Affleck's biography
Casey Affleck is 47 years old film producer born at Falmouth. He was born on Tuesday 12th of August 1975. According to year of birth 1975 he belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 12th of August means he is Leo. As sign in itself indicates “Lion” or “King”, hence people born under Leo sign are considered to be leaders in every aspects of life. They are royal in nature.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be film producer. You can know him also as screenwriter, film actor, stage actor, television actor, actor, film director, voice actor. He is recently known as film editor. He received Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama Manchester by the Sea in 2017
Casey Affleck's dad
Casey Affleck's father's name is Timothy Byers Affleck.
Casey Affleck's mom
Casey Affleck's mother's name is Christine Anne Boldt.
Casey Affleck's family
Casey Affleck's ex spouse
Casey Affleck and Summer Phoenix have been together since 2006 for 11 years. She is known as actor. His ex spouse was born on Sunday 10th of December 1978 in Winter Park.
He has 1 son.
Casey Affleck's son: Indiana Affleck
Casey Affleck's son's name is Indiana Affleck. He is known as actor. His son was born on Monday 31st of May 2004 in Los Angeles.
Casey Affleck's schools
We found 3 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Columbia University, George Washington University, Cambridge Rindge and Latin School.
Detailed informations about his schools
- Attended Columbia University, majoring in Physics. During this time he lived with his grandma in Manhattan.
- Graduated from Cambridge Rindge and Latin School in June 1993.
Casey Affleck's career
His main focus is to be film producer.
Casey Affleck's partners
Casey Affleck and Caylee Cowan have been together. She is known as actor. His partner was born on Thursday 19th of March 1998.
Casey Affleck and Floriana Lima have been together since 2016 for 5 years. She is known as actor. His partner was born on Thursday 26th of March 1981 in Cincinnati.
Awards and competitions
Casey Affleck's Awards
- He received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama for work Manchester by the Sea in 2017
- He received award for Academy Award for Best Actor for work Manchester by the Sea in 2017
Casey Affleck's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for work The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford in 2007
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for work Manchester by the Sea in 2017
- He was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role for work The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford in 2008
- He was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role for work Manchester by the Sea in 2017
Casey Affleck's quotes
- [on his family's support of his animal rights beliefs] My family would be supportive if I said I wanted to be a Martian, wear only banana skins, make love to ashtrays, and eat tree bark.
- (About breaking his arm) The doctor operated for six hours and saved my arm. I mean, I can't speak for my arm. It might have rather been set free.
- I'm tired of playing the brat.
- For people who have... had curve balls thrown at them, it is easier to digest change and digest change in other people. Change only scares the small-minded. The small-minded and me.
- I am in the process of starting a nonprofit organization that gives rescued animals a home in a simulated wild environment and, for those who have been tested on, who are disabled, aggressive, etc., their own space to live out their days.
- Celebrity never really served me that well; it serves other people well.
- I have a very bad relationship with mice.
- What is acceptable in our culture, I think, is really detrimental. I think we ought to have a little more ownership over the kind of material and the content that we put in front of people, especially young people.
- They wanted me to do Scream 2 (1997), and I hate talking about movies I turned down, because it sounds judgmental. There's nothing wrong with horror movies. I enjoy watching them. The main reason I turn a part down is if I think I won't be good.
- In my movies, there has been little to do in the way of animal rights. I have never worked in a movie with animals. No horse-riding, no trained dogs, lions, bears. A few actors, but what could I do? We had to have them.
- In a movie we try to deceive. In theaters, as they say, the deceived are the wisest.
- I have friends who remember seeing fish hauled onto a boat's deck and beaten to death.
- My mom has a good way of engaging me in a conversation about the choices I make, listening, being objective and open-minded, and respecting those choices so long as they don't put me in danger.
- The first movie was mostly about George and Julia. This one is mostly about me and Catherine and our love story and our whole history. So it's a very different movie.
- People should try eating no animal products for just one day a week.
- The way people appear in the gossip papers, as they're depicted as celebrities, it's not often much like who they are. The more people I meet, the more that's true. Sometimes, they're worse.
- When I like someone a lot, I get scared that I'll let them down. My fear of sucking is worst when I feel like someone thinks I'm good.
- I don't really care that much about being a matinee idol.
- We obsess about celebrities. We create them, build myths around them, and then hunt them and destroy them. I don't know where it's taking us or what it means, but I know we do it. I have seen a lot of it myself.
- You sleep with people all the time that you hate.
- It seems like they never say anything bad about actors, they just pump them up.
- The first dog I had was owned by an abusive couple. He was very skittish. He wouldn't let me hold him. It was explained to me that it was because of how he was treated.
- I moved out to LA, got an agent, started auditioning. I didn't know anything about how it worked. And since I was really bad, luckily, I didn't get any of those parts.
- I get offered a lot of the same type of thing... The teenage slasher movies.
- After I left LA... it was like waking up. And so I moved back east and stopped auditioning.
- If I can't see the humor in it, how am I going to be funny?
- I love getting ready to do a scene, and thinking about it, and talking about it. But the rest of the time, I'm so nervous and obsessed. I'm just tearing my hair out in the trailer. The whole time I'm really tense.
- I didn't have to audition. That's common, but it had never happened to me before. Normally, I hate auditioning. I need to stew and think... let the character develop and grow inside me.
- When a performance isn't working, it's usually because the actor is trying to do something and they're not able to express their idea very well. It's a muddled expression.
- Why can't people just say they were moved? Why do they have to say it's sappy?
- I like studio movies; I love big commercial movies.
- I don't want to be known as someone who is deliberately trying to do things that are not commercial! That is not a good reputation to have when you're trying to be a working actor.
- If you look at the paths of other actors, most people have a curve where you hit it and there's a time where you make a lot of money and they let you make your movies, and then they take it away and it's gone.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Casey Affleck's body shape
Lets describe how Casey Affleck looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Casey Affleck
For the latest news - you can follow Casey Affleck on social networks.