Bret Mckenzie's biography
Bret Peter Tarrant McKenzie is 46 years old actor born at Wellington. Bret was born on Tuesday 29th of June 1976. He is often nicknamed as Rhymenoceros. According to year of birth 1976 he belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 29th of June means Bret is Cancer. Cancer is a watery sign. They are very friendly and show motherly love to everyone. According to ascendant calculator, an important trait of these natives is their sensitive nature.
He is white new zealander. Bret is citizen of New Zealand. Bret´s primary profession is to be actor. You can know him also as singer, musician, screenwriter, music supervisor, composer, film actor, comedian, record producer. He is recently known as television actor.
Bret Mckenzie's dad
Bret Mckenzie's father's name is Peter McKenzie. He is known as actor. Bret´s father was born in 1976 in Wellington.
Bret Mckenzie's schools
We found 2 schools Bret attended. Complete list of schools: Wellington College, Victoria University of Wellington.
Bret Mckenzie's career
His main focus is to be actor. He is famous thanks to Flight of the Conchords. You could see Bret also in Man or Muppet. He is also a member of Flight of the Conchords. Maybe you are curious what instrument does he play ? He plays guitar.
Awards and competitions
Bret Mckenzie's Awards
- Bret received award for Academy Award for Best Original Song for work Man or Muppet in 26 February 2012
Bret Mckenzie's quotes
- The 'Muppets' were a very big part of my childhood, and 'Flight of the Conchords' definitely has elements of the 'Muppets' in it, specifically the way we mixed music and comedy.
- One of the mistakes I made was thinking chickens and penguins could sing, just like all the other animals in the 'Muppets.' But it turns out those animals are not allowed to sing words.
- I think the radio is kind of cool, because you're really free to do whatever you want, because you can go into another world. Whereas in TV, you have to make that world.
- My acting's very understated. I think my sad and happy don't play that differently onscreen.
- Music-wise, I listen to everything. Leonard Cohen, Randy Newman - I guess I like a lot of '70s music.
- It's easy to struggle in New York. I think New York is a bit expensive.
- I grew up watching the 'Muppets.' In New Zealand, the 'Muppets' were as big as anywhere else I think. It was a pretty global phenomenon.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Bret Mckenzie's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Bret Mckenzie looks. We will focus on Bret´s height, body shape, eye color and hair color. He is tall as 6' 0" (183 cm). Body build is average. Bret´s eyes are tinted grey. Bret´s hair is shade of black.