Bette Midler's biography
Bette Midler is 77 years old comedian born at Honolulu. She was born on Saturday 1st of December 1945. She is often nicknamed as The Divine Miss MBathhouse BettyThe Rose. According to year of birth 1945 she belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 1st of December means she is Sagittarius. Sagittarius is a Fiery sign of Zodiac Belt. These people are highly learned and love to gain knowledge throughout their life.
She is native american english speaker. She is citizen of United States of America. Her primary profession is to be comedian. You can know her also as film actor, singer, musician, television actor, voice actor, film producer. She is recently known as stage actor.
Bette Midler's family
Bette Midler's spouse
He is known as actor. Her spouse was born on Thursday 20th of January 1949 in Buenos Aires.
Bette Midler's ex spouse
She has 1 daughter.
Bette Midler's daughter: Sophie von Haselberg
Bette Midler's daughter's name is Sophie von Haselberg. She is known as actor. Her daughter was born on Friday 14th of November 1986.
Bette Midler's schools
We found 5 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: University of Hawaiʻi, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, Admiral Arthur W. Radford High School, HB Studio, Pratt Institute School of Information.
Detailed informations about her schools
- Attended and graduated from Radford High School in Honolulu, Hawaii in 1963.
- Graduated as valedictorian of her high school.
Bette Midler's career
Her main focus is to be comedian.
Awards and competitions
Bette Midler's Awards
- Won four Grammy Awards including the 1973 Best New Artist and the prestigious Record of the Year in 1989 for the soaring rendition of her # 1 hit "Wind Beneath My Wings" from the movie Beaches (1988).
- In 1974, she received a special Tony Award "for adding lustre to the Broadway season".
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6922 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on February 6, 1985.
- Won the 2017 Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Award for her performance as Dolly Gallagher Levi in "Hello, Dolly!" on June 11, 2017.
Bette Midler's Rankings
- Ranked #51 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
Bette Midler's Nominations
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress for work The Rose in 1979
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress
- She was nominated for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress for work Stella in 1991
What Bette Midler has done for a first time
- Her first big album "The Divine Miss M" was produced by Barry Manilow.
- The last syllable of her first name is unpronounced because her mother thought that was how Bette Davis pronounced her name.
Bette Midler's quotes
- I try not to drink too much, because when I'm drunk, I bite.
- [on acting] You have to think you're the greatest thing since sliced bread, but know you're not.
- [2005, during a concert in Brisbane, Australia] It's been 26 years since I was last here. Before my fans were all taking drugs; this time they're all taking medication!
- The worst part of success is to try finding someone who is happy for you.
- I always try to balance the light with the heavy - a few tears of human spirit in with the sequins and the fringes.
- I bear no grudges. I have a mind that retains nothing.
- Get the trash off the street and back on the stage where it belongs.
- In Hawaii, I was the chief chunker in a pineapple canning factory. I used to come home smelling like a compote.
- Underneath all this drag, I'm really a librarian, you know.
- I wouldn't say I invented tack, but I definitely brought it to its present high popularity.
- Thank God for the gays. I don't know what would have happened but I know what did happen. Good for them and good for me.
- I've never been to a sex orgy in my entire life. Studio 54 was way worse than the baths.
- I'm glad my daughter has been [university educated]. I sometimes think I should go back to school to learn French and music, but who would have me?
- I thought I would be an actorrrr. I thought I'd be Ethel Barrymore. I didn't know who she was, but she was my idea of an actorrrr. It seemed it would be more fun to be someone else rather than myself.
- On desire: If somebody makes me laugh, I'm his slave for life.
- I'm not just vain, I'm ignorant. I'm vignorant!
- I celebrate everyone's religious holidays. if it's good enough for the righteous, it's good enough for the self-righteous, I always say.
- [Accusing Lady Gaga of stealing her Dolores DeLago routine] I've been doing singing mermaid since 1980. You can keep the meat dress and the firecracker boobs. Mermaid's mine.
- As Joan Crawford once said, "I'll show ya a pair of Golden Globes!".
- [on Susan Boyle] She is an act whose time has come. People love that voice. She sings straight. She doesn't do a lot of riffing. There are no trills, no thrills. Its straight singing and it comes from the heart.
- [on Sue Mengers who she played on Broadway] Sue even had a friend blowing marijuana smoke into her face as she passed away. She was high until the bitter end.
- I'm incapable of doing anything other than entertaining. I can barely add and I've never been able to do my own taxes. It's a good thing I've been blessed with this fantastic will to go forward, even when I hit the skids.
- When I first heard "Wind Beneath My Wings", I thought: "I'm not singing that." [Longtime friend and producer] Marc Shaiman insisted and it was the biggest hit of my career.
- Charm is something a lot of today's young artists could do with. Maybe I'll start a charm school, like they had at Motown. They don't see it takes more than looking cute and not falling over in high heels.
- My father loved me, but until the day he died he thought it was a total waste of time and that I should have been a teacher or a nurse.
- Fame and money was partly what drove me to leave Hawaii for New York to become a singer when I was 19. When you are poor - and we were really poor - it's human nature to want to better yourself.
- [on Beaches (1988)] No one was more surprised than me at how it took off and has such a place in the hearts of so many generations.
- The glass ceiling still exists. It's getting a little better for women, but past a certain age, certainly not.
- If you wants something done, you'd better do it yourself - or ask another woman to do it.
- [observation, 2015] Don't I look fabulous? I'm a triumph of science and fiction.
- Jerry Lewis, a complicated soul who made the whole world laugh has died
- Where's Rand Paul's neighbor when we need him?
- Climate change is real. It's actually the most important story of the age. I think about it every day. I worry about the oceans and the fact that there's so much plastic now and people are so wasteful. That's a terrible sin to me.
- [on Marvel movies] They're unbearably loud. They make such a racket. They don't really have any decent dialogue. And there's a lot of explosions.
- I don't think there's anything wrong with being a housewife. I think all work is honorable. Being a mother is fantastic. But if you have a passion for something and a talent for something, you should be able to follow your bliss.
- Now that I Am Cait has been cancelled, will she go back to being Bruce? Will Kris take him back? Do I smell a re-wedding?!
Bette Midler's body shape
Lets describe how Bette Midler looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Bette Midler
For the latest news - you can follow Bette Midler on social networks.