Angela Lansbury's biography
Angela Lansbury is 97 years old voice actor born at United Kingdom. She was born on Friday 16th of October 1925. She is often nicknamed as Angie. According to year of birth 1925 she belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 16th of October means she is Libra. Libra sign depicts that it is all about “Balance”. It seems that their life is very balanced, however, things are way opposite as they always face unstable situations in order to balance it further.She was married 2 times.
She is native english speaker. She is citizen of United Kingdom. Her primary profession is to be voice actor. You can know her also as singer, film producer, writer, character actor, screenwriter, television actor, stage actor, film actor. She is recently known as television producer.
Angela Lansbury's dad
Angela Lansbury's father's name is Edgar Lansbury.
Angela Lansbury's mom
Angela Lansbury's mother's name is Moyna MacGill. She is known as actor. Her mother was born on Tuesday 10th of December 1895 in Belfast. Angela Lansbury was born when she was 30 years old. Her mother died on Tuesday 25th of November 1975 in Los Angeles. Moyna Macgill was 50 years old, when this happened.
Angela Lansbury's family
Angela Lansbury's ex spouses
Angela Lansbury and Peter Shaw have been together since 1949 for 54 years. He is known as actor. Her ex spouse was born on Monday 24th of June 1918 in Reading. Her ex spouse died on Wednesday 29th of January 2003 in Los Angeles. Peter Shaw was 78 years old, when this happened.
Angela Lansbury and Richard Cromwell have been together since 1945 for a year.
She has 1 son.
Angela Lansbury's son: Anthony Pullen Shaw
Angela Lansbury's son's name is Anthony Pullen Shaw. He is known as actor. Her son was born on Monday 7th of January 1952 in Los Angeles.
Angela Lansbury's schools
We found 2 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art, South Hampstead High School.
Detailed informations about her schools
- Graduated from South Hampstead High School, in Hampstead, Northwest, London, England, in 1939, at only 13.
Angela Lansbury's career
Her main focus is to be voice actor.
How did Angela Lansbury die
She died on on Tuesday 11th of October 2022 when he was 97 years old. Angela Lansburys death was caused by natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Angela Lansbury's Awards
- 1985: She accepted the Oscar for "Best Actress in a Supporting Role" on behalf of Peggy Ashcroft, who wasn't present at the awards ceremony.
- She has been the co-recipient of 3 Grammy Awards for the Broadway stage shows, "Mame" (1966) and "Sweeney Todd" (1979) in which she played the female lead.
- 2006: To date, she has hosted (or co-hosted) more Tony Awards telecasts than any other individual: (1968, 1971, 1987, 1988 and 1989).
- 1997: She was awarded the American National Medal of the Arts by the National Endowment of the Arts in Washington, D.C.
- She won four Tony Awards for Best Actress in a Musical, and is best known for being in musicals, although her singing voice was dubbed in the romantic musical The Harvey Girls (1946).
- She was nominated for the 2007 Tony Award (New York City) for Actress in a Drama for "Deuce".
- She was awarded the 2009 Tony Award for Actress in a Featured Role in a Play for her performance in "Blithe Spirit" on Broadway in New York City.
- She was awarded 2 Stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Motion Pictures at 6623 Hollywood Boulevard; and for Television at 6259 Holywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- After a 40-year absence triumphantly returned to London's West End stage in her Tony-winning role as Madam Arcati in Sir NoÃ«l Coward's 'Blithe Spirit'. She won her only Laurence Olivier Award for Best Supporting Actress in 2015 at the age of 89.
- As of 2022, Angela holds the record for hosting the most Tony Award shows. Angela has hosted 5 times: 1968, 1971, 1987, 1988, and 1989. Neil Patrick Harris and Hugh Jackman have hosted 4 times each.
- Angela Lansbury died on October 11, 2022, at age 96. Four months before she passed away, in June 2022, she received a special award for Lifetime Achievement at the 75th Tony Awards, but was unable to accept the award in person.
Angela Lansbury's Rankings
- Her performance as Mrs. Iselin in The Manchurian Candidate (1962) is ranked #91 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time. The same performance was ranked #21 in AFI's 100 Years...100 Heroes and Villains for villains.
Angela Lansbury's Nominations
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for work Gaslight in 1944
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress
- She was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Drama for work Murder, She Wrote in 1984
What Angela Lansbury has done for a first time
- A recent authorized biography, "Balancing Act", states that her first husband, Richard Cromwell was gay, a fact she didn't know until after their separation.
- She was longtime friends with the late Bob Hope and gave a speech at his memorial service on August 27, 2003. She and Hope appeared on Bob Hope: The First 90 Years (1993), and she sang with him.
- She was among the special guests who were invited to the Grand Opening of the first Disney Park in Europe (Disneyland Resort Paris, formerly known as EuroDisney Resort), where she impressed her hand prints.
- Her first great grandchild was born in 2017.
- Before she was a successful actress, she worked alongside her mother (Moyna MacGill), where her first theatrical job as a nightclub act at the Samovar Club in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Angela Lansbury's quotes
- Actors are not made, they are born.
- I've had an incredible relationship with my husband, with my family. I know they've had problems of their own, but we have never wavered in our closeness as a family. I've had a hell of a life.
- I just stopped playing bitches on wheels and peoples' mothers. I have only a few more years to kick up my heels!
- I'm never left behind. I'm the bionic woman.
- Providing I can put one foot in front of the other, I will continue to act.
- It has been erroneously reported that I am a Republican! I am not a Republican. It's all over the Internet and It's bizarre. I'm a huge Obama fan. I've already voted for him by absentee ballot. I am Democrat from the ground up.
- Work in the theatre just keeps revitalizing me, it keeps giving me the excitement and the fun of something new coming up and that's a great gift.
-  I absolutely do not have a retirement age... I'm only 87 - which today is nothing. It's just like 60 a few years back. I believe age should not stop you from keeping on.
- [on the desire to perform until the very end] My son said to me "Mom, honestly, the best thing for you would be to keep working and just go out on stage." and I think that's a good thing to aim for.
- [on being awarded British Damehood] I'm joining a marvelous group of women I greatly admire like Judi Dench and Maggie Smith. It's a lovely thing to be given that nod of approval by your own country and I really cherish it.
- Children in our business suffer from exposure. Mine did because I was Broadway star. And my children's generation was the first to be confused by reality, The Sixties was a bad time to find yourself.
- [on Bette Davis] She is an original. There has never been anyone, before or since, who could touch her.
- I'm eternally grateful for the Irish side of me. That's where I got my sense of comedy and whimsy. As for the English half , that's my reserved side. But put me onstage, and the Irish comes out. The combination makes a good mix for acting.
- [In 2022] I was never going to get to play the girl next door. And I was never going to be groomed to be a glamorous movie star. And I sort of realized that. So I had to make peace with myself on that score.
- Those of us who were 12 or 13 when the war started were absolutely thrown into the mainstream. We had to grow up instantly, and take care of ourselves.
Angela Lansbury's body shape
Lets describe how Angela Lansbury looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.